BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-31-2019, 02:45 PM   #23
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

she looks great

i like the clean look on the boot with no X5M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Took delivery of the car today. Couldn't be happier. Come on though, I am coming from a 2004 Nissan Maxima lol. I had a busy day at work so I only snapped two bad photos. More to come. Is there enough detail to see if you think springs and/or spacers would add anything? Even on 22s I am perfectly fine with the ride.

While considering springs/spacers, the only other mod I am doing for sure is black chrome front and rear roundels. And I got some black and gray vinyl overlays for the white and blue parts of the roundel.

My "dream" mod would be a set of Vossen HF-1s. Love the look on the F85.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #24
m5biemer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 911 targa, 911tt, x5m, x3mc

Congrats and enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #25
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

In case anyone is curious, here are the current mods and some planned ones:

As purchased:
black kidney grilles
black side grille vents (or whatever they are called)
black front reflector covers
black 22 inch wheels, savini of some sort, not sure exactly the style
I also had the seller remove the badge and tint the front windows, even though it's illegal in Missouri

Planned mods:
black chrome roundels trunk and hood, I am also going to do black and gray vinyl overlays to replace the white and blue respectively
Cell phone cradle delete
I have to add a front license plate though I got a no screw version that mounts via the "mesh" on the lower part of the bumper.

Considering:
Ceramic coating of some sort
Lowering springs - concerned about ride quality here since I am already on 22s. I think the ride is fine presently but wouldn't want it to be bouncy.
CarPlay retrofit - if I do this I am leaning towards the Avin option

I doubt I will get a tune. I also thought about spacers but it seems as though my tires are flush with the fenders. I definitely don't have an eye for all this just yet so maybe I am off base here.

I have done a little coding through BimmerCode.

Would love to hear any thoughts on recommended mods. Plz keep in mind I am not much on DIY as I just don't have the experience. I also have two small kids and prefer to give me free time to them when I can.

Loving the car though. Sure there is some turbo lag but tons of power. Older tech isn't so great but that's trivial compared to the driving experience.

I was torn between black and donnington gray but all the black on this one is pretty much ideal in my mind. I know not everyone feels that way lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #26
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:

As purchased:
black kidney grilles
I also had the seller remove the badge and tint the front windows, even though it's illegal in Missouri

Planned mods:
black chrome roundels trunk and hood, I am also going to do black and gray vinyl overlays to replace the white and blue respectively
Cell phone cradle delete
I have to add a front license plate though I got a no screw version that mounts via the "mesh" on the lower part of the bumper.

Considering:
Lowering springs - concerned about ride quality here since I am already on 22s. I think the ride is fine presently but wouldn't want it to be bouncy.

I doubt I will get a tune. I also thought about spacers but it seems as though my tires are flush with the fenders. I definitely don't have an eye for all this just yet so maybe I am off base here.

Would love to hear any thoughts on recommended mods. Plz keep in mind I am not much on DIY as I just don't have the experience. I also have two small kids and prefer to give me free time to them when I can.

Loving the car though. Sure there is some turbo lag but tons of power. Older tech isn't so great but that's trivial compared to the driving experience.

I was torn between black and donnington gray but all the black on this one is pretty much ideal in my mind. I know not everyone feels that way lol.

They look like Savini Di Forza BM9. I'm guessing there should be some stamp on the inside letting you know, but I've never run Savini wheels to know for sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 09:02 PM   #27
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Quote:

As purchased:
black kidney grilles

Planned mods:
Cell phone cradle delete

Considering:

it's a very enjoyable but expensive hobby. Enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2019, 04:14 PM   #28
Phara
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M F85 2018

Looks great. Like it on 22" wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #29
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Congrats! I take my cars to Chicane Motorsports for mods and maint. Are you going to tune it?
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #30
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

I am leaning towards no tune for the time being. I came from a car that was not sporty at all so the vehicle in stock form is plenty engaging, for now...

I have not heard of that place but will consider it. I am in Parkville so Gardner is a bit of a drive. Have you heard of 515 Motorsports in Liberty? I was thinking about using those guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #31
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Quote:
I am leaning towards no tune for the time being. I came from a car that was not sporty at all so the vehicle in stock form is plenty engaging, for now...

I have not heard of that place but will consider it. I am in Parkville so Gardner is a bit of a drive. Have you heard of 515 Motorsports in Liberty? I was thinking about using those guys.
Yea 515 is great shop also, the owner Paul used to be a BMW tech.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #32
KCTiger
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Yea 515 is great shop also, the owner Paul used to be a BMW tech.
I am thinking about installing coil overs. One place I was thinking about taking it is Tanner's Custom.

sly1types - do you have any experience with Tanner's? I am leaning towards Chicane but I know Tanner's has worked on some interesting rides as well.
Appreciate 0