That should work. Maybe do a reset by holding the back button a few seconds
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #993
Meehow
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F15 X5 Msport

Andream unit not loading carplay

I received my Andream unit a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to get it installed. Installation went smooth, tight but smooth. Have everything hooked up-iDrive boots up and I get the regular splash screen.
Issue is when I go to switch to carplay - I see a slight flicker of the screen (like the carplay is being displayed in an invalid mode) and screen goes dark. I can see the carplay module active on my phone - hitting “menu” brings me back to iDrive. I tried the extended hold “back” with same results. Checked all the connectors as well.

Anyone experience anything similar?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 08:18 PM   #994
IlliniX5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Anyone lose volume on their Andream units? I use to have it, but have recently lost audio. Spotify loads, the track is playing, but no audio. Also, is there a volume level indicator like on the factory radio unit. I can’t recall ever having that.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 11:44 PM   #995
skoold2003
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport, M3(sold)

Garage List
2014 X5 50i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniX5 View Post
Anyone lose volume on their Andream units? I use to have it, but have recently lost audio. Spotify loads, the track is playing, but no audio. Also, is there a volume level indicator like on the factory radio unit. I can’t recall ever having that.
I had the left speakers cracking and going out. Contacted andream about their "year warranty" and they were useless. Ended up taking the unit out and plugging it back in again. It has been fine since so maybe it was just a bad connection.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 11:42 AM   #996
IlliniX5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoold2003 View Post
I had the left speakers cracking and going out. Contacted andream about their "year warranty" and they were useless. Ended up taking the unit out and plugging it back in again. It has been fine since so maybe it was just a bad connection.
That’s probably where I’m headed.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 10:34 PM   #997
vanoff
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Andream CarPlay and AirPlay do not work with ignition OFF.

Just installed Andream unit in my 2014 X5. iPhone screen mirroring works fine with car ignition ON and OFF, but CarPlay and AirPlay only work with ignition ON. When I choose CarPlay in Andream menu with ignition OFF it shows CarPlay logo in top left corner of BMW screen for one second and goes away. Is that normal, or CarPlay has to work with the ignition OFF just like screen mirroring?

Last edited by vanoff; 01-29-2021 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #998
yany007
Rep
Drives: XDRIVE50I

Toggle combo?

I am one of the early user of Joyeauto. I has been doing as it was supposed to. Lately the screen has been flicking after using for extensive time. I thought it might be due to overheating as the unit was pushed all the way in that tight compartment. So I took it out and it is working. However I am losing the backup camera. When I put on reverse, I got blank screen. I am also losing the front camera that used to be working fine. I am not sure if the unit has been damaged during my reinstallation or maybe those toggle combo (8 numbers) was messed up.

Does anybody experience the similar issue? Does anybody know the password to joyeauto website so I can download the manual?

It is really frustrating that I am trying to reinstall but only uninstall some features that used to be working perfectly. I had to remove the joyeauto unit completely and the BMW original screen and setup and the camera is working fine. I am just not using carplay.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 09:07 AM   #999
DG2K1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i

WAKAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maDjzo View Post
https://wakaa.us/collections/wireles...32001423966253

NBT ID4 I'm assuming is what you need? Whats your model year?

maDjzo - you’re the only one i can see on Bimmerpost that references this WAKAA unit. I ordered it last night and then cancelled my order to do some more research. Did you end up installing it? How did it work out? Is it just a rebranded version of a cheaper unit?

I just cracked my OEM screen and am trying to decide between replacing the stock screen and adding MMI box or getting a touchscreen.

2014 X5 xDrive35i. I have the backup camera but no front cam.

TIA!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 08:54 PM   #1000
maDjzo
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: G30

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG2K1 View Post
maDjzo - you’re the only one i can see on Bimmerpost that references this WAKAA unit. I ordered it last night and then cancelled my order to do some more research. Did you end up installing it? How did it work out? Is it just a rebranded version of a cheaper unit?

I just cracked my OEM screen and am trying to decide between replacing the stock screen and adding MMI box or getting a touchscreen.

2014 X5 xDrive35i. I have the backup camera but no front cam.

TIA!
Wow been a while lol. Yes when I still had the car I installed it and worked great for what I needed. I haven’t been plugged into the MMI options nowadays as I don’t have that vehicle any longer. If you want CarPlay functionality then an MMI box is the answer, and I’m sure there’s other ones on the market that will do the same job. You’re still going to have a cracked screen though, so you have to figure out what you want to do about that. I enjoyed it when I had it as it was the only option for CarPlay and it did the job.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 10:38 AM   #1001
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Anyone had the issue where pressing the back button to return to turn BMW menu turn the screen black then you have to press again for 10s or so to get the screen menu up ?
It used to work great but all of a sudden it’s messy

Thank you
Appreciate 0