BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-21-2020, 08:03 PM   #23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmws

Quote:
Originally Posted by guntur View Post
I purchased this vehicle today and brought home 😄 Thank you all for your inputs.

- Dealer quoted platinum extended warranty (wrap) for 7 years/100K miles as 5500$, and this warranty is effective from service date June 2016. In short, this price is for only 2 years 3 months because CPO extended warranty expires in June 2021.

-Dealer said bmw provides warranty only based on service date but not based on purchase date and only third party warranties provide based on purchase date.

- Dealer also mentioned that BMW offers extended warranty for CPO vehicles only if the mileage is below 40K and the vehicle need to be re-inspected if I want to get extended warranty at later point and inspection cost would be around 499$

- I also got quote for Maintenance package for 36M/75K miles as 2700$ + refresh cost 750$.

- BMW Tire & Wheel protection for 5 years is 1500$

I declined all of these and have an option to opt within 30 days. I will call above mentioned dealers for warranty & maintenance package options.
Congrats on the X5!! Your dealer is wrong again theres no such thing as mile restriction when it comes to extending a CPO vehicle with BMW warranty it should be 72months/unlimited miles or 84months/unlimited miles do yourself a favor and call a dealer that specializes in warranty
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:10 PM   #24
guntur
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
Congrats! Welcome to the club and enjoy the F15!
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #25
guntur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guntur View Post
I purchased this vehicle today and brought home 😄 Thank you all for your inputs.

- Dealer quoted platinum extended warranty (wrap) for 7 years/100K miles as 5500$, and this warranty is effective from service date June 2016. In short, this price is for only 2 years 3 months because CPO extended warranty expires in June 2021.

-Dealer said bmw provides warranty only based on service date but not based on purchase date and only third party warranties provide based on purchase date.

- Dealer also mentioned that BMW offers extended warranty for CPO vehicles only if the mileage is below 40K and the vehicle need to be re-inspected if I want to get extended warranty at later point and inspection cost would be around 499$

- I also got quote for Maintenance package for 36M/75K miles as 2700$ + refresh cost 750$.

- BMW Tire & Wheel protection for 5 years is 1500$

I declined all of these and have an option to opt within 30 days. I will call above mentioned dealers for warranty & maintenance package options.
Congrats on the X5!! Your dealer is wrong again theres no such thing as mile restriction when it comes to extending a CPO vehicle with BMW warranty it should be 72months/unlimited miles or 84months/unlimited miles do yourself a favor and call a dealer that specializes in warranty
Thank you, will check with other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:42 PM   #26
Reign2016
Private
Rep
Drives: space gray xDrive35i MSport

Nice! Good luck with the car man. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #27
guntur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign2016 View Post
Nice! Good luck with the car man. Enjoy.
Thanks 😊
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #28
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
I think you made the right decision guntur . I went from a 2014 MDX with Technology and Advance packages, to my current F15 50i. It's multiple huge steps up, in so many ways. The F15 is built for someone who likes to drive and just happens to need an SUV. The MDX is built for someone who needs an SUV and is willing to pay a premium for a gussied-up Honda Pilot.
      02-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #29
guntur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I think you made the right decision guntur . I went from a 2014 MDX with Technology and Advance packages, to my current F15 50i. It's multiple huge steps up, in so many ways. The F15 is built for someone who likes to drive and just happens to need an SUV. The MDX is built for someone who needs an SUV and is willing to pay a premium for a gussied-up Honda Pilot.
well said, thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 08:29 PM   #30
guntur
Rep

Hello guys,

I have an observation after driving the car last couple days (may be 2-3 days so far). I feel like car (2016 X5 RWD) has a little bit shaky ride, not noticeable in higher speeds, but on low speeds in local roads.

My X5 has M Sport package (20" M Double-spoke wheels, style 469M with performance run-flat tires), 3rd row with air suspension also the dealer confirmed that they replaced the tires the day before I was picking up the vehicle (but I don't see that showing up in carfax report yet). He also showed some marks on the tires to prove that they are brand new. So I am not sure if it's the way the car runs based on M Sport/3rd row air suspension but wanted to check with you all and see if you can help me on clearing this.

Apart from above I love everything else about the car.

I use my other 325i for alternative days commute and it has hard steering wheel, I miss that in X5 but it's not bad.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0