BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
decibeljoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Blindspot, Parking Camera issues

Just got a CPO X6 and im having inconsistent tech issues. The 3D parking view shows up like half the time when i park and the blindspot monitoring turns itself off when i re-start the car.
All the tech is great but id like to have these features work like they should.

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Would go back to dealer. CPO, right ?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Check the center button for the blind spot. The one under the hazard switch. Is it green or orange? IF it is not green - press it and see if it is set to on or not? It should remember your last setting. It's junk anyway - worst of any car I ever owned, but still should be on when you want it to be regardless.

So when your 3D does not show up - you mean when you are pulling into a spot? It has to be close enough for something to trigger it - like parking between 2 cars or something - is that what you mean?
      06-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #4
decibeljoe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfochon View Post
Would go back to dealer. CPO, right ?
yeah, CPO. Might do that yes. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 11:25 AM   #5
decibeljoe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Check the center button for the blind spot. The one under the hazard switch. Is it green or orange? IF it is not green - press it and see if it is set to on or not? It should remember your last setting. It's junk anyway - worst of any car I ever owned, but still should be on when you want it to be regardless.

So when your 3D does not show up - you mean when you are pulling into a spot? It has to be close enough for something to trigger it - like parking between 2 cars or something - is that what you mean?
The button is green and all the other features are on, only blindspot is off.

Yeah, pulling in to a parking spot between two cars, sometimes it comes up, sometimes it doesnt.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
LarryM4C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X6, 2015 M4 Convertible

It's all working as designed. Don't go back to the dealer. Jeez. RTFM, or better still, get free advice online from one of their geniuses. Its all included in new or CPO cars. I just got an X6 CPO myself.

As mentioned, the green button will allow you to configure the nannies. They seem to be set up for the previous owner. I spent some time removing residue from the previous owner including iDrive settings.
      06-30-2020, 12:44 PM   #7
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

If one system is off, the button is not green. Various systems acting on/off is a sign of faulty or discharged battery.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinP View Post
If one system is off, the button is not green. Various systems acting on/off is a sign of faulty or discharged battery.
Agree - I keep only my lane departure turned off (because it sucks) and it stays orange all the time. But my blind spot is turned on and always stays on without me turning it back on.

So when you say blind spot is "off" you mean the car tells you it is off? Or it is just not working as expected? I thought mine was broke for awhile before I just figured out it didn't work like every other car I ever owned and only came on in certain circumstances.

Some people say this way is better - but I think it is terrible. I don't trust it or use it - I trained myself not to even look for it. Far too many time people were there and it showed nothing because it did not trip their system their way.

To me if some one is in X spot - it should be lit - but BMW does not work like that.