BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #221
JeanLuis
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 // '18 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoold2003 View Post
It does not include shipping. I assume that it will be around $25-30 but it could be different depending where you live. I'm going to be on a contract location for the next few months so I can't be shipping and receiving. We'll just have Joyeauto ship direct. Not sure why we'd have to pay for shipping twice??

Also, let's clean this up..

1. Guntherpdx
2. mrod81
3. -c-
4. eggyacid
5. DeeO
6. skoold2003 - IN
7. Amsterdave
8. Kakalika
9. leftbank
10. mrfochon
11. KCTiger
12. Googone20
13. bucawke - IN
14. beholder
15. TheVazha
16. Baxter3221 - IN
17. JeanLuis - IN
18. akitson - IN

I assume you were in JeanLuis ?

Yessir!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #222
beholder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328, 2015 X5 35i

Any idea if they will allow other nav units (CIC or NBT EVO) to the group buy? Or do all of these have to be for the NBT units only?

Have some friends that may be interested if we could expand
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #223
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholder View Post
Any idea if they will allow other nav units (CIC or NBT EVO) to the group buy? Or do all of these have to be for the NBT units only?

Have some friends that may be interested if we could expand
When we put together the E70 Unichip GB earlier this year, it was a mixed order of NBT, CCC, and CIC adapter kits. OTH, according to the Joyeauto website, it offers a wireless solution for CIC, NBT and EVO iDrive units. So you may be in luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #224
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d-MS & 2018 BMW X3 30i

Just to clarify, currently the 360 camera (and associated PDC button) is not functional on the Joyeauto while in CarPlay mode, correct?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 05:23 PM   #225
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdave View Post
Just to clarify, currently the 360 camera (and associated PDC button) is not functional on the Joyeauto while in CarPlay mode, correct?
We never did get confirmation on this!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 06:54 PM   #226
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
I think we were waiting to hear whether sbinshihon was able to get to the hidden menu with long pressing 4..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #227
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think we were waiting to hear whether sbinshihon was able to get to the hidden menu with long pressing 4..
I could not, its a different system... I tired to chnage some settings to show the PDC screen but that didnt work! " Auto PDC works the same as 360 when you approach something from the front"
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #228
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I could not, its a different system... I tired to chnage some settings to show the PDC screen but that didnt work! " Auto PDC works the same as 360 when you approach something from the front"
So PDC still comes on automatically when an obstacle is detected, and overrides the CarPlay screen?

What about when you select reverse gear? Does the back up camera pop up and stay active until you've driven ~20 meters or does it cut out immediately when you select the Drive gear?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #229
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So PDC still comes on automatically when an obstacle is detected, and overrides the CarPlay screen?

What about when you select reverse gear? Does the back up camera pop up and stay active until you've driven ~20 meters or does it cut out immediately when you select the Drive gear?
With PDC it works with sound, screen dose not flip. Rear camera works good... but it dose cut immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 10:04 PM   #230
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With PDC it works with sound, screen dose not flip. Rear camera works good... but it dose cut immediately.
Right.... so for those reasons I am holding out and wanting to wait to see if the Kremersino unit you have on order handles that better.

It may seem petty, but I park daily in a very tight downtown garage accessible through a narrow alley and the auto engaging 360 cam and properly functioning backup cam (that stays on during manoeuvring) are functions I'm not really eager to lose...
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #231
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
When we put together the E70 Unichip GB earlier this year, it was a mixed order of NBT, CCC, and CIC adapter kits. OTH, according to the Joyeauto website, it offers a wireless solution for CIC, NBT and EVO iDrive units. So you may be in luck.
I asked them and they said it wouldn't be a problem to mix different units in with the group buy. I'm waiting for them to tell me the cost of the other units on the group buy though.

Quote:
Right.... so for those reasons I am holding out and wanting to wait to see if the Kremersino unit you have on order handles that better.

It may seem petty, but I park daily in a very tight downtown garage accessible through a narrow alley and the auto engaging 360 cam and properly functioning backup cam (that stays on during manoeuvring) are functions I'm not really eager to lose...
I just got the X5 and I'm coming from my M3 which shuts off when I put it in drive. That isn't too important to me but the 360 working is. I'm pretty sure they told me that 360 works though.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 01:21 AM   #232
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Guntherpdx
2. mrod81
3. eggyacid
4. DeeO - IN
5. skoold2003 - IN
6. Amsterdave
7. Kakalika - IN
8. leftbank
9. mrfochon
10. KCTiger
11. Googone20
12. bucawke - IN
13. beholder - IN
14. TheVazha - IN
15. baxter3221
16. JeanLuis
17. AKitson - IN
18. BimmerTy - IN
19. Kzang - IN
      07-26-2019, 01:38 AM   #233
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
A little info on these units. It's as I suspected that the Joyeauto/Unique are different than the Kremersino. It reinforces wanting to get Joyeauto.. but Unique seems to be the legit reseller from the manufacturer (IDCORE). Buying from Unique might be a better investment since it would have support from IDCORE in the future. I'm not sure that will matter so maybe it's not worth the extra cost.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...546382&page=13
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 05:56 AM   #234
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I asked them and they said it wouldn't be a problem to mix different units in with the group buy. I'm waiting for them to tell me the cost of the other units on the group buy though.

Quote:

I just got the X5 and I'm coming from my M3 which shuts off when I put it in drive. That isn't too important to me but the 360 working is. I'm pretty sure they told me that 360 works though.
I believe the current feedback is that it doesn't work while in CarPlay on Joyeauto, the PDC button doesn't work while in CarPlay mode to bring it up, it only engages when car is put in reverse, at which point you can switch between rear only and 360 views, but then cuts out right away when put in drive.

The only one confirmed to have all this working so far seems to be Unichip, but that is wired only still I think.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #235
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I’m leaning towards a wired option to allow normal operability of 360 and PDC. I just don’t mind plugging in and plugging in is foolproof versus connecting wirelessly. I had a G05 loaner and even that had connectivity issues from time to time. Am I alone here or does anyone else want to explore a wired option?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #236
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
Hmm.. really would like to keep 360 and PDC fully functional.
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #237
beholder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328, 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerTy View Post
Hmm.. really would like to keep 360 and PDC fully functional.
Agree - Do we know if any of the units that were on the table for the group buy had working PDC / Top View Camera button?

If so i'd be willing to move to those from the JoyAuto solution even if it's a bit more $.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #238
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beholder View Post
Agree - Do we know if any of the units that were on the table for the group buy had working PDC / Top View Camera button?

If so i'd be willing to move to those from the JoyAuto solution even if it's a bit more $.
I don't think we know whether the IDCORE units work via PDC yet. I would think that it would work the same as the wired versions but who knows. What I do know is that wired or not these things won't be perfect. The wired unit in my M3 has plenty of frustrating things that almost make me not want to use it. As for a group buy, we can't mix wireless and wired because the wired (with supposedly better PDC) is from a different vendor. So make sure that if you're in on this group buy you understand that it's for the IDCORE version.. which for now is the Joyeauto units.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #239
Kakalika
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
I’m leaning towards a wired option to allow normal operability of 360 and PDC. I just don’t mind plugging in and plugging in is foolproof versus connecting wirelessly. I had a G05 loaner and even that had connectivity issues from time to time. Am I alone here or does anyone else want to explore a wired option?

I'm for the wired solution
      07-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #240
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
I don't think we know whether the IDCORE units work via PDC yet. I would think that it would work the same as the wired versions but who knows. What I do know is that wired or not these things won't be perfect. The wired unit in my M3 has plenty of frustrating things that almost make me not want to use it. As for a group buy, we can't mix wireless and wired because the wired (with supposedly better PDC) is from a different vendor. So make sure that if you're in on this group buy you understand that it's for the IDCORE version.. which for now is the Joyeauto units.
Care to expand on some of these? I THINK I have read most of the CarPlay threads but don't remember seeing your review of the wired version. My apologies if my memory is failing me.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #241
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Care to expand on some of these? I THINK I have read most of the CarPlay threads but don't remember seeing your review of the wired version. My apologies if my memory is failing me.
There is a huge thread on the Avin unit that I put in my M3

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...374452&page=68

The sound sucks but it is plugged in through the aux port. Joyeauto said that it's not done that way for NBT units. Also, the steering wheel fwd/back buttons don't work to change tracks. Siri doesn't engage with the steering wheel button, it just summons the crappy BMW assistant. As for the backup camera, I have an aftermarket one installed on the M3 and it comes on when the vehicle is in reverse. The biggest disappointment for me is that it's not wireless.. but i'm the type that doesn't like to take things (keys or phones) out of my pocket
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #242
Amsterdave
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Over in another thread, Bimmerpost member MrTookies posted this video showing PDC, backup and 360 cam working exactly as it should using the wired Unichip solution:

Appreciate 0