BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-16-2022, 05:40 PM   #23
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
Figure I'd give a quick update on my issue too. Had my motor mounts changed and now my vehicle is serene 🙌🏽 (I got them done for free from my INDY because of some issues with them, so they did not charge me)

The passenger side mount was busted. I'm guessing it's because it sits directly under the DPF, and it gets cooked. The bottom looks like it was rusted (looks bad). The driver one didn't look bad, just dirty. I'm sitting at 106k+\
Dang, I wouldn't have even thought about motor mounts with only 106K. I'm at 109K so I'll be paying attention. What exact symptoms did you have?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 05:44 PM   #24
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
Quote:
Figure I'd give a quick update on my issue too. Had my motor mounts changed and now my vehicle is serene 🙌🏽 (I got them done for free from my INDY because of some issues with them, so they did not charge me)

The passenger side mount was busted. I'm guessing it's because it sits directly under the DPF, and it gets cooked. The bottom looks like it was rusted (looks bad). The driver one didn't look bad, just dirty. I'm sitting at 106k+\
Dang, I wouldn't have even thought about motor mounts with only 106K. I'm at 109K so I'll be paying attention. What exact symptoms did you have?
Vibration at the steering wheel and the front doors when on idle. You can feel the vibration at the doors if you touch them. Those were my symptoms.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2022, 03:27 PM   #25
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Vibration at the steering wheel and the front doors when on idle. You can feel the vibration at the doors if you touch them. Those were my symptoms.
Good to know. I haven't noticed vibration at the doors around idle, but I'll def be on the lookout.
Appreciate 0