BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
maximus5403
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Eisenmann Race Install Question

For those that installed the exhaust themselves were there indents in the factory pipes you used for cut location or did you just measure and hope? Also, since I won't have valves anymore can I disconnect the wires and tuck them away or do I need to leave the valves attached? Not sure if I can just code them out. I have my car up on the lift and sawzall ready but did not see any indents for where to cut.

Any help would be much appreciated!
      06-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
norcalM
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

I just measured and hoped! Lol. I held up the Eisenmann system under the stock exhaust (that was still on the car) and marked the cut locations. Ended up using an exhaust pipe adapter which gives it some play. Turned out pretty good! I think that’s all an exhaust shop would do anyway.
For the valves, just disconnect the wires and you’re good to go. I just wrapped them in electrical tape, and tucked and taped them behind the bumper to protect from any debris or water.
You’re gonna love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus5403 View Post
For those that installed the exhaust themselves were there indents in the factory pipes you used for cut location or did you just measure and hope? Also, since I won't have valves anymore can I disconnect the wires and tuck them away or do I need to leave the valves attached? Not sure if I can just code them out. I have my car up on the lift and sawzall ready but did not see any indents for where to cut.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #3
maximus5403
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalM View Post
I just measured and hoped! Lol. I held up the Eisenmann system under the stock exhaust (that was still on the car) and marked the cut locations. Ended up using an exhaust pipe adapter which gives it some play. Turned out pretty good! I think that’s all an exhaust shop would do anyway.
For the valves, just disconnect the wires and you’re good to go. I just wrapped them in electrical tape, and tucked and taped them behind the bumper to protect from any debris or water.
You’re gonna love it!
Thank you! Installed it this morning. Fortunately the Eisenmann clamps give about 1" of forgiveness if off a bit. It's LOUD! I coded ASD off and still with cold start it was on par with my straight piped GTR. I still have to play with aligning the tips some.

You wouldn't happen to be the same Mike from Obsessed Garage, would you? If so I'm a fan!