07-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #837
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
My C7Z can turn 10 heads in 5 minutes just me leaving my house to get gas 3 blocks away. It's just an old ass C7.
LMAO, 'an old ass C7' ! when it gets as old as my old girl perhaps it will really turn some heads !
Attached Images

swanson733.00
      07-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #838
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikado463 View Post
LMAO, 'an old ass C7' ! when it gets as old as my old girl perhaps it will really turn some heads !
People like new stuff. Most don’t even know a c8 corvette exists. The c7 is aging very well it being almost a decade since it was announced/debuted.

My friends c6z still turns heads but his car is lowered with wheels with a big cam so that gets everyone attention.

Corvettes in general turns heads no matter what.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:58 PM   #839
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Quote:
Corvettes in general turns heads no matter what.
Pretty sure any car that's lower than their SUV's windows will turn heads.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
AlexFL7842.50
      07-22-2022, 04:21 PM   #840
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakystyly View Post
My friends GTR doesn’t and his is slammed too. Idk.

Corvettes just have that appeal I guess.
Appreciate 2
swanson733.00
      07-22-2022, 04:56 PM   #841
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Not gonna lie, GTRs look like Mitsubishi Lancers except fatter. (from the front)
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2329.50
      07-22-2022, 04:57 PM   #842
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
My friends GTR doesn’t and his is slammed too. Idk.

Corvettes just have that appeal I guess.
Lol. So now a Vette gets more attention than a GTR? Making sure I read that right. I take my brothers GTR out at least twice a week. That car gets more attention than anything I have ever had or driven. Vettes are like Mustangs. You can drive 5 minutes around me and not see 3 of each. Dude. You get the gold metal of nut swinging for these Vettes. They are in my top 3 of destroying when and am in the GTR. Mustangs, Vettes and any Dodge turd out there. Everyone puts some headers and exhaust on these American cars and think they are fast. It's fun rolling them in the junk Nissan
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
Autobacs1379.50
      07-22-2022, 05:50 PM   #843
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Lol. So now a Vette gets more attention than a GTR? Making sure I read that right. I take my brothers GTR out at least twice a week. That car gets more attention than anything I have ever had or driven. Vettes are like Mustangs. You can drive 5 minutes around me and not see 3 of each. Dude. You get the gold metal of nut swinging for these Vettes. They are in my top 3 of destroying when and am in the GTR. Mustangs, Vettes and any Dodge turd out there. Everyone puts some headers and exhaust on these American cars and think they are fast. It's fun rolling them in the junk Nissan
It absolutely does.

I speak from experience from many years of owning corvettes. My friend who has a GTR came from a C7. He only owned his C7, which was a stingray, not even a widebody, for about 2 years and he said he has gotten compliments and stares everywhere he went. When he got his GTR, the only attention he got was from car dudes. Because we car guys know what a GTR is and what it's capable of.

Has nothing to do with modifications so you're going off topic. I said attention grabbers. A GTR isn't pulling the attention a modern day corvette would, especially widebody C6/C7 and with the C8 stingray out now and when the C8Z arrives? Forget it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 05:54 PM   #844
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not gonna lie, GTRs look like Mitsubishi Lancers except fatter. (from the front)
When the GTR first came out, dudes in G35's were doing the GTR front bumper conversions to it LOL.

It's an insane car performance wise. But i think with the M x-drives out now, i think that's a "better" platform. And you have luxury too.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 06:37 PM   #845
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It absolutely does.

I speak from experience from many years of owning corvettes. My friend who has a GTR came from a C7. He only owned his C7, which was a stingray, not even a widebody, for about 2 years and he said he has gotten compliments and stares everywhere he went. When he got his GTR, the only attention he got was from car dudes. Because we car guys know what a GTR is and what it's capable of.

Has nothing to do with modifications so you're going off topic. I said attention grabbers. A GTR isn't pulling the attention a modern day corvette would, especially widebody C6/C7 and with the C8 stingray out now and when the C8Z arrives? Forget it.
It's ok. We can disagree. Luckily I only see the front ends of them in the rear view. Not trying to hate. I have 3 deposits down on the new one. But I can honestly say, I hate the fucking rear end. It's an abomination. Can't believe a group of GM people could sit in a room and say, yup , that's the rear and we like it 😳🔫. If I get one someday, I will be looking for Rocket Bunny rear and wing. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 06:53 PM   #846
Higgs Boson
In the Details
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2020 AMG GTR  [0.00]
2022 R8 Quattro Spyder  [0.00]
2023 X5M50  [0.00]
2023 718 Spyder  [0.00]
2024 Silverado  [0.00]
2024 Civic Type R  [0.00]
Quote:
It's ok. We can disagree. Luckily I only see the front ends of them in the rear view. Not trying to hate. I have 3 deposits down on the new one. But I can honestly say, I hate the fucking rear end. It's an abomination. Can't believe a group of GM people could sit in a room and say, yup , that's the rear and we like it 😳🔫. If I get one someday, I will be looking for Rocket Bunny rear and wing. Lol.
I'm glad it looks different. I want all cars to look different. if they were all beautiful to me then they would probably all look the same and appeal to even less people.

so I try to find things I can appreciate in car designs and understand what the designers and engineers were trying to accomplish so I can enjoy them all for different reasons.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:00 PM   #847
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Quote:
I'm glad it looks different. I want all cars to look different. if they were all beautiful to me then they would probably all look the same and appeal to even less people.

so I try to find things I can appreciate in car designs and understand what the designers and engineers were trying to accomplish so I can enjoy them all for different reasons.
You and me both. I like pretty much all the rest of the new Vette. Just my opinion but that back is a total shit show. Must have been a Friday of a long weekend decision. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:27 AM   #848
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's ok. We can disagree. Luckily I only see the front ends of them in the rear view. Not trying to hate. I have 3 deposits down on the new one. But I can honestly say, I hate the fucking rear end. It's an abomination. Can't believe a group of GM people could sit in a room and say, yup , that's the rear and we like it ����. If I get one someday, I will be looking for Rocket Bunny rear and wing. Lol.
The C8Z rear flows much better than the stingray in terms of the rear vents, the exhaust and how the rear tail lights are more "integrated" into the rear, because of the wide rear flares. It looks proper that way. I do agree the stingray does look a bit off, but that's where GM cleaned up the look with the z06.

We can't say it's an abomination when we're driving M cars. The G8x series cars are UGLY.

The reason why i got the M3, was because it looked a ton better than the M4. But make no mistake, these cars are horrendous. No one bats an eye when i drive my M3 but my old ass C7 still has people pulling out their camera phone. I expect to get even more attention when both my C8's arrive.
Appreciate 1
      07-23-2022, 05:29 AM   #849
kshivanya
Registered
India
Rep
Drives: kia

data science training in bhubaneshwar

As you know, in machine learning, the computers are trained to perform the task by themselves, so it has reduced multiple issues when working with traditional techniques.data science training in bhubaneshwar
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 05:31 AM   #850
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

Even with the price hike, no one is getting a brand new car with that performance and it's looks, period.

GM knocked it out of the park with the stingray, and they did it again with the z06.

And they'll drop jaws once again when they announce the ERAY. I watched that video of the ERAY mule around the ring and it actually moves very good. An AWD hybrid V8 widebody C8? lol GM is spoiling everyone.

What a time to finally become a corvette fan
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 09:37 AM   #851
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
What a time to finally become a corvette fan
Just in time for GM to ignore the whole point of the Vette for years and jack it up in price thinking they are not selling a Chevy. Yea, great time
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #852
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Depends on what Vette. a Base model? Sure. A C7 ZR1 for example? Yea, good luck with that GTR attention whore...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 10:01 AM   #853
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Just in time for GM to ignore the whole point of the Vette for years and jack it up in price thinking they are not selling a Chevy. Yea, great time
They didn't jack anything.

All cars got price increases. Had they debuted this car a year or 2 ago, i honestly think it would be around 92k anyway.

We should thank inflation.

It was the wrong time to introduce a car like this. The NA engine was supposed to be in the C7Z but the GM bankruptcy caused GM to botch the C7Z last second and stuffed a tiny ass blower with inefficient cooling to the car and sold it to the public. Great street car, not so good track car. And people do want to track their z06's. Now they can with the C8Z.

It's 106k starting price, not 160k. If people were ready to spend 92k on a C8Z, they still could at 106k. You don't need a 2LZ trim for this car unless you're doing it for better resale purposes.

Oh and GM will still sell every z06 they make, at 106-150k.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:20 AM   #854
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Depends on what Vette. a Base model? Sure. A C7 ZR1 for example? Yea, good luck with that GTR attention whore...
Just don't see how people would get excited for something that you see EVErYDAY!! To think someone is pulling out a phone to take a pic of a C7 anything is comical to me. Maybe if you live in West Virginia with a town population of 500. Living in the NE, again it's like seeing a Mustang🤮.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      07-23-2022, 11:23 AM   #855
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm talking about the GTR I drive. ZR-1 is not worth my time gas or risk of getting caught to race. Lol. That's a lie. I would hammer him just for spite. Stock for stock, sure the ZR-1 would win. But who drives a stock anything?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:26 AM   #856
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Just don't see how people would get excited for something that you see EVErYDAY!! To think someone is pulling out a phone to take a pic of a C7 anything is comical to me. Maybe if you live in West Virginia with a town population of 500. Living in the NE, again it's like seeing a Mustang🤮.
No one pulls out their phone to take a picture of a car anymore. You don’t have to wait for a magazine or rare in person sighting anymore. Internet.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #857
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's ok. We can disagree. Luckily I only see the front ends of them in the rear view. Not trying to hate. I have 3 deposits down on the new one. But I can honestly say, I hate the fucking rear end. It's an abomination. Can't believe a group of GM people could sit in a room and say, yup , that's the rear and we like it ����. If I get one someday, I will be looking for Rocket Bunny rear and wing. Lol.
The C8Z rear flows much better than the stingray in terms of the rear vents, the exhaust and how the rear tail lights are more "integrated" into the rear, because of the wide rear flares. It looks proper that way. I do agree the stingray does look a bit off, but that's where GM cleaned up the look with the z06.

We can't say it's an abomination when we're driving M cars. The G8x series cars are UGLY.

The reason why i got the M3, was because it looked a ton better than the M4. But make no mistake, these cars are horrendous. No one bats an eye when i drive my M3 but my old ass C7 still has people pulling out their camera phone. I expect to get even more attention when both my C8's arrive.
I agree. I'm not the biggest fan of the new front. It's growing on me but I feel they definitely could have done a bit better. It's not as bad as the ass on the. Eggs though in my opinion. What's worse with the Bette is, the rest of the car looks so damn good and then the back is just a fucking train wreck. It's like having a chick with the perfect titties, great smile, long legs and then she turns around and her ass is flatter than a pancake🤪. So disappointing. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:32 AM   #858
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

We'll know when the price is too high for anything when it's not selling. The Z06 being in backorder for years is evidence that it is probably underpriced. Dealers adding market adjustments provides further evidence.
Appreciate 0