BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

Driving stabilization message on a brand new car?

Hi folks, this is my first week in a new x6 and I get this message now almost every time I start driving. It goes away right after and no warning signs remained. What can be and should I bring it for service? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Nobody had this message pop out?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

That message is from a integrated control module that communicates to a numerous sensors and modules starting from chassis, suspension, steering, DSC, TC, DME, EGS etc. There may be literally several dozen reasons if not more. It usually pops up just as a precaution that system detected "something". That "something" could be as simple as a not warmed up temperature of engine, transmission, TC or maybe even shocks (if they have one) or it could be something more profound. It could be a momentarily higher rotational difference between front and rear tires (let's say your front wheel went over hump or something and wheel sensors detected a millisecond difference in rotational diameter that could potentially affect TC (transfer case). Or maybe even tpms sensors need to initialize before system will give it a green light. It could be hundred of reasons.

We all got that warning at one point or another. I can only tell you 2 things:
1. In general if message goes away after restarting a car and car drives fine (e.g. no rough idle or anything) then it's most probably nothing to worry.
2. Please invest in a descent bmw oriented scanner - error code reader. Otherwise you will never know what error messages you got. Those messages are only iDrive brief warnings, but you need to actually read error codes to know what really happened. Because trust me you will get such messages often and you won't like going for every little thing to a dealer (unless you have lots of free time).
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      07-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M Sport - G05

Garage List
Mine came on once after lightning struck nearby. It went away though and never returned.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

I would take it to the dealer... that’s what warrenty is for....
      07-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
Silververtu
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Take it to dealer if the car is still in warranty.

Gone but not forgotten:
2006 2.0T A4 Avant, 2007 Z4 Roadster 3.0si, 2006 M Roadster, 2013 550i M Sport, 2015 Cayman S, 2015 X5 50i M Sport
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      07-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #7
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
That message is from a integrated control module that communicates to a numerous sensors and modules starting from chassis, suspension, steering, DSC, TC, DME, EGS etc. There may be literally several dozen reasons if not more. It usually pops up just as a precaution that system detected "something". That "something" could be as simple as a not warmed up temperature of engine, transmission, TC or maybe even shocks (if they have one) or it could be something more profound. It could be a momentarily higher rotational difference between front and rear tires (let's say your front wheel went over hump or something and wheel sensors detected a millisecond difference in rotational diameter that could potentially affect TC (transfer case). Or maybe even tpms sensors need to initialize before system will give it a green light. It could be hundred of reasons.

We all got that warning at one point or another. I can only tell you 2 things:
1. In general if message goes away after restarting a car and car drives fine (e.g. no rough idle or anything) then it's most probably nothing to worry.
2. Please invest in a descent bmw oriented scanner - error code reader. Otherwise you will never know what error messages you got. Those messages are only iDrive brief warnings, but you need to actually read error codes to know what really happened. Because trust me you will get such messages often and you won't like going for every little thing to a dealer (unless you have lots of free time).
Wow, I really appreciate your extensive answer! And thanks for making me feel ok about that annoying message) I really don't have free time lately and don't want to make an appointment especially if the problem is not that serious.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2112.50
      07-20-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

This message pops out approximately once a day, seconds after I start driving, then goes away. I start my car 4-5 times a day.. tire pressure is all the same. The car is on warranty as its a brand new lease. I m saving some money for the mppk and mpe installed next month, so I will let them check this issue as well)
Appreciate 0