01-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #23
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdoc View Post
I've seen a few people say they can make plenty of money. But I've not seen numbers. For those that owned bars, how much net profit goes into the bank at the end of the year?
Really there is no real answer for that...

It all depends on many factors. Rent, property taxes, bar size, alcohol sales, advertising, staff size/wages, materials, equipment repairs, list goes on and on. Also each year to the next is different...SARS almost killed us one year. Picture having a restaurant empty for a weeks straight and the cost associated with that. Then the recovery period.

My parents have made enough that they could have retired comfortably at 55. They are both 62 and my Dad is finally thinking about selling.

We are in a high traffic area with relatively low rent/property taxes. Lease is 10 years at a time. 18 tables, 68 seats, alcohol sales make up 75% of revenue. We are situated in close proximity to a retirement home, medical offices, apartment buildings, funeral home, church and shopping. All send customers our way.

Again a lot of factors go into making a restaurant/bar successful. Hussle, ingenuity and good business sense help, but don't guarantee success.
Appreciate 0