BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #221
ruggedcanadians
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2018 M2, 2020 M5CS

Yes, car running while coding was executed. It all looks good, and does what it is supposed to, except actually work!

It even reads the items I switched as ?active? when I rescan the ECU?s.
      07-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #222
sigx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedcanadians View Post
Yes, car running while coding was executed. It all looks good, and does what it is supposed to, except actually work!

It even reads the items I switched as ?active? when I rescan the ECU?s.
What's you communication setting? You have to select slow communication, it is under setting manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #223
ruggedcanadians
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M, 2018 M2, 2020 M5CS

I have it set to slow communication
      07-25-2017, 06:32 PM   #224
nicros
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive50i

Any way to reprogram the buttons on the M Steering wheel on a 2017 X5? I would like to change the +/- from volume to next or previous track, and the spinner between them to volume...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #225
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicros View Post
Any way to reprogram the buttons on the M Steering wheel on a 2017 X5? I would like to change the +/- from volume to next or previous track, and the spinner between them to volume...

Thanks!
Why would you want to do this when the spinner allows you to change tracks by scrolling up or down and clicking to select previous/ next track? Better yet the HUD should show the previous/next entries so you know what you're selecting...!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #226
nicros
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Why would you want to do this when the spinner allows you to change tracks by scrolling up or down and clicking to select previous/ next track? Better yet the HUD should show the previous/next entries so you know what you're selecting...!
Because a) the HUD doesn't work during the day with my polarized sunglasses, and b) the scroll and select requires you look at what you are selecting as opposed to a single click 'gimme next track' without looking.

This is how it worked in the Q5 and it was something I got used to. Might have to get unused to it, but still would like to know if I can program the wheel to do what I want and then choose what I like best
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #227
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Because a) the HUD doesn't work during the day with my polarized sunglasses, and b) the scroll and select requires you look at what you are selecting as opposed to a single click 'gimme next track' without looking.

This is how it worked in the Q5 and it was something I got used to. Might have to get unused to it, but still would like to know if I can program the wheel to do what I want and then choose what I like best
I doubt coding the buttons is possible. But you're better off scrolling the wheel up one click and pressing it.

Oh and there's also physical buttons on the dash. Look above the FM/AM button.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #228
wjdunn3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i

Startup in Sport Mode

Maybe I just missed this and it always been there, but I was browsing through the latest BimmerCode app seeing if there was something else I wanted to code. I saw in BDC options for Start in Sport Mode, and some others options for comfort/eco as well as saving driving mode at shut down. So I coded to start in Sport by default. It did not work though. Later when browsing through the other ECU's I found the same settings in ICM (integrated chassis mgmt) so I set them the same as I had in BDC and coded... Viola now my X5 starts up with Sport mode active as the default, instead of Comfort.
Appreciate 1
scostu1619.50
      07-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #229
Captain comic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Sorry for off topic maybe, but I have a Gen.II Carly App for BMW (it says it has F series code ability as well). Can I use it on F15?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #230
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdunn3 View Post
Maybe I just missed this and it always been there, but I was browsing through the latest BimmerCode app seeing if there was something else I wanted to code. I saw in BDC options for Start in Sport Mode, and some others options for comfort/eco as well as saving driving mode at shut down. So I coded to start in Sport by default. It did not work though. Later when browsing through the other ECU's I found the same settings in ICM (integrated chassis mgmt) so I set them the same as I had in BDC and coded... Viola now my X5 starts up with Sport mode active as the default, instead of Comfort.
Nice find!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 10:57 AM   #231
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Hi. I just bought the Bimmercode app and was successful coding everything I wanted except for the ability to have ALL doors auto-unlock when the ignition is turned off (or even if driver door is opened would be fine). Wife wants to be able to pull her pocketbook out of back seat when she gets out without having to manually unlock every time.

I searched around and the one code in expert mode some people mention, perhaps not for the X5, I can't find in there. Not sure if it is named something different for the F15 X5 (ours is 2015 MY).

Any guidance on what the exact option name is and what to set it to if something besides the active/inactive options.

Very much appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #232
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Hi. I just bought the Bimmercode app and was successful coding everything I wanted except for the ability to have ALL doors auto-unlock when the ignition is turned off (or even if driver door is opened would be fine). Wife wants to be able to pull her pocketbook out of back seat when she gets out without having to manually unlock every time.

I searched around and the one code in expert mode some people mention, perhaps not for the X5, I can't find in there. Not sure if it is named something different for the F15 X5 (ours is 2015 MY).

Any guidance on what the exact option name is and what to set it to if something besides the active/inactive options.

Very much appreciated. Thanks!
Line 59/60.
Appreciate 1
mvigod179.50
      07-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #233
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Thanks, I just tried this. It was set to active so I just flipped it to non-active thinking the opposite would make it work possibly. Tested it out. Drove car away and let doors auto lock. Parked and shut off ignition. All other doors remained locked. Wonder if there is another setting that also must be enabled for this to work? The HUD setting is set to unlock all doors but not sure that is relevant to the auto unlock when ignition is shut off.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #234
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I just tried this. It was set to active so I just flipped it to non-active thinking the opposite would make it work possibly. Tested it out. Drove car away and let doors auto lock. Parked and shut off ignition. All other doors remained locked. Wonder if there is another setting that also must be enabled for this to work? The HUD setting is set to unlock all doors but not sure that is relevant to the auto unlock when ignition is shut off.
That should have worked. You can also configure through IDrive to disable doors locking when drive away.
Appreciate 1
mvigod179.50
      07-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #235
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That should have worked. You can also configure through IDrive to disable doors locking when drive away.
Yes I would have thought that would have worked as well. Do you think the proper setting to have it unlock when ignition turned off is Active or Non Active setting?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #236
wjdunn3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i

Quote:
There is a vehicle setting in iDrive that toggles between unlocking only the driver door or all doors. I'm not in my car so I can't tell you exactly where but it is under setting somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #237
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes I would have thought that would have worked as well. Do you think the proper setting to have it unlock when ignition turned off is Active or Non Active setting?
CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING: nur_nach_v_verriegeln

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdunn3 View Post
There is a vehicle setting in iDrive that toggles between unlocking only the driver door or all doors. I'm not in my car so I can't tell you exactly where but it is under setting somewhere.
I am aware of setting, though I do not like my doors unlocking when engine stops or all doors so I leave unchecked. If I want to unlock rear or passenger doors, I use CA and touch rear driver's side door.
Appreciate 1
mvigod179.50
      07-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #238
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING: nur_nach_v_verriegeln

I am aware of setting, though I do not like my doors unlocking when engine stops or all doors so I leave unchecked. If I want to unlock rear or passenger doors, I use CA and touch rear driver's side door.
Okay maybe that is the problem. Did not have it set to nur_nach_v_verriegeln

Side question. Every time I code I notice various errors in the info and memory sections within Bimmerlink app. Is this normal after each coding? I have just been clearing all the errors after each code session with Bimmerlink. Just checking if this is normal and same procedure everyone typically follows.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #239
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Okay maybe that is the problem. Did not have it set to nur_nach_v_verriegeln

Side question. Every time I code I notice various errors in the info and memory sections within Bimmerlink app. Is this normal after each coding? I have just been clearing all the errors after each code session with Bimmerlink. Just checking if this is normal and same procedure everyone typically follows.

thanks
If you set to aktiv, then it will only auto-unlock if auto-locked. If "nur_nach_v_verriegeln," it should auto-unlock if manually or auto-locked with driving away.

I have only always used E-sys, so not sure about BimmerCode/Bimmerlink. But, false positive errors are common when coding certain ECU's, especially those that involve Drivetrain and safety functions (eg, ASCM, DSC, ICM, etc).
Appreciate 1
mvigod179.50
      07-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #240
nicros
Enlisted Member
Rep

I was playing around with this app today with my X5... I thought there was a way to show digital MPH on one of the two screens... but the settings I chose (Digital Speed in Board Computer) didn't work.

Do I need to do something else?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #241
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I was playing around with this app today with my X5... I thought there was a way to show digital MPH on one of the two screens... but the settings I chose (Digital Speed in Board Computer) didn't work.

Do I need to do something else?
B.C. is the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. You have to cycle through available choices to find digital speed. Personally, I find it useless on my car as I have HUD.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #242
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
B.C. is the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. You have to cycle through available choices to find digital speed. Personally, I find it useless on my car as I have HUD.
A little OT, but out of curiosity can the road speed limit be coded to the HUD (driver assist) even though you do not have drivers assist plus which displays the road speed limit?
Appreciate 0