Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Before Hillary realized that she needed these illegals for votes:
https://instagram.com/p/BkLRyyDlj14/
      06-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #134
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Speaking of "weed", I remember there was a time when one could be a non-smoker, but simply in the presence, like a gathering or a party and you could be busted only due the pleasant smell wafting through the scene. Seemed to be from around the time Tricky Dick was running rampant. Another ridiculous policy gone by the wayside fueled by conservatives.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #135
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Liberals make me laugh. It's all Feelz and ZERO logic

Kinda like my wife

Here is a solution. All the Lib crybabies take the "asylum" seekers and their families into their homes and beds. You guys can feed them, give them medical care, maybe some TV time all on your dime.

Doesn't that sound great?

The world is a tough place. It ain't easy. Grow up. We can't "save" everyone nor should we try

Maybe this will help you guys understand.

Actually there is a very practical side to this as well if all you are concerned about is money. This zero tolerance and Sessions going after all lower level drug offenders again is going to overload an already strained system. It's about the only true thing the DHS head said in her press conference.

You are going to have to open more detention centers, hire a shit ton more Border Patrol that is consumed with this while upriver the cartels smuggle in more drugs etc. Anyway, there are very tangible ways this affects a lot of other things.
I'm with you on that. Sessions going after lower level drug offenders in this country is dumb. So are his zero tolerance policies on weed.

Don't get me started on the weed thing. It should be legalized. Alcohol is SO much worse for society as a whole but Let's keep that for another thread.

Not a fan of sessions. He's a weasel.

What I am a fan of is LEGAL immigration.

The US shouldn't allow any illegal immigration period. I'm fine with guest workers but that's it.

Legal immigrants are pissed. Ive spoken with quite a few
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 3
Hawkeye695.00
minn194152.00

06-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #136
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Please tell me which misdemeanors and whether their kids were taken away from them or not. A weekend isn’t that long anyway compared to what some of these people are going through.

I thought this was supposed to be about law and non emotional? So you want the government to treat some misdemeanors differently than other misdemeanors? You are right about the convo being over because it is very clear you have no idea how most LE operates in the US or that there are a bunch of laws that LE basically ignores.
with the expedited process, you can get deported within a few hours to a few days depending on where you are or case loads. However, this is only true if you dont fight it. So about a weekend.

None of them had kids, so kids didnt have to be taken away, but again, if a parent goes to jail, does the kid go to jail with them? Since i clearly dont understand how LE operates, can you let me know what that case is?

not all crimes are the same, which is why they all have varying levels of punishments. You should know this since, you know, I know it and i dont understand how LE operates...

If the punishment calls for a fine, no issue with fines. if it calls for jail time, no problem with jail time. if it calls for deportation, you guessed it, no problem with that either.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #137
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
with the expedited process, you can get deported within a few hours to a few days depending on where you are or case loads. However, this is only true if you dont fight it. So about a weekend.

None of them had kids, so kids didnt have to be taken away, but again, if a parent goes to jail, does the kid go to jail with them? Since i clearly dont understand how LE operates, can you let me know what that case is?

not all crimes are the same, which is why they all have varying levels of punishments. You should know this since, you know, I know it and i dont understand how LE operates...

If the punishment calls for a fine, no issue with fines. if it calls for jail time, no problem with jail time. if it calls for deportation, you guessed it, no problem with that either.
You know as well as I do that the kids usually go to a relative, which is what happened generally for what we are talking about until Trump/Sessions etc changed the policy.

And yes, technically all crimes are the same under the category they are convicted of so there is a range in said category. There is also precedent for that range that most judges etc follow.
Appreciate 1
Lups10068.00

06-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #138
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6

Garage List
Quote:

I am still chuckling at the thought of SumBMW or Minn illegally entering another country, getting caught, and then trying to convince the authorities that it is similar to "going 20 over the speed limit"
Appreciate 2
sirdaft11876.00

06-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #139
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Now if you crazy bastards start pouring over our border for our legal weed in the coming months, we may need to build a snow wall or something.
I won't be coming over for that but I'm loving the beer!!

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #140
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You know as well as I do that the kids usually go to a relative, which is what happened generally for what we are talking about until Trump/Sessions etc changed the policy.

And yes, technically all crimes are the same under the category they are convicted of so there is a range in said category. There is also precedent for that range that most judges etc follow.
o so like...

"Children in HHS ORR custody are provided with appropriate care, including medical care, mental health care, and educational programs. Children are normally held in a temporary shelter or hosted by an appropriate family.

While in HHS care, ORR begins the process of locating a sponsor for the child for discharge from federal custody.

A sponsor can be a parent, adult sibling, relative, or appropriate home that meets criteria for the safety of the child and continuation of any immigration proceedings. A parent who is prosecuted and later released can be a sponsor and ask HHS to release his or her child back into his or her custody.
In Fiscal Year 2017, 90 percent of the children were released to a sponsor who was either a parent or close relative.
"

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/15/...tions-families

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #141
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I'm with you on that. Sessions going after lower level drug offenders in this country is dumb. So are his zero tolerance policies on weed.

Don't get me started on the weed thing. It should be legalized. Alcohol is SO much worse for society as a whole but Let's keep that for another thread.

Not a fan of sessions. He's a weasel.

What I am a fan of is LEGAL immigration.

The US shouldn't allow any illegal immigration period. I'm fine with guest workers but that's it.

Legal immigrants are pissed. Ive spoken with quite a few
The thing I don't get is why no administration/congress can't get creative about this. Trump is essentially trying to entice Kim to give up his nukes via greed. KJU looks to the south and sees how prosepours SK is. He looks to the north and sees the same thing with China. So my guess is, is that Trump is promising all sorts of investment etc for NK to get them to that level in a relative short time. While of course allowing KJU to stay in power. KJU has to decide between paranoia (some well founded also) and greed if he wants to accept the deal IMO.

While this situation isn't he same why can't we do something similar. Trump is supposedly the grand dela maker, why can't he envision some sort of Marshall plan for Mexico, Latin/Central America etc where we invest heavily in their countries and in return we get new access to industry/trade. The more prosperous they get the less people turn to cartels/MS-13 and other gangs etc and helping stem the drug trade. Then people stay in their own country instead of running here. Win, win, win and wi IMO. While I know not completely analogous to post WW2 Europe you get my point/idea.

My problem with Republicans screaming we are a nation of laws is that they are just as much part of this problem. They looked the other way for years while their constituents (who some are increasingly pissed about this because it is drying up their cheap labor sources) allowed this to run amok just as much as the Dems. For different reasons of course. Now almost overnight they are changing the rules that many different people lived by in one of the cruelest ways possible IMO. Also as you can see from the current administration and some vocal members here, they seem to be saying we are a nation of some laws, but not others depending on what they don't like at the moment.

So if we want to go zero tolerance lets go zero tolerance. We are a nation of laws after all from what I keep hearing.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #142
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
didnt you see the other thread? we are getting weed too
I saw that. I suspect you guys will hold off to see how it all shakes out in Canada.

We have no idea what we are doing. There are lots of ridiculous rules...you have to buy from an official retailer, unless you buy it online or grow it yourself, the number of plants you can grow, where you can grow them, etc. These things will be impossible to enforce and will likely relax in the coming years.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #143
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I won't be coming over for that but I'm loving the beer!!
Craft beer is booming these days.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #144
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
o so like...

"Children in HHS ORR custody are provided with appropriate care, including medical care, mental health care, and educational programs. Children are normally held in a temporary shelter or hosted by an appropriate family.

While in HHS care, ORR begins the process of locating a sponsor for the child for discharge from federal custody.

A sponsor can be a parent, adult sibling, relative, or appropriate home that meets criteria for the safety of the child and continuation of any immigration proceedings. A parent who is prosecuted and later released can be a sponsor and ask HHS to release his or her child back into his or her custody.
In Fiscal Year 2017, 90 percent of the children were released to a sponsor who was either a parent or close relative.
"

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/06/15/...tions-families

I'm gonna disagree with them about the 90% figure and how hard they are actually trying to do this. Trump and people from his administration have stated publicly that this is a deterrent to people trying to cross illegally. So yah......
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #145
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I am still chuckling at the thought of SumBMW or Minn illegally entering another country, getting caught, and then trying to convince the authorities that it is similar to "going 20 over the speed limit"
At least have the guts to tag me correctly so I know you are referencing me.

Fortunately, I do not have to flee what these people are fleeing and chance it.

For the umpteenth time you guys are the ones saying it we are a nation of laws and both are generally misdemeanors. So both in the eyes of the legal system are of the same seriousness.

As Trump has said if you want to make it more serious the Republicans own the government right now so make it more serious. From this thread we've got quite the range from shot on sight, which I wonder if sspade is willing to kill kids himself or if he is fine with the government doing it for him. To internment/deportation camps that separate families for an undetermined amount of time.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #146
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

So, what is the acceptable solution to the problem of families illegally crossing the border? Should we put them together in a refugee camp, awaiting their review/asylum process? Or should we just write them up OR papers, to return for proper processing, and then turn them out on the street?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #147
TheWatchGuy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I saw that. I suspect you guys will hold off to see how it all shakes out in Canada.

We have no idea what we are doing. There are lots of ridiculous rules...you have to buy from an official retailer, unless you buy it online or grow it yourself, the number of plants you can grow, where you can grow them, etc. These things will be impossible to enforce and will likely relax in the coming years.
Im in Colorado. Its been working pretty well for us even with the regulations.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #148
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Im in Colorado. Its been working pretty well for us even with the regulations.
You guys did it right with the private dispensaries. Up here it's crown corps that will do the distribution.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #149
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6M

Out of 800,000 Daca total individuals, and now with 65,000 of those same people having been convicted of violent and non violent crimes.....

Safe to say separating to protect the kids from the dangerous adults in the masses is justified.

Just imagine all the child negligence, and abuse the kids are exposed to by the parents crossing hundreds if not thousands of miles across essentially "gang land", desert, tumultuous territories as a whole....

Wonder how many kids have lost their lives with their parents also trying to smuggle them across the border, or how many were sold!off or trafficked into sex slavery for promises made to them....

Like they say, grass isn't always greener on the other side. Sure as hell though those kids are getting better treatment, and safer AWAY from the mass populations of lord knows who.

How bout we turn Alcatraz into a hotel for illegals, 1 cell aka "room" per family.

Or my personal favorite, send 1 illegal alien family to a liberal/ democrat house in the northeast. No benefits or government aid will be provided, and the household accepting the family will be wholly held responsible for any and all that families actions, including any sort of criminal activity! A single person commits a crime, the household owner goes to jail.

Last edited by Dieselunlimited; 06-19-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft11876.00

06-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #150
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselunlimited View Post
Out of 800,000 Daca total individuals, and now with 65,000 of those same people having been convicted of violent and non violent crimes.....
Source?

How can that be if the interaction rate is less then that of natives?

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...rceration-rate
Appreciate 2
minn194152.00
Lups10068.00

06-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #151
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Source?

How can that be if the interaction rate is less then that of natives?

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...rceration-rate
DHS, data relayed below.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/thousands-daca-recipients-with-arrest-records-including-10-accused-murderers-allowed-to-stay-in-us.html
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #152
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselunlimited View Post
I got an article, but no data. Could you find a link to the data please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?

Last edited by Lups; 06-19-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #153
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I got an article, but no data. Could you find a link to the data please.
Here's directly from the "horse's mouth" Lee Cissna, director of USCIS.... aka the agency in charge of DACA.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...le.com%2F&_rdr

Funny part about that Cato link "Michelangelo Landgrave is a doctoral student in political science at the University of California", the main author used himself as a cited source!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #154
Dieselunlimited
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
https://berniesanders.com/open-borders-a-gimmick-not-a-solution/

Bernie on open borders in 2015, just before he got cucked at his own rally by the fat BLM chicks and started sucking up to the identity politics crew.

Its almost like these people have zero principles or consistancy
Cracked me up when good ole loony-Bernie refused to endorse his own sons congressional bid, reason being he hates "dynasty politicians".
Appreciate 0