BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-29-2016, 04:18 PM   #23
ejpeiker
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6

They ended up replacing the camera and re-flashing the electronics in the car. Everything seems to be working well now although I did have to completely reset every single customization in the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 07:18 AM   #24
Bescacho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 X-Drive

Hi reviving an old post.

The rear camera stopped working on my 2014 x5 and the iDrive screen shows "rear camera malfunction".

If I install a new rear camera, does it require coding for thr new camera to work? Or would it work immediately without any coding?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2023, 09:09 AM   #25
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bescacho View Post
Hi reviving an old post.

The rear camera stopped working on my 2014 x5 and the iDrive screen shows "rear camera malfunction".

If I install a new rear camera, does it require coding for thr new camera to work? Or would it work immediately without any coding?

Thanks in advance
If it's the same exact part number you can swap it directly and it'll work. Best be sure of what camera it really is because depending on your trim, I believe there are two different camera part numbers. (one for the surround view option, and one for just the backup camera)

I've done this on mine (2015 X5)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 04:45 PM   #26
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Glad to have found this thread.
I have the same issue in mine. A BMW consultant looked an it and ran a diagnostic.
All he could found was Module Offline.
I have no clue how to find the root cause here.
Surely some coding was done.
Front light replaced with euro version on US car where PIN is different. BDC Pin adapted to allow high beam signal to front light. Plus coding added for region and else.
Back light replaced with euro ones with wire adapting taking the 3rd light stop signal to the plugs on both sides
Have a carplay box

Who knows where is that faulting

If you have have any clue or direction I ll be happy to give it a try.

Beside that all is good 😊
Appreciate 0