BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2016, 01:35 AM   #45
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1
Looks like a winner. Wanna see the benghazi movie 13 hours too.
Yes! Can't wait for the Benghazi movie.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 05:44 AM   #46
jimj911
When the F#$% did we get ice cream?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
I'm gonna donkey punch the mail lady. No mail today at all
One of my all time fav pics
Attached Images

'08 BMW 335i, Dinan Stage 2
'14 BMW 535d Xdrive Msport, Stage 2
'14 Dodge 3500 Cummins Longhorn dually
'15 BMW X5M
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #47
protecon
*May contain nuts
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M MCB

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #48
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Too bad Jon Bernthal wasn't in the movie that long. That being said, getting the shit beat out of him by Alejandro was great!
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #49
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

01-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #50
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up Sequel in The Works!!!

This is AWESOME news!

Quote:
‘Sicario’ Sequel in the Works at Lionsgate
(EXCLUSIVE)

Lionsgate is developing a sequel to “Sicario” that will center on Benicio Del Toro’s mysterious hitman.

The project is being overseen by Taylor Sheridan, the writer of the acclaimed thriller. Director Denis Villeneuve is also involved, although it’s early in the process and it’s not clear if he would come on board to direct. Black Label Media, which backed “Sicario,” is co-financing the development of a follow-up.

“Before the release of this movie, I was talking to Denis and I said what happened to this character?” said Patrick Wachsberger, co-chair of the studio’s motion picture group. “Where is Benicio going?”

The studio executive was thrilled Monday after “Sicario” debuted to a sizzling $401,288 last weekend from just six theaters. Its per-screen average of $66,881 is the highest of the year.

The film centers on a steely FBI agent (Emily Blunt) who finds herself involved in an off-the-books operation to bring down a Mexican drug kingpin. Josh Brolin co-stars as a morally flexible government operative. Lionsgate is planning an Oscar campaign, Wachsberger said.

“This movie has multiple Oscar potential — best movie, best director, best cinematography, best music, and, of course, the actors,” he said. “All of the characters feel real.”

He added that he hoped that “Sicario” with its eerie shots of nighttime raids and violent border confrontations might finally score an Oscar for Roger Deakins, who is zero for twelve despite nominations for the likes of “Unbroken,” “Fargo,” and “Skyfall,” calling the award, “past due.”

Wachsberger also agreed with critics who have been predicting Oscar love for Blunt and calling her performance as tough agent forced to question her beliefs one of the finest of her career.

“She is totally credible,” said Wachsberger. “You end the movie wondering what’s going to happen? What happen to her character? Is she becoming a wolf?”
      01-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #51
lorinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3; i3 rex; e46 M3 vert

It's available from Redbox. Saw it the other day. I thought it was a very good movie.

I loved Alejandro (Del Toro). My only thought was that it seemed unlikely that he went from a criminal prosecutor to Rambo?
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan exhaust | Dinan software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10.5 et 15 | Hankook Ventus V12 255/30/20 and 295/25/20 | Red BBS Racing lug nut kit | H&R Sport springs |
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #52
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorinzo View Post
It's available from Redbox. Saw it the other day. I thought it was a very good movie.

I loved Alejandro (Del Toro). My only thought was that it seemed unlikely that he went from a criminal prosecutor to Rambo?
hahaha!!! No shit.
      01-07-2016, 03:03 PM   #53
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I'm no "gun head" by any stretch but do own 2 Springfield handguns.

Does anyone know the name and type of firearm Benecio has in the above pic during the border shootout?
      01-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #54
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Hk 94 SD. Silenced 9mm semi/full auto with an aim point red dot site aND a rail system. But what do I know.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 01-07-2016 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #55
imserious
Major
Rep

As much as I loved the movie, I'm not excited about a sequel. I felt like this movie was a statement. A wakeup call to the violence that we ignore in America, but is very real, lurking in the shadows. It was a tight blend of statement, story and art.

It made an impression and I think it served its purpose. As awesome as Del Toro's character was, I'm not concerned with his story arc, because I don't think that was the point. I don't care what happens to Blunt's character because it feels like it was supposed to be ambiguous. It was supposed to show you just how morally confusing it is fighting the drug cartels. How it messes people up and leaves them confused. This was a movie where everyone lost. There were no winners. That was kind of the message I think.

Side note. That pic above with the soldiers walking towards the tunnels for the night raid is probably my favorite piece of cinematography in the film. You see the soldiers start marching their way down the screen as light turns to dark. You then only see their silhouettes and then you see nothing. This and the brooding music give you a real sense that these men are descending into hell. That was master class stuff right there. Really 3 dimensional; direction, color, music.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #56
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
As much as I loved the movie, I'm not excited about a sequel. I felt like this movie was a statement. A wakeup call to the violence that we ignore in America, but is very real, lurking in the shadows. It was a tight blend of statement, story and art.

It made an impression and I think it served its purpose. As awesome as Del Toro's character was, I'm not concerned with his story arc, because I don't think that was the point. I don't care what happens to Blunt's character because it feels like it was supposed to be ambiguous. It was supposed to show you just how morally confusing it is fighting the drug cartels. How it messes people up and leaves them confused. This was a movie where everyone lost. There were no winners. That was kind of the message I think.

Side note. That pic above with the soldiers walking towards the tunnels for the night raid is probably my favorite piece of cinematography in the film. You see the soldiers start marching their way down the screen as light turns to dark. You then only see their silhouettes and then you see nothing. This and the brooding music give you a real sense that these men are descending into hell. That was master class stuff right there. Really 3 dimensional; direction, color, music.
I respect your opinion (as we all should one another) but I disagree.

Now keep in mind, I am a HUGE film head and love "character development". Benecio's character by far is the most impactful (and also for me the most important. Some might argue for Blunts) Why? We already know Emily is a veteran and leader of a FBI Task Squad. Benecio however, is much more complex and mysterious. We know that his wife and daughter were brutality murdered by the Cartel. We have a guess as to why but not exactly. We also don't know what his function(s) were/was prior to his current "Consultant/Hitman" role. I want to know much more about:
1. his beginnings
2. was he himself part of the Colombian cartel? Was he an enforcer for them or a mid-level boss himself?
3. how he ultimately became involved with the U.S. and CIA?
4. his wife and daughter
5. Some more details of his brutal and bloody path leading to the face to face with El Jefe.

So yeah... I am all in for a sequel! Especially with all or most of the original producers, writers and director on board.
      01-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #57
imserious
Major
Rep

Agreed. I will be much more interested in a sequel if the original team stays onboard, namely the writer and director.

If it is an all new crew then I have a feeling the studio is just trying to cash in on an unexpected hit and the likelihood of a good sequel is low.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #58
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Just finished watching this after much build up and didn't love it. Was expecting more I guess. I see what they did for the most part and left me wondering about our govt but isn't something I will watch repeatedly like say unforgiven or no country for old men.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 02:20 AM   #59
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Del Toro was pretty bad ass in the movie. Emily Blunt wasn't needed in the movie. All she did was get in the way, whine, cry, and annoy. Sort of like Off-Topic. Pretty good movie overall.
I agree but the whole point of her was to distract the audience from the real point of the movie. It wasn't about Emily Blunt's character though that's what you were led to believe, the movie was about CIA operations and BDT's character.

Threw me for a loop as well as the movie seems to start and focus on her.....but she was just a pawn just like one of those prop actors on the Highway... This movie was about Josh Brolin and BDT and what they do in the CIA, they threw the pretty girl in there for us to wait for her to do some bad ass shit.....but you see in the last seen with Blunt, who the movie was really about, Benicio. And to be fair they kind of told us at the beginning of the movie Sicario means hitman....

She did an excellent job portraying her character but Alejandro is the effing man.

Last edited by Blksnowflake; 01-09-2016 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #60
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Glad I saw this thread. Just watched it.. Amazing movie.

Revenant was good but a little slow.

I also really liked The Big Short
      01-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #61
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I just watched it in DirecTV PPV. I thought it was good for the most part, but not better than 3/5. (Obviously I'm in the minority here.)

There were some great scenes including getting stuck in traffic at the border, Del Toro showing up when the dirty cop (guy from TWD) was about to kill Blunt, the tunnel and, of course, Del Toro catching up with the guy that killed his wife and daughter and returning the favor. I can't think of another movie where I liked Del Toro's acting or his character better.

On the negative side, I thought Blunt's character was so weak as to not be needed in the movie at all. There was no reason for her to be on the team and ultimately she served no purpose other than being a minor annoyance. She neither (a) struggled only to ultimately get aligned with the team nor (b) felt so strongly as to blow the whistle. She was just sort of there so her story and participation fell far short IMO.
      01-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #62
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I'm no "gun head" by any stretch but do own 2 Springfield handguns.

Does anyone know the name and type of firearm Benecio has in the above pic during the border shootout?
HK MP5A3
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #63
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Just watched it last night.

I really like the Juarez trip scene.
      01-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #64
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I enjoyed the movie but I agree that no sequel is needed.

It isn't supposed to be a a movie about the protagonists. It's about sending a message about all the messed up stuff in the drug wars. The movie does a great job about showing that. Visually it is pretty stunning as well.

It is not a movie to build a franchise on... but knowing Hollywood, they'll milk everything for all its worth until there's nothing left.
      01-15-2016, 01:04 PM   #65
Its_lobelt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I just watched it in DirecTV PPV. I thought it was good for the most part, but not better than 3/5. (Obviously I'm in the minority here.)

There were some great scenes including getting stuck in traffic at the border, Del Toro showing up when the dirty cop (guy from TWD) was about to kill Blunt, the tunnel and, of course, Del Toro catching up with the guy that killed his wife and daughter and returning the favor. I can't think of another movie where I liked Del Toro's acting or his character better.

On the negative side, I thought Blunt's character was so weak as to not be needed in the movie at all. There was no reason for her to be on the team and ultimately she served no purpose other than being a minor annoyance. She neither (a) struggled only to ultimately get aligned with the team nor (b) felt so strongly as to blow the whistle. She was just sort of there so her story and participation fell far short IMO.
Same here. My cousin and I watched this movie together and nothing annoyed us more than her presence. Absolutely no reason for her to be in the movie lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #66
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiipilot View Post
HK MP5A3
And one of the technical miscues in an otherwise good movie.
Appreciate 0