BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #595
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

If you'll read on the ZF webpage (the gearbox maker), it recommends changing the oil around that milage.

Yes, I know BMW says the oil is for lifetime.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #596
Ylit
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Garage List
2014 BMW x5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinP View Post
If you'll read on the ZF webpage (the gearbox maker), it recommends changing the oil around that milage.

Yes, I know BMW says the oil is for lifetime.
Do you think I can make BMW to change the oil under CPO? or would you recommend to take it to BMW shop?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #597
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

BMW will definetly not change the oil under warranty. And even changing it at your own cost might not sort out the issue you are facing.

I would go to the dealer and ask them to diagnose the problem first.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #598
sudhanshu_s
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 eDrive 40e

Charging issue at Home

My new 2018 BMW was charging fine for last 6 months and suddenly it goes to error after some randon time ..say 2 min to any time in 2 hours ? Has any one else seen this issue ..The BMW shop is not able to replicate this ..but I tried many different outlets and this repeats ..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #599
TAPMAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 25d F15

Please asking anyone who got the knowledge about the X5 diesel car stop / start funct

I have a 2016 X5 25d F15 model car. At the early of this year, when my wife drove to home it stopped at a traffic lights. it would not re-start again after release the break pedal. Towed to the dealer to check. I have been told the battery supply is not communicated well with the engine. took 5 days in the work shop, then back to work. but the start/stop function was still not working properly as before. most of the time it would not stop now, or 3 days stop and 4 days not stop. whatever in warm or cold of the car. it was the same. no any other appliance used in the same time, such as the heated seat, air conditioning. Battery is fully charged. It's under new the car warranty, but the dealer refused to check it and says it is normal. can any one help?

Last edited by TAPMAN; 08-03-2018 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: wrong spelling
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2018, 07:00 PM   #600
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPMAN View Post
I have a 2016 X5 25d F15 model car. At the early of this year, when my wife drove to home it stopped at a traffic lights. it would not re-start again after release the break pedal. Towed to the dealer to check. I have been told the battery supply is not communicated well with the engine. took 5 days in the work shop, then back to work. but the start/stop function was still not working properly as before. most of the time it would not stop now, or 3 days stop and 4 days not stop. whatever in warm or cold of the car. it was the same. no any other appliance used in the same time, such as the heated seat, air conditioning. Battery is fully charged. It's under new the car warranty, but the dealer refused to check it and says it is normal. can any one help?
What driving mode are you in when driving? My experience with the start stop feature will only work on eco mode..on comfort you have to manually push the start/stop button to turn it on. And if the engine restart it will defaults back to comfort mode which means never or less the start stop feature will never activate.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 08:06 PM   #601
TAPMAN
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_chu View Post
What driving mode are you in when driving? My experience with the start stop feature will only work on eco mode..on comfort you have to manually push the start/stop button to turn it on. And if the engine restart it will defaults back to comfort mode which means never or less the start stop feature will never activate.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will check it today. I am afraid the battery and starter link was still in default. as I mentioned before it could not re-start one day.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #602
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhanshu_s View Post
My new 2018 BMW was charging fine for last 6 months and suddenly it goes to error after some randon time ..say 2 min to any time in 2 hours ? Has any one else seen this issue ..The BMW shop is not able to replicate this ..but I tried many different outlets and this repeats ..
This sounds like the charging brain inside the car. Mine was bad from day 2 and it took them to have the car overnight running a diagnostic with the homeland or something like that. They call it a PUMA case or something like that when they do this extended diagnostic.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:21 PM   #603
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Current problems with my 2018 F15 (14K miles) - I've owned a few F15s.

1. A/C is slow to turn on and not great when the cabin is hot. Common problem
2. Heads up display does not turn on once a month or so.
3. iDrive consistently does not remember last settings - what was on the display or that it was in preset mode. iDrive 6 is a POS
4. Recently something has become loose in the back on larger bumps, sounds like a suspension piece but hard to track down
5. The multi contour comfort seats are, well, not that comfortable. Much better than the ventilated seats but still hard on the butt for longer drives. Wife notices it also.

I have a G05 on order but am questioning that and may switch to the Q7 which had one major known problem (brake squeal) that has been fixed.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #604
TAPMAN
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Hi Steve, I have tried to put the driving mode to the ECO, actually it was on ECO before. it was the same result. NOT stopped engine.
Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #605
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Steve, I have tried to put the driving mode to the ECO, actually it was on ECO before. it was the same result. NOT stopped engine.
Any idea?
Again..even if you're in eco the engine doesn't stop every time when you step on the break for a red light. The feature involved many things for it to be functional. To be honest I don't really like or even using the start stop feature..I'm always on comfort driving
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #606
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any idea?
Again..even if you're in eco the engine doesn't stop every time when you step on the break for a red light. The feature involved many things for it to be functional. To be honest I don't really like or even using the start stop feature..I'm always on comfort driving
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #607
MiLo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

2015 BMW X5 Steering Issue

Hi Y´all,

I´ve been experiencing a very unresponsive and floaty steering above 40 mph. Doesn't act like any BMW I´ve driven. As a matter of fact, I don´t think I´ve driven a car with such a terrible steering. Above 40mph when I slightly turn the wheel in kind of keeps the steering angle, doesn't move back to neutral, it almost feels like it locks itself.. I don´t know if its normal...... I have an appointment on Monday for a checkup.

Adblue: Had to change the nox sensors and adblue injectors

Camera: 360°doesnt always show, so they had to do a software update.

I´ve purchased the car with 60k miles and these are the problems after having driven it for 5k.... Very disappointing...

I own 2 other BMWs and have had luck with them...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 01:14 AM   #608
Danz328d
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d sportline

Take it to a wheel shop that specializes in reginding outer lip.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #609
x5mannn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
Hi Y´all,

I´ve been experiencing a very unresponsive and floaty steering above 40 mph. Doesn't act like any BMW I´ve driven. As a matter of fact, I don´t think I´ve driven a car with such a terrible steering. Above 40mph when I slightly turn the wheel in kind of keeps the steering angle, doesn't move back to neutral, it almost feels like it locks itself.. I don´t know if its normal...... I have an appointment on Monday for a checkup.

Adblue: Had to change the nox sensors and adblue injectors

Camera: 360°doesnt always show, so they had to do a software update.

I´ve purchased the car with 60k miles and these are the problems after having driven it for 5k.... Very disappointing...

I own 2 other BMWs and have had luck with them...
I have that exact problem with the steering! Im bringing it in tomorrow. Let us know what they say for yours
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #610
RotaryPowered
Rep
Drives: F15 x50i M Sport

New issue started a week ago. When I plug a phone into the USB, it constantly cycles charging/not charging/charging/not charging very fast. Ends up just draining the battery... Will take it in under warranty soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #611
Gilly1964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 30d MSport

Try a new cable first - it fixed it for me. The original cable has now failed completely (about 6 months on). Seems BMW is very sensitive to this kind of thing.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2018, 06:48 PM   #612
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Anyone got any problems with the front rotors on 35i?

Mine got warped in a little less than one year and less than 20K km. Got replaced them under the warranty.
But the new ones got warped again after a year and 20K km. Dealer refused to replace them again, so I've raised the issue with BMW Canada.

I'm not a racer of any kind, I drive pretty conservative. Never took my car to the track. My pads were good for another 17K km, so rotors live twice less than the pads. In Europe they put larger rotors on 35i, so I believe the rotors for North America cars are just too small.

But BMW thinks they are just fine and proposed, as a "goodwill" to pay for the rotors and I was supposed to pay for the labor.

For me it was not a solution, as I didn't wanted to have that conversation in one year again. So I just went for the MPBK.

But I'm a little bit disappointed in BMW now...
      09-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #613
Sameul92
Rep

Tire pressure fluctuating

Hi,

I bought a 2015 X5 Xdrive351i

The tire pressure seems to be fluctuating between 39 & 35. It's low tire pressure when I first start driving it and then the pressure goes up to normal after 20 minutes of driving. Is this normal for tire pressure to fluctuate between 4 psi ?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #614
Stev_chu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameul92 View Post
Hi,

The tire pressure seems to be fluctuating between 39 & 35. It's low tire pressure when I first start driving it and then the pressure goes up to normal after 20 minutes of driving. Is this normal for tire pressure to fluctuate between 4 psi ?
Yes absolutely..did the tires indicator light comes on?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #615
Sameul92
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

No. No tire indicator light came on just didn't know if this was normal in a Bmw for tire pressure to fluctuate.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #616
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Hi,

Tire heats up while driving and pressure goes up. Always check a pressure on the cold tires.