11-12-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
Mrmike1981
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35i

Harman Kardon Speaker Issue

Good day everyone,

I have a question with regards to the HK system in my F15 X5 2018. And I am hoping you guys can test something for me since BMW is telling me there is nothing wrong with the system:

THIS IS THE ISSUE:

When deactivating the LOGIC 7 setting in the IDrive the speakers in the rear passenger doors are not working? At all. They only work when the LOGIC 7 is activated.

BMW service in Fort Lauderdale says this is normal and that it is supposed to be like this. I can hardly believe it since I had 4 series with a HK system and all speakers always worked. Only the sound enhanced with the Logic 7 activated.

Could someone with the same system try it out for me and let me know what is happening with your rear passenger door speakers that would be very helpful.

I truly appreciate it.

Thank you very much everyone looking forward to your replies.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
Cranswick852
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M 40d

Not normal. Just tested mine (2014 X5 40D with HK sound) and sound comes from rear doors and rear cargo area at all times - with and without Logic 7
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
CarCzar128i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010128iconvertible

The first thing I would check is the FADER setting in the tone controls menu!

True story...35 years ago one of my co-residents was raving about his new (used) toyota Celica, except the speakers on one side of his car didn't work. One evening we finally leave work together and he shows me his car and demonstrates his "broken" stereo. I play with the controls and find the balance ring outside the volume control and I "fixed" his broken stereo on the spot! We both had a lot of laughs over that one!

I hope your fix is as simple!
Appreciate 0