BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #2025
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Thanks for the update, is the 20d going to have a power gain in a near future?
No, though within a couple of years they'll get mild hybrid systems. However I'm not sure if we'll see any of that on our side of the ocean.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #2026
Chadfugi
Second Lieutenant
Chadfugi's Avatar
No_Country
153
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 2015 ///M4 MG, SO Fully Loaded
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
January 2019 Update:
Any word on the M340i ? When will the configurator be live ?
__________________
Mr. Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:03 AM   #2027
sward
Lieutenant
sward's Avatar
Sweden
202
Rep
457
Posts

Drives: X5 M50D G05
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Will the G05 X5 45e be available as a 7-seater? F15 wasn't because of battery placement
__________________
/Fredrik Swšrd
BMW X5 M50d -19 (G05)
Sold: BMW X5 M50d -17 (F15), X5 M50d -14 (F15), 116d -13 (F20), X5 3.0D -10 (E70), M3 -10 (E93), 320DX -10 (E91), 320D M -08 (E91), X3 3.0D -07 (E83), 335 -07 (E92), 325 -05 (E90), 320 M -02 (E46), 318 M -00 (E46), 320 CiA -93 (E36), 318 -89 (E30)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 03:11 AM   #2028
Calelujah
New Member
5
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: F11 530d / F15 X5 40e
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Iceland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Will the G05 X5 45e be available as a 7-seater? F15 wasn't because of battery placement
Since they have already confirmed that the boot space will be 150L smaller than the combustion engine car due to the batteries taking up part of the boot space, I would say that there is no chance there would be 7-seater version.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #2029
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
1911
Rep
2,965
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Trying to be patient while waiting for G22/G82 news. I tried to time my lease so it lines up perfectly with the new models, but it ends in 9/2020 and I'm starting to think I may have jumped the gun
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #2030
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

So, I was going to mention that X3M and X4M are just about to go public, but BMW seems to have beaten me to it.

Anyway, I estimate we'll likely have the official release some time in February, and certainly no later than March.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 04:52 AM   #2031
V-Eight
Private First Class
40
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: F20 M140i - Maserati Ghibli S
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Read now the updates.

I'm really puzzled about the SOP of the New M3....nearly 2021 it's a long time in my opinion. I was wondering to see it by the end of this year, but probably, it will come at Geneva 2020 and into sales six month later in september. So nearly three years without having an M3 into production....I Hope that the new one will worth the wait.
Appreciate 1
kern4171911.00

      02-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #2032
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2860
Rep
3,434
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Read now the updates.

I'm really puzzled about the SOP of the New M3....nearly 2021 it's a long time in my opinion. I was wondering to see it by the end of this year, but probably, it will come at Geneva 2020 and into sales six month later in september. So nearly three years without having an M3 into production....I Hope that the new one will worth the wait.
There is always the ///M4. It's the better looking car anyway
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
Ibiza1052.00

      02-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #2033
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
1911
Rep
2,965
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
There is always the ///M4. It's the better looking car anyway
And if history repeats itself, that'll be another year later after the ///M3. That's why I said i'm (im)patiently waiting for a solid update on when they will come out. I thought for sure 2020 since the G20 hit already, but it's like they just stopped at the 3 series and the rest of the body styles will come "eventually."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #2034
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Minor adjustments to the expected M3 options: CCB on base, not only competition, carbon bucket seats (likely not available in the U.S.) as an option.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2019, 10:15 AM   #2035
Ibiza
Major
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
1052
Rep
1,310
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 ZCP & 2018 F85
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
That's why I said i'm (im)patiently waiting for a solid update on when they will come out. I thought for sure 2020 since the G20 hit already, but it's like they just stopped at the 3 series and the rest of the body styles will come "eventually."
The new G20 is just arriving to US shores followed by the 340 latter this spring. With the F83 EOP 10/2020, I see the G80 release no earlier than 10/2020-- why, too many shared parts between the M3/M4. The upcoming X3M/X4M will fill the M3 demand for the next 20 months.
__________________
2018 X5M 1/18 PCD
2018 M4 cabrio ZCP- ED 9/17- PCD 12/17
Retired:
2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 Cabrio ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is Cabrio ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i Cabrio PCD, 2004 328i Cabrio PCD
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #2036
Ibiza
Major
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
1052
Rep
1,310
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 ZCP & 2018 F85
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Trying to be patient while waiting for G22/G82 news. I tried to time my lease so it lines up perfectly with the new models, but it ends in 9/2020 and I'm starting to think I may have jumped the gun
But, on the positive the initial M8 demend should have normalized by then with deals to be had. Just look at the current M5 non-comp incentives, less than a year into production. The M8 market will be even smaller. My F83 lease is also up 9/2020. BTW the G22/G82 is the convertible and G23/G83 is now the coupé.
__________________
2018 X5M 1/18 PCD
2018 M4 cabrio ZCP- ED 9/17- PCD 12/17
Retired:
2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 Cabrio ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is Cabrio ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i Cabrio PCD, 2004 328i Cabrio PCD
Appreciate 1
kern4171911.00

      02-12-2019, 02:17 AM   #2037
did75
Private First Class
24
Rep
110
Posts

Drives: 2016 f48 x1 xline (eu spec)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, France

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

Thanks for this precious thread.

Any idea on when the F48 X1 LCI will be unveiled?

Do you know whether the hybrid powertrain will be the same as in the 225xe (active tourer) or could be an updated version of this ?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #2038
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by did75 View Post
Any idea on when the F48 X1 LCI will be unveiled?
Some time this year.
Quote:
Do you know whether the hybrid powertrain will be the same as in the 225xe (active tourer) or could be an updated version of this ?
Same or very similar.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #2039
760Lifan
Lieutenant
760Lifan's Avatar
United_States
105
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi Q7, 2017 Lincoln MKZ
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land O Lakes, FL

iTrader: (0)

Man, I'm still hoping we (the U.S.) are going to get the X5 45e for MY20. My current lease ends February 2020 and I hope it's available by then...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #2040
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
1911
Rep
2,965
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
But, on the positive the initial M8 demend should have normalized by then with deals to be had. Just look at the current M5 non-comp incentives, less than a year into production. The M8 market will be even smaller. My F83 lease is also up 9/2020. BTW the G22/G82 is the convertible and G23/G83 is now the coupť.
Worst Case scenario I jump into a 6MT G80 for a few years until I can get back into a coupe. Best case scenario I hate how it looks/performs and have no issue sticking with my 440i lol. Maybe the Supra will help us get an easy bolt on turbo kit that'll tickle my pickle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 10:58 PM   #2041
ssiddiq1
First Lieutenant
United_States
49
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Any idea when the G01 X3 will receive the LCI update? Would it be in fall 2020? Trying decide if itís worth the wait on the X3M until it receives LCI treatment since they didnít update idrive or any of the tech for the X3M.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:19 AM   #2042
JorgenM
Private First Class
Norway
83
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: Jag i-Pace and Tesla P85
Join Date: May 2016
Location: NORTH

iTrader: (0)

I wonder too, as I hope the iX3 will be LCI.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:45 AM   #2043
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Any idea when the G01 X3 will receive the LCI update? Would it be in fall 2020? Trying decide if itís worth the wait on the X3M until it receives LCI treatment since they didnít update idrive or any of the tech for the X3M.
Of course there won't be LCI any time soon - these are brand new models.

The new dashboard will be added for MY2020.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 08:40 AM   #2044
ssiddiq1
First Lieutenant
United_States
49
Rep
301
Posts

Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Of course there won't be LCI any time soon - these are brand new models.

The new dashboard will be added for MY2020.
Wait, MY2020 is when the X3M is being launched. So are you saying that the new dashboard will be added to the regular X3s for MY2020 but not the X3M since they are shown as having the old dash?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #2045
ynguldyn
Colonel
2847
Rep
2,096
Posts

Drives: battery powered tv on wheels
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiddiq1 View Post
Wait, MY2020 is when the X3M is being launched. So are you saying that the new dashboard will be added to the regular X3s for MY2020 but not the X3M since they are shown as having the old dash?
Early X3Ms and X4Ms are gonna be odd ducks out. While they're officially 2020 vehicles in the countries that use the "model year" concept, BMW, being a European company, doesn't really care about it. The actual production month is more important. This is why you see BMW modifying their cars and options on a 3-times-a-year cycle. For its European plants, it's March, July, and November (which is why you see press releases about improvement "measures" in February, June, and October). Their overseas plants are shifted by a month. So in this case, August production is what you should be waiting for.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:33 PM   #2046
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
5271
Rep
18,356
Posts

Drives: No BMW for now
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Early X3Ms and X4Ms are gonna be odd ducks out. While they're officially 2020 vehicles in the countries that use the "model year" concept, BMW, being a European company, doesn't really care about it. The actual production month is more important. ... So in this case, August production is what you should be waiting for.
From time to time, we see this type of situation where new model variants are added to an existing lineup only shortly before a significant feature of the vehicle is going to be updated. However, this would seem to be a particularly extreme case.

Obviously the timing of the new dash is due to a long-planned update cycle for the X3/X4, so that was never a surprise to those working on the X3/X4 M program. Still, in this case, given that the new M models will really only be in production for about four months (from April to July) prior to the update, it is a bit surprising that BMW didn't simply time their release for August.

It is going to be interesting to see what type of reactions this causes both for those who are aware beforehand and struggle with perhaps delaying the purchase even longer and for those who are not aware beforehand and feel slighted when they find out (unfortunate souls not tuned in to BimmerPost). First world problems to be sure, and technically nothing new, but again, four months is really short - maybe the shortest I've seen yet.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
future bmw, release date, upcoming bmw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST