BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #67
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

I believe Kw does make a full coilover for the f15 chassis without edc. That would mean a full conversion on our cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTEPRO View Post
I'm sure that's what I'll end up doing. I'm a KW dealer so I get a pretty good price on them. I just wish there was a way to bring the rear spring rate up to where it should be.
The car will never handle as well as it could with the rear spring rate being so much softer than the front.
It's the best we can do until someone designs a true coilover for the rear. Unfortunately that will never happen due the low demand.
If we could still utilize the air bag and have a light spring on the shock to make up the difference, that would also work.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #68
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
This is why the kw is a better option. Full shock replacement. The stock shock is too long and if you are slammed it’s going to bottom out without a proper shock to accompany the height.

I had a similar issue when I first lowered with HR Spring setup. It was the worst and unsafe ride ever. The VTf rear setup is pretty much the same. I had the rear height level with the front which was pretty low. Never liked the rake look. But after experiencing unsafe ride quality I raised the rear which made things more tolerable

Ended going with KW and couldn’t be happier.
Yea, I guess it depends what your looking for. If you do modest drop in the rear and a pretty aggressive drop in the front and go for the rake look then you'll ride stock comfort with less body roll. If you need that slammed look then the VTFs are NOT what your looking for. When i test drove at max drop in the back I was not happy with the bounciness and didn't like the look of the truck, looked like a minivan. I raised the back and went for another drive and now it's perfect, i could drop it a little more and keep testing the ride quality but to be honest it looks great and drives perfect.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #69
x6m_bxny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejamm_x5m View Post
🏆

Love this
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #70
notyourdadsf86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Garage List
2016 BMW X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Here's mine done and settled, rides like stock, bump stops untouched at this height. Also included a stock for a comparo.
Do you have numbers for your drop?