BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #243
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

You know where the instructions say "Look for EDIABAS folder in your downloaded E-Sys,"

I don't have this folder in E-Sys installation.
      10-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #244
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
You know where the instructions say "Look for EDIABAS folder in your downloaded E-Sys,"

I don't have this folder in E-Sys installation.
That's an old instruction. You don't need EDIABAS anymore. It's just a diagnostic tool, and I have included the information about ESYS's own diagnostic/code clearing tool in the OP.
      10-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #245
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
That's an old instruction. You don't need EDIABAS anymore. It's just a diagnostic tool, and I have included the information about ESYS's own diagnostic/code clearing tool in the OP.
Thanks!
      10-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #246
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Thanks!
You're very welcome .
      10-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #247
ZAKSM3
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 M3, 15 X5 3.5d

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
2015 X5 35d  [5.00]
Coding Help

Anyone out there willing to code a few options for me when I receive my X5? I am located in Germany.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 04:53 AM   #248
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak76
Anyone out there willing to code a few options for me when I receive my X5? I am located in Germany.

Thanks
Sure thing. Once you setup everything as mentioned in OP we can help you over teamviewer
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #249
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak76

Thanks
Sure thing. Once you setup everything as mentioned in OP we can help you over teamviewer
Hangover, have you had a chance to code the GFHBA with the instructions I gave Opasha? I'm curious to see if it works and if I really need my entire SVT re flashed at the dealer.
      10-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #250
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Hangover, have you had a chance to code the GFHBA with the instructions I gave Opasha? I'm curious to see if it works and if I really need my entire SVT re flashed at the dealer.
Had a conversation today morning with @opasha

I didn't get my permanent tags yet temp tags are expired dealer's licensing department has an awesome woman who doesn't work at all ...

its a long story ... finally she sent the registration document last friday. talked to DMV today and they asked me to come in tomorrow and will be getting my tags over the counter.

i will be coding the features today and will do the test tomorrow night.. will post the results in a day or two.

any suggestions on how to test it?

i am planning on going in a 2 way local road with HBA on and it should do the splits. I will ask my wife to make the video for us to analyze it.

sorry for the delay .. having the car but no tags kind of sucks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #251
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Had a conversation today morning with @opasha

I didn't get my permanent tags yet temp tags are expired dealer's licensing department has an awesome woman who doesn't work at all ...

its a long story ... finally she sent the registration document last friday. talked to DMV today and they asked me to come in tomorrow and will be getting my tags over the counter.

i will be coding the features today and will do the test tomorrow night.. will post the results in a day or two.

any suggestions on how to test it?

i am planning on going in a 2 way local road with HBA on and it should do the splits. I will ask my wife to make the video for us to analyze it.

sorry for the delay .. having the car but no tags kind of sucks
"Has an awesome woman that doesn't work at all"
      10-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #252
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Mac / Macintosh Installation

More Mac guidance using VMware (vs Bootcamp) to replicate Windows on the 6th PDF linked here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=654990

Sorry, @Opasha for throwing this in there, but it can possible go in the first page with other Mac instructions.
      10-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #253
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
More Mac guidance using VMware (vs Bootcamp) to replicate Windows on the 6th PDF linked here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=654990

Sorry, @Opasha for throwing this in there, but it can possible go in the first page with other Mac instructions.
Sure can. No need to ever apologize for helpful information, buddy. Thanks .

Just added it to the OP.
      10-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #254
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Thread updated with F15 coders by location that you can contact. PM me if you would like to help and be on this list. Thank you .
      10-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #255
simplemind38
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Just got my first lesson in coding thanks to Hang0ver, had a whirl-wind training session (where most of the info has already left ) but had a few questions:

1) we coded the variable light distribution (correct me if I am wrong Hang0ver) and when I turn the steering wheel to the right, the lights follow the input of the steering wheel and turn, but the headlights do not do that when I turn the wheel to the left. Is that normal? or did I forget to code something other than KAFAS2, BDC_BODY, LHM, and TMS??

(I hope I have all that typed down correctly)

2) For some reason the KAFAS2 folder would show up sometimes, but then we would go and look for it, and it was not there. Had to disconnect and then re-connect to have the folder show up again. Is that due to some kind of timeout?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #256
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind38 View Post
Just got my first lesson in coding thanks to Hang0ver, had a whirl-wind training session (where most of the info has already left ) but had a few questions:

1) we coded the variable light distribution (correct me if I am wrong Hang0ver) and when I turn the steering wheel to the right, the lights follow the input of the steering wheel and turn, but the headlights do not do that when I turn the wheel to the left. Is that normal? or did I forget to code something other than KAFAS2, BDC_BODY, LHM, and TMS??

2) For some reason the KAFAS2 folder would show up sometimes, but then we would go and look for it, and it was not there. Had to disconnect and then re-connect to have the folder show up again. Is that due to some kind of timeout?

Thanks!
Congrats on getting your car coded. @Hang0ver, good job buddy .

1) Yes, that is normal. They operate at a set MPH.

2) Under what conditions does it appear and disappear - is it before you enter your PIN in or after where it appears or disappears. More details will help.
      10-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #257
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Quote:

Thanks!

2) Under what conditions does it appear and disappear - is it before you enter your PIN in or after where it appears or disappears. More details will help.
It's happening when we read ecu

That's pretty weird.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #258
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
It's happening when we read ecu

That's pretty weird.
Ok, so it's there before you READ ECU? Or after you READ ECU?
      10-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #259
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, so it's there before you READ ECU? Or after you READ ECU?
Right after connecting its there. After VO coding it disappeared. When we reconnected it came back again.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #260
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
Right after connecting its there. After VO coding it disappeared. When we reconnected it came back again.
Here's what I'm thinking. After you VO Code...things go back to factory settings right? I think the KAFAS camera take a bit longer to restart whenever you change anything with it, so the system probably does not read it immediately as it's restarting (therefore, disappears). That makes the most sense.
      10-11-2014, 07:21 PM   #261
simplemind38
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post

Thanks Opasha! Hang0ver was awesome!

I also should have mentioned, this was just sitting stationary in the friendly confines of my garage (so I could see the headlights move ) so I have not tested the left side at speed yet. But as long as it's acting normal... whew!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #262
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Opasha! Hang0ver was awesome!

I also should have mentioned, this was just sitting stationary in the friendly confines of my garage (so I could see the headlights move ) so I have not tested the left side at speed yet. But as long as it's acting normal... whew!
You're very welcome. We're always happy to help. If you can't ever reach @Hang0ver for whatever reason, feel free to contact me or any other coder I've listed in the OP.

I do all my coding in my garage as well with AC Power on usually. If it gets really hot in my garage/car from the weather or I need to code A LOT of things at once, I turn my engine on so that the battery is not affected.

Last edited by opasha; 10-11-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #263
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Ok, @skalberti just finished testing his car after converting his CAFD all to Euro spec CAFD files (thanks to @shawnsheridan), and he found that the Anti-Dazzle (GFHBA) is not codeable for any non-Euro vehicle. It appears that we don't have the HARDWARE (the headlights for the Euro cars seem to have a different part number and have a specific module that deals with the Anti-Dazzle feature). It seems that the biggest issue that we have been facing is the blinding of the driver ahead of you. As you have seen in @CatFlap's video who has the European headlights, a black shadow box is created around the vehicle in front of you to avoid blinding them when the high beams are engaged. From the members that have tested on their US LED cars, that box is non-existent, therefore blinding the front person. It seems we're out of ideas. Anyone who knows coding and has an LED car tested correctly, please post a video or comment if you have this black shadow box. Thanks.
      10-12-2014, 01:21 AM   #264
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Ok, @skalberti just finished testing his car after converting his CAFD all to Euro spec CAFD files (thanks to @shawnsheridan), and he found that the Anti-Dazzle (GFHBA) is not codeable for any non-Euro vehicle. It appears that we don't have the HARDWARE (the headlights for the Euro cars seem to have a different part number and have a specific module that deals with the Anti-Dazzle feature). It seems that the biggest issue that we have been facing is the blinding of the driver ahead of you. As you have seen in @CatFlap's video who has the European headlights, a black shadow box is created around the vehicle in front of you to avoid blinding them when the high beams are engaged. From the members that have tested on their US LED cars, that box is non-existent, therefore blinding the front person. It seems we're out of ideas. Anyone who knows coding and has an LED car tested correctly, please post a video or comment if you have this black shadow box. Thanks.
Appreciate 0