BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #45
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

Is it me or does it resemble cashmere silver or Orion silver which both are more gold then silver or grey.
      03-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #46
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ddd View Post
the color it is what it is. I find it strange to listen to excuses /comments constantly. oh its inside lets get a shot outside. oh its cloudy. oh its next to this next to that. sound like trying too hard to fit the color into some environment to make it look good just for that 5 minute of fame.

either way nothing against the person buying in that color.
Or….. people are just trying to get a feel for what it looks like in person, but right now are only able to do so through their computer. If you find it strange that colors look different in different lighting, and present differently in pictures as a result of that lighting, the camera being used, the screens they're using to view the forum, etc… I find it strange that you were able to type on this inter web.

Just about every color outside of pure black or white looks different in different lighting, to some degree, and in some cases quite drastically. You can see from these pics, it looks completely different from the inside pics compared to the outside pics. Lots of comments and questions asking if it is as gold/beige as it looks inside because that's how it looks inside, yet outside looks like a more pure gray. That could be the result of the artificial lighting, reflections, the camera (numerous possibilities just within the camera), etc.. or could just be that there actually is a gold tint that isn't seen in the outside shots.

So no, "it is what it is" doesn't really apply here. I find nothing wrong with car enthusiasts expressing interest in….. cars.

Last edited by chrisny; 03-18-2015 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #47
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone View Post
The original X6 looked much better in the front. This one seems forced just to create a design variation.
I was thinking this too. Probably the result of the M sport package not leaving much room left to differentiate. Some aspects about the grille on the ///M's (x5 and x6) I like better than the M sport for sure, but in some ways, too busy just for the sake of differentiating (or so we assume..). I have two M sports in my garage, but I have a love hate relationship with both. The cars certainly do look better, but I still don't like that it's offered lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #48
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

What a beast
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #49
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Nice, LOVE the color
      03-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #50
335ddd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Or….. people are just trying to get a feel for what it looks like in person, but right now are only able to do so through their computer. If you find it strange that colors look different in different lighting, and present differently in pictures as a result of that lighting, the camera being used, the screens they're using to view the forum, etc… I find it strange that you were able to type on this inter web.

Just about every color outside of pure black or white looks different in different lighting, to some degree, and in some cases quite drastically. You can see from these pics, it looks completely different from the inside pics compared to the outside pics. Lots of comments and questions asking if it is as gold/beige as it looks inside because that's how it looks inside, yet outside looks like a more pure gray. That could be the result of the artificial lighting, reflections, the camera (numerous possibilities just within the camera), etc.. or could just be that there actually is a gold tint that isn't seen in the outside shots.

So no, "it is what it is" doesn't really apply here. I find nothing wrong with car enthusiasts expressing interest in….. cars.
I see your point. Personally if I would order this color it would be based on press shots or color samples. I wouldn't care if it turned gold inside unless it was real gold or looked dark grey (sterling grey) on a cloudy day. It is what it is. I wouldn't like it any less. My assumption this color is made to look its best on a sunny day as in the press shots. Its not like less or more beige under a certain light and in some random garage or when sending pics with my phone will sway me from picking this color. In press shots it looked great and I hope one day I can afford it. Also I do appreciate the person posting these pics since it confirms that the grey color has a liquid metal aspect to it.
And I swear that dress was black and blue but wait maybe gold

Last edited by 335ddd; 03-18-2015 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #51
XZLR8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

Well, that's it. Decision made. Gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #52
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

I see your point. Personally if I would order this color it would be based on press shots or color samples. I wouldn't care if it turned gold inside unless it was real gold or looked dark grey (sterling grey) on a cloudy day. It is what it is. I wouldn't like it any less. My assumption this color is made to look its best on a sunny day as in the press shots. Its not like less or more beige under a certain light and in some random garage or when sending pics with my phone will sway me from picking this color. In press shots it looked great and I hope one day I can afford it. Also I do appreciate the person posting these pics since it confirms that the grey color has a liquid metal aspect to it.
And I swear that dress was black and blue but wait maybe gold
I don't think it was really a matter of more or less beige as much as beige at all. Enough people have confirmed it by now, but initially, it could have just been lighting in the garage causing it look like it has beige tones that didn't exist. Again, I think we now know differently, but that's why people asked..

Personally, so many colors lately have such different characteristics in different lighting, it makes sense to see it in person if you can. For those that can't, asking the questions and seeing as many different pics as possible is all you can do. Ex some of the blacks like carbon black that aren't actually black at all. Imagine ordering it based on pics without direct sun, where it looked black.., then picking it up and wondering why it's blue lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #53
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

Between this and Long Beach Blue, it is a tough choice
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #54
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
After months and months of anticipation, I have finally had the chance to see this color in person. Pictures do not do it justice at all.

Attachment 1175870

Attachment 1175871

Attachment 1175872

Attachment 1175873

Attachment 1175874

Attachment 1175875

Attachment 1175876

Attachment 1175877

Perfection!
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #55
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Love it. This color reminds me of one of the grays available on the E39 ///M5. I think it was called Sterling Gray.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #56
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Fantastic color combination!
Appreciate 0