BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2022, 02:25 AM   #133
parasnake
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i

I just ordered the slip in tips for F85, but the green circle part is blocking when I try to slip
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:49 AM   #134
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikNala View Post
Just installed mine as well from the same company. I bent and broke off a couple tabs so I used Permatex Muffler and Tailpipe sealer between the outside of the stock tips and inside of the new tips. They are bonded for life as well as friction fit.
How can you fit the tip in your existing tips ? This green circle is blocking me to slipping on to the existing tips
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:53 AM   #135
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP709 View Post
For those that were following to hear about the exhaust tips from alibaba. I've never seen the mode ones but I wouldn't doubt they are identical. I ordered on 10/30/20 and received them today. They were well packaged and quality appears to be good. I followed the original write up (link in this thread) , clipped all the tabs and had them installed in about 10min. I got the black chrome finish ones. I guess I could've ordered the chrome/silver ones and Powdercoated them but didn't feel like getting out my setup and firing up the oven. They look pretty good and overall I'm happy with them. Attached are a few pics.
How could you deal with the green circle area? I can't slip on because the green circle part is blocking me , how to do it ? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:56 AM   #136
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP709 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab23 View Post
If you're going to do it, be sure to look at the posts form BP709 in this thread. He found them much cheaper!
Pics of the ones off AliExpress installed.
How could you deal with the green circle area? I can't slip on because the green circle part is blocking me , how to do it ? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:57 AM   #137
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M TTFUN View Post
Just installed a set of Mode exhaust tips in black chrome. Very easy to install and makes it look so much better!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:58 AM   #138
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
Does anyone have a before and after closeup pics on X6M/X5M?
There are some decent pics in the link I posted from the original person who did this. I would take some more for you, but mine are now covered in crap from the snow storm and the road salt. Won't have decent enough weather to clean until the end of the week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 03:03 AM   #139
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M TTFUN View Post
Just installed a set of Mode exhaust tips in black chrome. Very easy to install and makes it look so much better!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 09:02 AM   #140
jcm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 07 911 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasnake View Post
Just need to use a soft mallet and they will slip on once the tabs are cut. Might need to smack them a little
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 05:28 PM   #141
jab23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
I just ordered the slip in tips for F85, but the green circle part is blocking when I try to slip
Sorry, just seeing your PM. They definitely take a little effort to get started, but should slip right on. I did mine completely by hand if memory serves. Once you cut the ends of the tabs, you can flatten out the metal inside a bit to make it easier. I don't think that part you circled should get in the way at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 09:22 PM   #142
S EyeLand
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Quote:
pLeez REpEtE 1 moar thyme
Appreciate 1
9vapors648.00
      09-02-2022, 02:25 AM   #143
parasnake
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, just seeing your PM. They definitely take a little effort to get started, but should slip right on. I did mine completely by hand if memory serves. Once you cut the ends of the tabs, you can flatten out the metal inside a bit to make it easier. I don't think that part you circled should get in the way at all.
Thanks for the reply, I mean the green circle part is blocking me to slip it on to the existing tips, because the green circle is popping out make the inlet " mouth" smaller. I can't even get to the tab part yet, the green circle is stopping me from the beginning.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2022, 07:17 PM   #144
jab23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Dang. Wish I could help. Mine had the piece you circled as well, but still fit fine. Only thing I can think of is maybe you got a smaller diameter tip to begin with?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:11 AM   #145
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

Silly question

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I mean the green circle part is blocking me to slip it on to the existing tips, because the green circle is popping out make the inlet " mouth" smaller. I can't even get to the tab part yet, the green circle is stopping me from the beginning.
Just making sure you have the longer portion up top?
Appreciate 0