Today, 10:15 AM   #155
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
So - what is my recommended solution?

If Iran starts sinking ships or attacking U.S. assets, Trump can simply replay the ISIS strategy of selective off-and-on bombing. The U.S. did not lose a single pilot to enemy action.

Translated, that would mean disproportionately replying to each Iranian attack on a U.S. asset with a far more punishing air response against an Iranian base or port. The key would be to avoid the use of ground troops and yet not unleash a full-fledged air war. Rather, the U.S. would demonstrate to the world that Iranian aggression determines the degree to which Iran suffers blows from the U.S.

Just my thoughts.
Agree 100%. Trump is just waiting. Which IMHO is a good thing. I think some cruise missles would do the job. Question is will we take out theirj refineries. China has a lot of skin in the game. They have to be awful nervous. 20+ years of inaction by the world community and we have what we have.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent8700.00

Today, 10:17 AM   #156
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
So your saying we should do the exact same strategy that got us into Vietnam. I mean 100 percent exact. haha you guys are all nuts and in charge right now. We are doomed.
Quote:
The U.S. did not lose a single pilot to enemy action.

What is your proposed solution? Just whining about other peoples' solutions is not a solution.

Today, 10:22 AM   #157
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Comparing the Democratic War in 'Nam to the present crisis for a big lol. Don't worry the Dems are not in power now thank god. I have blocked messages from SoCal but unfortunately I see it in guoted messages.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:25 AM   #158
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
So your saying we should do the exact same strategy that got us into Vietnam. I mean 100 percent exact. haha you guys are all nuts and in charge right now. We are doomed.
Quote:
The U.S. did not lose a single pilot to enemy action.

What is your proposed solution? Just whining about other peoples' solutions is not a solution.

Yes pointing out an epic fail strategy is a solution!

Has there ever onc in history been a situation where you attack someone's bases and they don't fight back?? That arrogance was the same attitude to Vietnam and Iraq which were both disasters. And Iran is bigger and much stronger then both those countries and yo think it'll work now. you are believing the crazy republican hype

My solution is to stop flying drones over their country and they won't get shot at. Stop sending troops there and they won't be trigger happy would be even better. But you gonna tell me about crazy republican story that we fly drones over intl airspace most being their own bussiness for no reason maybee to take pictures of the beautiful dolphins in the Persian gulf. You guys are totally insane and need war all the time so yea we are doomed

For us older folk I seen the same thing a few times now. I ask myself why do I think they are our enemy? Is it cuz the media has been telling me that for a few years straight? The same way they did to us with Iraq and Vietnam?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:34 AM   #159
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Comparing the Democratic War in 'Nam to the present crisis for a big lol. Don't worry the Dems are not in power now thank god. I have blocked messages from SoCal but unfortunately I see it in guoted messages.
lol I thought liberals are ones who need safe space haha
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:36 AM   #160
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My solution is to stop flying drones over their country and they won't get shot at. Stop sending troops there and they won't be trigger happy would be even better.

Well..

1) We don't have any troops in Iran.

2) We are not flying drones over Iranian airspace.

3) I don't want a war with Iran. I have several Persian friends and the bulk of that country is full of amazing people. Iranian people aren't the problem, the fanatical religious leaders are. All war will do is hurt the people who have no beef with us.

4) You would be wise to read my previous posts in this thread, rather than just make assumptions, lest you become just another Kitesurfer.

5) See below for my comments on Iran:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=131
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...&postcount=136

6) So, once again, what solutions do you propose to avoid Iran starting a war with us?

Personally, I think adjusting sanctions would help. Sanctions in general just hurt the general population of a country, not the leaders that are causing the problems. Targeted sanctions at materials needed to build nuclear weapons is fine, but other stuff just makes life miserable for everyday folks, and that isn't cool.
      Today, 10:36 AM   #161
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [5.00]
its very clear they are all itching for a war, but they are all waiting who does what to attack first!

Yahoo article

Russian President Vladimir Putin is warning the U.S. against using force on Iran, saying it would have catastrophic consequences.

Tensions have been building up recently over last week's attacks on tankers near the Strait of Hormuz, assaults that Washington has blamed on Iran. Iran has denied the accusations.

Speaking on Thursday during a televised call-in show, Putin said the U.S. military action against Iran would be a "catastrophe for the region as a minimum."

Another article....

Trump says 'Iran made a very big mistake' in shooting down US military drone originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

In a major provocation, Iran shot down an unarmed and unmanned U.S. RQ-4A Global Hawk drone while it was flying in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday, U.S. Central Command confirmed in a statement.

President Donald Trump tweeted Thursday morning that "Iran made a very big mistake" after a top Iranian commander warned Iran was "ready for war."
Appreciate 1
Run Silent8700.00

Today, 10:38 AM   #162
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
its very clear they are all itching for a war, but they are all waiting who does what to attack first!

Yahoo article

Russian President Vladimir Putin is warning the U.S. against using force on Iran, saying it would have catastrophic consequences.

Tensions have been building up recently over last week's attacks on tankers near the Strait of Hormuz, assaults that Washington has blamed on Iran. Iran has denied the accusations.

Speaking on Thursday during a televised call-in show, Putin said the U.S. military action against Iran would be a "catastrophe for the region as a minimum."
This is all true. Nothing good will come from a full on war with Iran. Let us all pray this gets resolved quickly without bloodshed.

Today, 10:40 AM   #163
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

My solution is to stop flying drones over their country and they won't get shot at. Stop sending troops there and they won't be trigger happy would be even better.

Well..

1) We don't have any troops in Iran.

2) We are not flying drones over Iranian airspace.

3) I don't want a war with Iran. I have several Persian friends and the bulk of that country is full of amazing people. Iranian people aren't the problem, the fanatical religious leaders are. All war will do is hurt the people who have no beef with us.

4) You would be wise to read my previous posts in this thread, rather than just make assumptions, lest you become just another Kitesurfer.

5) See below for my comments on Iran:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...;postcount=131
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...;postcount=136

6) So, once again, what solutions do you propose to avoid Iran starting a war with us?

Personally, I think adjusting sanctions would help. Sanctions in general just hurt the general population of a country, not the leaders that are causing the problems. Targeted sanctions at materials needed to build nuclear weapons is fine, but other stuff just makes life miserable for everyday folks, and that isn't cool.
How do you know that we aren't flying drones over them? What do we use drones for us it to photograph the dolphins in the ocean? What was that drone doing? Also yesterday when this was first reporting the military denied it happened and said they have no lost drones. Only after the pictures were shown now they say it was over intl water.

Obviously they don't tell us the truth and they shouldn't tell us the truth but you have to be very gullible to believe they didn't fly over their country
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:45 AM   #164
OrcaPod
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 528i

A solution would force either Iran or USA to take compromises which neither is willing to take.

Iran's supreme leader is not that young and I'm really hoping that Mother Nature finally takes over before full-fledged conflict starts.
Appreciate 0