BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-29-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Clear front reflectors - Throw back to the 90s

Decided to tackle a DIY for the front reflectors. This was a PITA as you guys know. There a few threads on DIY, but I felt the best way to get this done with the best results is to remove the wheels as well as the plastic panel inside to get access behind the fender. That way I can remove all the residual double sided tape and ensure the clear reflectors are flush when installed (as you can see from the photos). A lot of work but I'm happy with the results. Fitment is OEM.

I know most ppl prefer the body colored reflector aka reflector delete. My modding days go back to the 90s - JDM cars, etc. Back then clear everything was the thing - clear front corner lights, side markers, tail lights, etc. I do like the clear reflectors especially on a white car. Plus you keep the reflector functionality
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m3fuz199.00
      07-29-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Drake View Post
Decided to tackle a DIY for the front reflectors. This was a PITA as you guys know. There a few threads on DIY, but I felt the best way to get this done with the best results is to remove the wheels as well as the plastic panel inside to get access behind the fender. That way I can remove all the residual double sided tape and ensure the clear reflectors are flush when installed (as you can see from the photos). A lot of work but I'm happy with the results. Fitment is OEM.

I know most ppl prefer the body colored reflector aka reflector delete. My modding days go back to the 90s - JDM cars, etc. Back then clear everything was the thing - clear front corner lights, side markers, tail lights, etc. I do like the clear reflectors especially on a white car. Plus you keep the reflector functionality
Yes, thank goodness you kept the reflector functionality. Otherwise they would never see your big white 5,300lb SAV!

Cool man. Looks good against the white and matches the headlights.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
MD in CT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

I like it, did the same on my white F10, but they were marketed as 'white' reflectors, but up close, it looked like chrome under clear. This only works with a white car, perfectly.

Ps... time for new rotors! Lol
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2022, 01:58 PM   #4
m3fuz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 X5M, 19 X3 30i, 03 C4S

I like it. Reminds of my E36 M3 days when the starting mods were “LTWs, clears, and a drop!”
Appreciate 1