BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

09-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #89
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
just googled and found this:
To summarize, without 6NS, you won't get:

Library Browsing - Playlist, Artist, Genre via Bluetooth (still works via USB)

Ability to connect 2 bluetooth phones simultaneously

Additional Microphone - For improved communications

iSpeech - Voice control for contacts and music

Mobile Office - Text Messages, Email, Calendar, Tasks, Contact photos, Voice memos.

Base plate in center console - for snap-in Adapter integration

Connection to external antenna ***8211; For improved reception
Ok.. Thanks. If everything goes well tomorrow, I will look into coding this option (6NS) once I purchase the vehicle.
so how it went?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #90
pglover19
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
so how it went?
It was a very interesting meeting. There was a few cosmetic flaws that the dealership did not tell me until I arrived at the dealership. I realize that this is a used vehicle and it will have some imperfections such as scratches, etc. The dealer was able to reduce the price even more because of these flaws. Even with those cosmetic flaws, my wife loved the vehicle. So my wife is now a proud owner of a 2015 BMW X5M. I want to thank everyone for responding to my questions. The vehicle has 26,400 miles. It is CPO, has the B&O system, rear entertainment system, and the 2 major packages. The color is Sapphire black with the Sonoma Beige full leather interior. It has the fine oak wood trim that has some beige strips in it that matches the Sonoma beige leather interior. The combination is awesome.

We drove the vehicle home today (over 400 miles) and this is best driving vehicle I have every driven. We played around with the comfort, sport, and sport plus mode and wife likes the comfort mode the best. I liked the sport mode best.

One of the major cosmetic flaws is some cuts on back of the driver side seat. I have attached some photos. I will probably post a new thread on this issue, but if anyone has ideas on what can be done to fix this issue, please provide details. I am willing to take the seat to a professional if needed to fix the issue. If a new seat needs to be purchased, I am willing to purchase one if that is the last option.

Edit.. One option for the seat repair is to maybe have a upholstery shop wrapped the entire piece with the damaged leather in a black leather to match the black leather on the front of the seat. This would be done on both seats in the rear.. Just an idea.
Attached Images

Last edited by pglover19; 09-09-2018 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #91
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
It was a very interesting meeting. There was a few cosmetic flaws that the dealership did not tell me until I arrived at the dealership. I realize that this is a used vehicle and it will have some imperfections such as scratches, etc. The dealer was able to reduce the price even more because of these flaws. Even with though cosmetic flaws, my wife loved the vehicle. So my wife is now a proud owner of a 2015 BMW X5M. I want to thank everyone for responding to my questions. The vehicle has 26,400 miles. It is CPO, has the B&O system, rear entertainment system, and the 2 major packages. The color is Sapphire black with the Sonomo Beige full leather interior. It has the fine oak wood trim that has some beige strips in it that matches the Sonomo beige leather interior. The combination is awesome.

We drove the vehicle home today (over 400 miles) and this is best driving vehicle I have every driven. We played around with the comfort, sport, and sport plus mode and wife likes the comfort mode the best. I liked the sport mode best.

One of the major cosmetic flaws is some cuts on back of the driver side seat. I have attached some photos. I will probably post a new thread on this issue, but if anyone has ideas on what can be done to fix this issue, please provide details. I am willing to take the seat to a professional if needed to fix the issue. If a new seat needs to be purchased, I am willing to purchase one if that is the last option.

Edit.. One option for the seat repair is to maybe have a upholstery shop wrapped the entire piece with the damaged leather in a black leather to match the black leather on the front of the seat. This would be done on both seats in the rear.. Jus an idea.

I have seen that you can replace just the back of the seat if you can't find a suitable repair. Unfortunately I don't know the part number
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #92
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

BTW....CONGRATS
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #93
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
I have seen that you can replace just the back of the seat if you can't find a suitable repair. Unfortunately I don't know the part number
Thank you for answering all my questions. You just made my night if I can just replace that section on the back of the seat. Where would I be able to find the part number? Should I call my local dealer in the morning. I think there are some dealers on this forum as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #94
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
I found this website with the part numbers but not sure what I need...

https://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/...driveLine=6487
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:16 PM   #95
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Doesn't look like any part on that.
Look at post #12 on this thread, https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1456187, maybe iconoclast can provide some insight if you PM them
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #96
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

check this:

https://www.realoembmwparts.com/oem-...el-52108061225
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 05:49 AM   #97
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much....
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 05:53 AM   #98
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
It looks like the part I need is #10 and not #11. Please verify..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 06:05 AM   #99
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
It looks like the part I need is #10 and not #11. Please verify..
It looks like the part number for #10 is 52108061227 for the Sonoma Beige, but the part is discounted. Bummer
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 06:20 AM   #100
pglover19
Private
Rep

Quote:
It looks like the part number for #10 is 52108061227 for the Sonoma Beige, but the part is discounted. Bummer
Maybe an option is to get part number #10 in black. But I would need to purchase the right and left.. Opinions please...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 06:57 AM   #101
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

A good shop should be able to re leather that to match without breaking the bank.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #102
enzom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M/20 720S/20 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty91ss View Post
I don't believe these vehicles have self parking.
I'm with you. I think the park assist is just cameras and sensors that beep. My daughter's X3 M40i has parking assistant plus. That self parks.
20 992 C4S
15 458 Speciale
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #103
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe an option is to get part number #10 in black. But I would need to purchase the right and left.. Opinions please...
I would call a dealership and double check the part numbers. But the price is ridiculous btw. Try to find other options like repair...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #104
pglover19
Private
Rep

Called a few upholstery shops in my local area and getting mixed responses. Some of these shops do work for the local BMW dealership. Some shops want to try to repair the leather and others want to remove the damaged portion and re-wrap the leather.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #105
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Called a few upholstery shops in my local area and getting mixed responses. Some of these shops do work for the local BMW dealership. Some shops want to try to repair the leather and others want to remove the damaged portion and re-wrap the leather.
I would try repair of the leather first, as its probably the cheapest option. If it can't be repaired satisfactorily, then look at replacing. If you rewrap, you may not get a perfect match and would likely need to rewrap both sides for best results. I would check with dealer for the part, there should be availability for it even it its listed as discontinued. Also can check with salvage yards for the part.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #106
mrtt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46/E60/E92/F10/E55

Quote:
It was a very interesting meeting. There was a few cosmetic flaws that the dealership did not tell me until I arrived at the dealership. I realize that this is a used vehicle and it will have some imperfections such as scratches, etc. The dealer was able to reduce the price even more because of these flaws. Even with those cosmetic flaws, my wife loved the vehicle. So my wife is now a proud owner of a 2015 BMW X5M. I want to thank everyone for responding to my questions. The vehicle has 26,400 miles. It is CPO, has the B&O system, rear entertainment system, and the 2 major packages. The color is Sapphire black with the Sonoma Beige full leather interior. It has the fine oak wood trim that has some beige strips in it that matches the Sonoma beige leather interior. The combination is awesome.

Edit.. One option for the seat repair is to maybe have a upholstery shop wrapped the entire piece with the damaged leather in a black leather to match the black leather on the front of the seat. This would be done on both seats in the rear.. Just an idea.
I'm in the market for one as well, can you tell me how much you paid before taxes?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #107
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzom View Post
I'm with you. I think the park assist is just cameras and sensors that beep. My daughter's X3 M40i has parking assistant plus. That self parks.
My X5M has park assist. The car pretty much parallel parks itself. But the parking spot has to be huge (3 ft clearance for the front and another 3 ft for the back).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #108
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzom View Post
My X5M has park assist. The car pretty much parallel parks itself. But the parking spot has to be huge (3 ft clearance for the front and another 3 ft for the back).
I tried once to use mine and I pissed of my wife and few drivers behind me
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #109
pglover19
Private
Rep

Took the car to the upholstery shop today and they did an amazing job in repairing the seat. Look like brand new. Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #110
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Quote:
Took the car to the upholstery shop today and they did an amazing job in repairing the seat. Look like brand new. Thanks everyone.
Congrats on your purchase. It's only a matter of time till the mod bug bites you!
Appreciate 0