BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-12-2022, 09:30 AM   #5501
IonyM
Rep
Drives: F15

Can I find something to code to full bright triangle on night?

It's about F15 X5

Durring on Daylight, side assist from mirrors are very visible (fully bright), but when the system change on night time, side assist is very low visible.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:16 AM   #5502
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonyM View Post

It's about F15 X5

Durring on Daylight, side assist from mirrors are very visible (fully bright), but when the system change on night time, side assist is very low visible.

I don't think F15 had the blind spot monitor in the mirror glass it is in the housing usually, do you have G05 X5?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:24 AM   #5503
IonyM
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Quote:

It's about F15 X5

I don't think F15 had the blind spot monitor in the mirror glass it is in the housing usually, do you have G05 X5?
It is a F15 (mirrors from G05) 😬, but anyway, same thing with brightness from triangle
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:46 PM   #5504
MH20jy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 X5 35i

I want to code the following options.
1. change turn signal to 5
under BDC_Body I did not see this BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP.
2. open trunk using key fob and button on Driver side door.
I can't see HKFM module in esys.
can someone help me on this? my car is 18 x5 and i used latest tokenmaster esys v2.8.2
      01-14-2022, 05:33 PM   #5505
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:

It's about F15 X5

The brightness for the warning triangle is synched to the dash lighting brightness. If you turn the rheostat beside the headlight switch to low like when driving at night on rural roads then the triangle light is also dimmed.

Otherwise, if you turn the rheostat on full bright in the city you'll then get the triangle on full bright too.

Obviously too, if the rheostat is set somewhere in the middle then the triangle will be less than full bright but more than fully dimmed.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:11 AM   #5506
kmartin
Kmartin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M50d

Hi,anyone with an insight of how to code the door lock not to open when vehicle is in motion?Sought of an electric child lock?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 05:41 AM   #5507
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
It is a F15 (mirrors from G05) 😬, but anyway, same thing with brightness from triangle
Do you have a link for the p/n for the G05 mirrors? Is there a DIY for the install/cabling needed for the blind spot?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #5508
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin View Post
Hi,anyone with an insight of how to code the door lock not to open when vehicle is in motion?Sought of an electric child lock?
Are you asking how to "electronically" lock rear passengers in the car with no ability to open the doors? I don't think you can do that.

You can activate the child-locks on the rear doors...but you will ALWAYS have to open the rear doors from the outside to let rear passengers out.

Also, the lock-out button on the driver's master window switch prevents the rear passengers from being able to roll the windows down...I'm not sure if they lock the doors. Perhaps someone else who like to keep rear passengers captive can comment. I've never needed to use that feature.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 01:16 AM   #5509
kmartin
Kmartin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Are you asking how to "electronically" lock rear passengers in the car with no ability to open the doors? I don't think you can do that.

You can activate the child-locks on the rear doors...but you will ALWAYS have to open the rear doors from the outside to let rear passengers out.

Also, the lock-out button on the driver's master window switch prevents the rear passengers from being able to roll the windows down...I'm not sure if they lock the doors. Perhaps someone else who like to keep rear passengers captive can comment. I've never needed to use that feature.
No one is planning to hold rear passengers as captives .
i just want to add an extra safety feature ,so that the door can't unlock when the car is in motion,maybe even specify the speedlimits for operation.This will make sure the kids cannot unlock the door when the car is moving assuming the childlock is not activated.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 03:13 AM   #5510
garm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Hi Shawn
Can I get latest esys and PSdZData, Tokencode generator info?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 04:11 AM   #5511
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

I have my car coded with Bimmercode to remember seat ventilation setting and also have unlimited timer so when I start my car the seat ventilation comes on. The weird thing is, it only does this when using one of my keys, when I use the other key, the ventilation does not come on. I have tried re-coding at least 2 times with that key being used to turn on ignition and still no luck. All other coded options work with both keys.

Anyone ever had this issue?. Not just with seat ventilation in particular, but with any other coded feature not working with one of your keys.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:59 PM   #5512
caio123
Rep
Drives: 320i

shawnsheridan May I get the links to F15 e-sys ?
Thank you once again.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:56 AM   #5513
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
I have my car coded with Bimmercode to remember seat ventilation setting and also have unlimited timer so when I start my car the seat ventilation comes on. The weird thing is, it only does this when using one of my keys, when I use the other key, the ventilation does not come on. I have tried re-coding at least 2 times with that key being used to turn on ignition and still no luck. All other coded options work with both keys.

Anyone ever had this issue?. Not just with seat ventilation in particular, but with any other coded feature not working with one of your keys.
Have you tried copying working profile to non-working?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:38 AM   #5514
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by garm View Post
Hi Shawn
Can I get latest esys and PSdZData, Tokencode generator info?
Thanks
Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caio123 View Post
shawnsheridan May I get the links to F15 e-sys ?
Thank you once again.
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 04:14 PM   #5515
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Have you tried copying working profile to non-working?
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean. I have tried coding the functions with bimmercode with each key (used to turn on ignition) separately. Only one key retains that particular function. Is there some other copy function I can do to transfer key memory etc from one to another?.

Normally not a huge deal as I would just use the "working" key, but I kinda forgot that key while on a trip overseas and I won't be getting it back for weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 12:19 AM   #5516
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascotgrun View Post
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean. I have tried coding the functions with bimmercode with each key (used to turn on ignition) separately. Only one key retains that particular function. Is there some other copy function I can do to transfer key memory etc from one to another?.

Normally not a huge deal as I would just use the "working" key, but I kinda forgot that key while on a trip overseas and I won't be getting it back for weeks.
There is IDrive menu to switch profiles as well as you can export to USB drive and import.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #5517
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, thanks. Didn't think of driver profile as mine is the only one listed and all other settings (seat, lighting etc) stays the same regardless of key.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 04:29 PM   #5518
tlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 Msport

Anyone know how to enable video in motion for screen mirroring? The dvd video in motion works fine but I can’t get screen mirroring to stay on once I’m moving.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 12:33 PM   #5519
alta
Registered
Rep
Drives: '18 f15 x50i, '15 Macan S

I have some experience using esys for my f30 several years ago, and have recently tried using BimmerCode w my iphone on my f15. WOW, so much easier!

That said, some of my settings don't seem to be working. For example mirrors folding when locked. I also tried changing one of the ambient light levels to green, but no luck.

When something doesn't work, but BimmerCode shows the setting as having been changed, what is the likely cause or best process to troubleshoot? Is it generally that two settings are contradicting each other?

Any trouble shooting strategies you could share would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 03:12 PM   #5520
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta View Post
...some of my settings don't seem to be working:
  1. For example mirrors folding when locked.
  2. I also tried changing one of the ambient light levels to green, but no luck.

When something doesn't work, but BimmerCode shows the setting as having been changed, what is the likely cause or best process to troubleshoot? Is it generally that two settings are contradicting each other?

Any trouble shooting strategies you could share would be appreciated!
Yes, I would go back and reread the description in the Bimmercode app to make sure that I didn't overlook an additional setting...or if I misread/misinterpreted/misunderstood how the coding parameters work.

For example, on "certain" build dates...changing the ambient light color requires using one specific ambient light combo (I believe its the 1st one on the list). On my 2014 X5, it required changing the color combo at the top (ORANGE/ORANGE/ORANGE) if I want to create a new color that wasn't listed. This gives me the new color, but also takes away the one I would have to overwite.

In regard to the mirror folding upon lock...make sure there wasn't overlap with another coding feature that indicated a time interval to engage. Or if the coding was for just a specific method of locking. We have multiple ways of locking the vehicle depending on build date and options:
  1. convenience closing
  2. with the remote fob
  3. using the Comfort Access handle feature

You can see the areas that need to be coded if you want the mirrors to fold when locking the vehicle. If you code the mirrors to fold...but don't code convenience locking...the mirror may not fold. You need to cover all the bases for locking and folding.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-24-2022 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
alta7.50
      02-25-2022, 07:37 AM   #5521
alta
Registered
Rep
Drives: '18 f15 x50i, '15 Macan S

Fantastic reply; this helps a lot! Thank you for the detail and for taking the time.

Reinforces some of what i knew and reminds me to slow down and fully think through all the facets of a specific feature.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2022, 08:31 AM   #5522
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta View Post
Fantastic reply; this helps a lot! Thank you for the detail and for taking the time.

Reinforces some of what i knew and reminds me to slow down and fully think through all the facets of a specific feature.

Appreciate 0