BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #221
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Talking

Since many members keep asking on the forums and through PMs, I thought I would create this since we don't have a coding section. Feel free to add your coding information and cheat sheets here so we can at least have a coding thread/discussion in one place. If I forget anything or need to correct anything, just let me know .

References:
  1. Coding general website for all coding info: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
  2. Coders by location: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=693949
  3. Step By Step Coding Guide: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=631884
  4. E-Sys Step by Step installation guide: http://www.4shared.com/office/1nEqpe...Instructi.html

Coding prerequisites:
  1. ENET cable
    • You will first need an ENET OBD2 Cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201069740077. This is the one I bought. The guy's name is Antonio. He usually sends a link to ESYS and psdzdata files download links upon purchase via email- I don't know where he gets his links, but I know the downloads are supposed to be free and shared with the community. You can also PM @r33 for the latest software of both or shawnsheridan on bimmerfest (both are great guys and have very knowledgeable information regarding coding). The E-Sys software zip file comes with installation procedure. You can either use this and install or you can follow steps specified in the step by step guide. If you download these softwares, you can skip the below 2,3 number bullets which are same.
    • Also, if your laptop does not have an ethernet port (most ultrabook/slim laptops/latest Macbooks tend not to have this port anymore), you will need a usb to ethernet adapter. I work with my Surface Pro 3 so I needed this adapter. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Gigab...rnet+pluggable. You can also use the USB 2.0 ones as well, which are cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Ether...rnet+pluggable
  2. E-Sys software 3.18.4 or greater with EST token and password (detailed below in Token section)
  3. psdzdata 47.4 or greater
  4. A dedicated laptop with Windows XP (preferred) or Windows 7 with minimum 44 GB of free space (see below if you have Mac)

What if I have Mac?

Running ESYS on Mac through Windows Virtualization because ESYS is a Windows platform only (thanks @wdimagineer, @Hang0ver, @MattBianco):
  1. Paid Parallels software to do virtualization.
  2. Free Oracle Virtualbox to do virtualization.
  3. Free VMware to do virtualization.
  4. Free Apple Bootcamp dual desktop: In Mac setup Bootcamp (pre installed, free), then install Windows (need to purchase a copy/license?)

Remote support for coding:
  1. Team Viewer (Free). Just download the full version for windows or mac, then select home/personal use (this is the free version), and proceed to install. From there, anyone can help you pretty much including myself/@hang0ver in case you get confused on where to install the data files etc.
  2. Logmein also works across operating systems, for screen sharing and control. The basic service is free, and even has an smartphone/tablet app that lets you control the destination.

EST Token and password:

This is the .est file. Sometimes it comes with a .jar file depending - this is explained in the coding guide. Get the token from f x x t o k e n m a s t e r (at) gmail (dot) com (there's no spaces between anything, I just put that there because no emails are allowed in forums and replace @ and .). He will give you a choice between 1-3 year tokens. He knows a lot so just ask him what's best for you. (I'm not sure if I need to remove that email, but if so I will; just look up token master and you'll see many posts by him in bimmerfest and his email).

Coding cheat sheet(credits to @r33):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0

Initialization and Connection:
  1. Open up E-Sys and let it load.
  2. Connect ENET cable between car's OBD2 port located directly above the left foot rest in the driver's feet area and network port of laptop.
  3. Switch on the ignition of the car.
  4. You will notice laptop tries to connect to the car. Wait a few minutes until the network icon on laptop shows a Connection with the yellow exclamation point over it.
  5. Select Target Connection F025 via VIN in ESYS - this way it will read your car directly. Don't select F025_DIRECT direct. Select "Connection via VIN" and press Connect.
  6. Click OK when connection established.

Coding Steps (Always do VO coding first and then FDL coding because VO coding overwrites FDL coded values. Scroll down for VO coding.):

1. Connect to car if you haven't done already.

2. Select "Expert Mode" on the left pane and click on "Coding" button.

3. In Vehicle Order Box (upper left), click on "Read" button., it would display FA of your car.

4. Right click on it and "Activate FA". You will see a green active text next to FA. Also FP will open on the right side.

5. Go to SVT Actual Box (right pane, midway down) and click on "Read ECU" button.

6. SVT box will display SVT of different modules of your car, some with green bullets. These green CAFD files are of our interest.

7. To make sure you don't mess up with other files, you can filter for CAFD files in the right bottom most SVT Filter dropdown selection box (this is optional and for your comfort).

8. Right click on required green CAFD and click on "Read Coding data". After codes are read, green icon will change into a folder icon.

9. Check the folder "C:\ESysData\CAF", this will contain all the read CAFD files.

10. Copy and Save all the files in a safe place. These are your original CAFD files.

11. Expand the folder of any read CAFD of a module that you would like to edit with the changes as shown on the cheat file.

12. Right click on the CAFD file and click "Edit FDL". Enter the pin if asked.

13. Open the module you wanted to edit, click on the Functionen folder,
ausgelessen folder of the selected function will show the current settings.

14. Change them as per Cheat Sheet and Save. You can use the search box above to find the right function. Always search by selecting the required module (i.e., 3000 or 3001, etc). Search function works top down from selection point and if you search by selecting a function in the middle, all the functions above it in the same module will be ignored as the search is top down.

15. To be on the safer side, edit only one module at a time.

16. After making all changes in the module as per the cheat sheet for that function, save and go back by pressing top extreme left green arrow "back" button.

17. Select the edited CAFD file on SVT box and Click on "Code FDL" in coding box on right.

18. Coding process will start and should end with no errors.

19. Great, you coded one module. Disconnect E-Sys by clicking on top Connect button which is showing a red x. You are done.

20. Test the car for the changed feature. Some features require 15 -30 minutes to get activated where as some are instant and few need you to switch off the and lock the car and unlock and start.

Quick tips:
  1. Make sure under E-Sys => Options => Settings => Program tab => Memory Requirement => RAM is set to 1024 or you will likely be unable to read BDC. Do NOT use anything larger than 1024, or E-Sys will be unable to Open, and you will have to reinstall it.
  2. In order to avoid any VCM update errors (this does not affect your coding), go to the top of ESYS and click Options > Settings > Options tab. UNCHECK BOTH "Update VCM after TAL execution" and "Update MSM after TAL execution." This is what I had read a while back by @shawnsheridan for our F15 coding. I had unchecked these when I first installed ESYS but forgot to list this. EVERYONE MAKE SURE TO DO THIS so you avoid VCM update error codes like the one @Hang0ver got on post #146. Even if you get an error, it does not harm your coding; to avoid this error, just uncheck those two options I mentioned.
  3. When you connect - you connect via your VIN using the ENET cable and your computer. The Target connection is F25 since the F15 uses similar coding to the X3. Don't select the _DIRECT target version. That's only for use with MOTOR coding/modules, which you won't ever need or use unless something is really messed up and you get an advanced coder to help you reset your motor etc.
  4. RIGHT CLICK to activate each folder or read each folder or code each module - DO NOT by any means CODE Default Values or CODE a whole folder - when you right click to CODE, do it for the individual module you are editing only.

VO Coding:

VO Coding is permanent coding. We use this for things like adding or removing FA codes (eg: 6WB (digital display instrument cluster), 5AP, and 8S4 (LED lighting for anti-dazzle). Here is a PDF on how to VO code: http://www.4shared.com/office/pKbWJC..._MWPos__8.html. ALWAYS do VO CODING first before doing any FDL coding because it will change everything back to factory settings for whichever folder you have VO Coded. One correction in the PDF for F15 is in the last page. Instead of Read SVT, you need to Read ECU. If you read SVT, you will get an error.

Clear All DTCs/Error codes through ESYS:
  1. Connect with your OBD2 cable. AC power only on for your car by tapping START once.
  2. Open up ESYS.
  3. Select External Applications tab on the left.
  4. Select External Application followed by Transmitter.
  5. Make sure you connect first with the CONNECT button.
  6. Scroll all the way down this list and you will see "Clear All DTCs" at the very end (should be the longest line of them all). Double click it and it will start clearing your codes.
  7. Disconnect with the button, close ESYS and shut off your engine. Wait for 30-60 seconds, turn your engine on.

Always make sure you do this carefully. Don't ever CODE a whole folder because it might code default settings of the F25 target. This is only for VO coding. Only CODE FDL for each CAFD that you edit. If you have any questions down the road, feel free to PM me . I know it's quite a bit of reading, but don't let it intimidate you in the slightest. It's very straightforward. However, there's no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to this sorta stuff, so don't hesitate to ask. Good luck .

CODING that may NOT be in @r33's cheat sheet: if you guys have/find more, just PM me or add to this thread and I will edit the OP page for these codes.

1. Anti-Dazzle LED Lighting (thank you @skalberti and @shawnsheridan - I also did some of my own reading to better explain the FLA module): Remove 5AP and 8S4 from the FA and CODE (right click the folder and select code) KAFAS2 or FLA3, BDC_BODY, LHM, and TMS. If you don't have the KAFAS2 folder under ECU in ESYS, that means you do not have the KAFAS camera but most likely you have the HBA stand-alone camera below your rear view mirror if you have LED Lighting Package. KAFAS2 folder is usually present in vehicles with Lane Assist Package. If this is the case, you must CODE FLA3 folder instead. For the full description, refer to post #107: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=107. We have discussed the features from post 107-112 (pages 5-6) of this thread. Thank you to @shawnsheridan and @Hang0ver for bringing this to my attention . Bi-Xenon has the capability for HBA (if you have it) and Visual Light Distribution. You can read about this as well in posts 107-112.

Videos of Anti-Dazzle LED Lighting (thank you @Catflap):
a) https://www.dropbox.com/s/efyfe742hf...D%27s.mp4?dl=0
b) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct88fwnowu...s%202.mp4?dl=0

2. Stop Flickering of Custom LED Turn Signal Bulbs: This flickering occurs for the Bi-Xenon headlight turn signals when you first start up your vehicle and may resume every 2-3 minutes depending. The vehicle is checking for burnt bulbs. To turn this test off, you simply change these 6 values (3 for each light) in BDC_Body (tip: search "fra" and you will find all of these easily in Esys within BDC_Body folder):
  1. FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  2. FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  3. FRA_V_L_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv to aktiv
  4. FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  5. FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  6. FRA_V_R_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

3. Driver/Passenger Seat Belt Coding (thank you @shawnsheridan): This disables the classic annoying BMW chime when you don't put your seat belt on for both driver and passenger and also removes the little red guy and warning message in the instrument cluster. There are 7 total located in ACSM>3000. 2-4 of the last ones might be in3001 or 3002 in folder that deals with SeatBelt; just check by searching "SBR" and "SPW" because it's been a while since I coded these:
  1. Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  2. Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  3. Initialwarnung_GWF_IW: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  4. SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_BF (aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer): aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  5. SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA (aka SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer): aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  6. SPW_BF (aka SBR_PreWarning_Beifahrer): aktiv to nicht_aktiv
  7. SPW_FA (aka SBR_PreWarning_Fahrer): aktiv to nicht_aktiv

4. Auto Start Stop OFF by Default in Comfort Mode: Comfort mode should remember your last setting when you turn off your car, but I hate this feature (especially after reading a while back how it may create more wear and tear on the engine in city driving with lots of lights/stop signs). I also don't use it in Eco-Pro but this code won't turn it off in Eco-Pro mode because it's supposed to maximize fuel efficiency by turning off the engine. It is located in BDC_Body>3026:

TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

5. Cell Phone Ringtone Plays Through Car Bluetooth Upon Receiving Call: pretty self-explanatory. This is located in HU_NBT>3001.

INBAND_RINGING: nicht_aktiv to aktiv / Werte=01

6. Enhanced Bluetooth (thank you @skalberti for 6-12): For EBT enhanced Bluetooth, first unpair and delete all bluetooth connections. Then simply add 6NS to your VO and then VO code HU_NBT, you do not need to remove anything from the VO first. Now go to Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. Now pair devices. If you are pairing 2 phones, the first one should be selected as Telephone 1 during pairing and the second one needs to be selected as Telephone 2 for both phones to work at same time.

7. Rain Light Sensor Reduced Sensitivity:

BDC_BODY > 3130 Pf RainLightSensor, 0C > RLS_DEF_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ > change standard to unempfindlich

8. Dimming Side View Mirrors:
  1. BDC_BODY > 3120 Pf InternalMirror 22 > CODDT_00_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN Current > change wert 20 to wert 39
  2. BDC_BODY > 3120 Pf InternalMirror 22 > CODDT_01_SCAL_DIM_ECR_LIN > change wert 20 to wert 39

9. TLC Coding for Road Edge Detection:

KAFAS > 3020 TLC Coding 0B >ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED > change DISABLED to DETECTION_FOR_GRASS_EDGE_AND_CURB_STONE

10. Changing the # of Turn Signal Blinks: This is for the light tap when you hit the indicator. The default # is 3 blinks (werte = 02). # of blinks = werte value + 1. So, if you want 5 blinks, werte = 04.

LceMaster > 3068 > BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP > Werte = (your desired amount, default is 02 (3 blinks))

11. Emergency Stop Signal/Flashing Brakes: This is when your rear brake lights flashing during a sudden emergency braking (this needs to be tested, not sure if we have the bulbs to make this work). To test, slam on your brakes driving about 50mph, preferably with someone behind you that knows what you're about to do. If you don't get a check bulb error on your dash this should work.

LceMaster > 3068 > ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG > bremslicht blinkend

12. FLA Active When Headlights Manually On: This turns on your FLA not only in the auto light setting, but also when you manually turn the headlights on.

LceMaster > 3068 > FLA_AKTIVIERUNG > change "LDS in A" to "LDS in A or 2"

Last edited by Hang0ver; 10-07-2014 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #222
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
No, there is not. I asked about this a long time ago as well.
Ah man, at least they should have enabled that. Oh well it means I am going to have to keep pressing sport every single time. That button will wear fast.

Quote:
If anyone has any suggestions to better improve the OP instructions, feel free to let me know. I'm always happy to make it easier for everyone.
Make a video!
      10-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #223
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

@Hang0ver, thank you very much for taking the time to organize that and adding the coding steps I had explained to you in person - it definitely makes things easier for people to understand. There are some important points that need fixing like the FA Activation (this should be done right after you READ FA at the beginning). You listed it much later in your steps for some reason - if you don't activate it, your changes may not apply/save correctly. Edit that and please leave spaces between the coding list so people don't get confused when reading them. Also leave the references near the top because those are the most important for starting coding and seeking coding help. I'm happy to update my coding OP with your adjusted organization, but I can't copy the whole thing because the numbers become like this[*] so that's why I didn't want to do that without making sure everything was corrected by you. I would have edited it myself and applied and rearranged everything as I needed, but if anything got screwed up in the paste, I would lose my original OP information. I read through your additions a few times in comparison to mine and everything seems good aside from those few points I mentioned. Thanks, buddy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Ah man, at least they should have enabled that. Oh well it means I am going to have to keep pressing sport every single time. That button will wear fast.

Make a video!
I know how you feel, lol.

I was thinking about this. If I have time, I might do it after I VO Code my BDC_Body, etc. for my M-Sport steering wheel. This way I can show some of the BDC_Body coding. Should I do a screen video or should I make a live video with my G16 as I comment and explain the coding. Is there a program that let's you do a full screen capture video while allowing you to record your voice? That would be more helpful.
      10-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #224
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Back in the day, Cam Studio was the easiest to use and lightest software for screen capture & commenting but I just checked around it looks like it comes with adware bundled, you can still safely install it but you have to make sure you are not tricked into clicking & installing the adware that's bundled. Otherwise I am sure there are many better options out there.

I checked Alternative.To and this came in as the best alternative: http://alternativeto.net/software/camtasia-studio/
      10-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #225
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
all the formatting that I did.

It looks amazing, makes the whole process look a lot easier. Opasha's information and your formatting =
      10-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #226
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Back in the day, Cam Studio was the easiest to use and lightest software for screen capture & commenting but I just checked around it looks like it comes with adware bundled, you can still safely install it but you have to make sure you are not tricked into clicking & installing the adware that's bundled. Otherwise I am sure there are many better options out there.

I checked Alternative.To and this came in as the best alternative: http://alternativeto.net/software/camtasia-studio/
I actually have a great tool called Snagit! - I just need to go back and see if it allows me to record audio while I do everything onscreen. Thanks for the info, @hyde!

EDIT: I just checked and my Snagit! program has everything I need. Awesome. I'll definitely make a video of everything and add it to the OP when I get a chance.
      10-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #227
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
@Hang0ver, thank you very much for taking the time to organize that and adding the coding steps I had explained to you in person - it definitely makes things easier for people to understand. There are some important points that need fixing like the FA Activation (this should be done right after you READ FA at the beginning). You listed it much later in your steps for some reason - if you don't activate it, your changes may not apply/save correctly. Edit that and please leave spaces between the coding list so people don't get confused when reading them. Also leave the references near the top because those are the most important for starting coding and seeking coding help. I'm happy to update my coding OP with your adjusted organization, but I can't copy the whole thing because the numbers become like this[*] so that's why I didn't want to do that without making sure everything was corrected by you. I would have edited it myself and applied and rearranged everything as I needed, but if anything got screwed up in the paste, I would lose my original OP information. I read through your additions a few times in comparison to mine and everything seems good aside from those few points I mentioned. Thanks, buddy .
You are welcome..Happy to help

Regarding Read FA, you don't mandatorily need to Activate it before. You can activate it later too. If you don't activate it and try to code, it will just ask you to activate. Even the step by step guide listed is it in the later time to activate. I moved it to the top where we do it after Read. Either way it works fine. So we should be good

Thanks for your suggestions, I made the edits in that post. For your convenience, I am attaching the post content in the reply.

Edit your OP and once you paste content in attached sheet to the reply box, click Preview Post and make sure everything is aligned correctly. Once you are satisfied, you can save changes.

I am also thinking, may be we should add the coding in OP also to @r33 sheet so make it a one stop shop for everything. Thoughts? We might need use seperate sheets for FDL and VO coding to make it easier.

Thanks for considering my changes
Attached Files
File Type: txt Post.txt (17.0 KB, 1785 views)
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #228
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I actually have a great tool called Snagit! - I just need to go back and see if it allows me to record audio while I do everything onscreen. Thanks for the info, @hyde!

EDIT: I just checked and my Snagit! program has everything I need. Awesome. I'll definitely make a video of everything and add it to the OP when I get a chance.
There is a video which is 90% complete

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #229
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You are welcome..Happy to help

Regarding Read FA, you don't mandatorily need to Activate it before. You can activate it later too. If you don't activate it and try to code, it will just ask you to activate. Even the step by step guide listed is it in the later time to activate. I moved it to the top where we do it after Read. Either way it works fine. So we should be good

Thanks for your suggestions, I made the edits in that post. For your convenience, I am attaching the post content in the reply.

Edit your OP and once you paste content in attached sheet to the reply box, click Preview Post and make sure everything is aligned correctly. Once you are satisfied, you can save changes.

I am also thinking, may be we should add the coding in OP also to @r33 sheet so make it a one stop shop for everything. Thoughts? We might need use seperate sheets for FDL and VO coding to make it easier.

Thanks for considering my changes
Again, awesome work, my friend . Thank you for taking my tips with a positive mindset. That's good that there are no issues with the Activate FA portion, but I just wanted it to be at the beginning because that's how I was taught to code by Shawn - I'm very particular about order and steps (you've met me so you know this, lol); also this way no one forgets it since it is a very integral step.

Regarding the extra coding - I had already told Ben that I would input the coding list in the OP into his cheat sheet when I get around to it . Yeah, we will definitely have to separate the VO Coding from the FDL coding or else it will confuse people and they might mess something up by mistake.

I'm going to edit and include this into the OP right now. Again, thank you for your help and time. You have a good memory as well . Almost every step I remember explaining to you in person, you wrote down in the coding steps.

Thanks for the video post. I found two perfect tools to record my screen with commentary. Do you think I should still bother with a video for our F15 then?
      10-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #230
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
There is a video which is 90% complete

Yeah, so I just watched it. I don't mean to be negative, but this video isn't very good. I'll make one that is more straightforward and easier to understand so that no one gets confused. Plus, it will be only for our F15. Thanks for trying to find one though .
      10-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #231
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Again, awesome work, my friend . Thank you for taking my tips with a positive mindset. That's good that there are no issues with the Activate FA portion, but I just wanted it to be at the beginning because that's how I was taught to code by Shawn - I'm very particular about order and steps (you've met me so you know this, lol); also this way no one forgets it since it is a very integral step.

Regarding the extra coding - I had already told Ben that I would input the coding list in the OP into his cheat sheet when I get around to it . Yeah, we will definitely have to separate the VO Coding from the FDL coding or else it will confuse people and they might mess something up by mistake.

I'm going to edit and include this into the OP right now. Again, thank you for your help and time. You have a good memory as well . Almost every step I remember explaining to you in person, you wrote down in the coding steps.

Thanks for the video post. I found two perfect tools to record my screen with commentary. Do you think I should still bother with a video for our F15 then?
You are welcome.

I don't think we need to hurry on the video. But making one for F15 makes people feel better because the video I posted has E-sys is different language. Also a PDF with screenshot would be better than video like we already have for VO coding. I personally feel convenient using PDF instead of video because, they can flip pages instead of going through video and finding where it is.

When I did the VLD VO coding, I lost some FDL that I did in KAFAS2. I can put together that PDF with screenshots if you want
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #232
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, so I just watched it. I don't mean to be negative, but this video isn't very good. I'll make one that is more straightforward and easier to understand so that no one gets confused. Plus, it will be only for our F15. Thanks for trying to find one though .
Agreed.. the video is not perfect and makes it difficult because of diff language...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #233
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You are welcome.

I don't think we need to hurry on the video. But making one for F15 makes people feel better because the video I posted has E-sys is different language. Also a PDF with screenshot would be better than video like we already have for VO coding. I personally feel convenient using PDF instead of video because, they can flip pages instead of going through video and finding where it is.

When I did the VLD VO coding, I lost some FDL that I did in KAFAS2. I can put together that PDF with screenshots if you want
That's not a bad idea. Write up what you have in that PDF, send it to me so I can see if it needs any corrections or modifications. I can do it as well if it's too much trouble. My program allows me to do live screen captures. Whatever works .
      10-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #234
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
That's not a bad idea. Write up what you have in that PDF, send it to me so I can see if it needs any corrections or modifications. I can do it as well if it's too much trouble. My program allows me to do live screen captures. Whatever works .
Give me couple days and I will send that PDF to you.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #235
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Give me couple days and I will send that PDF to you.
Thanks, buddy. I updated the OP .
      10-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #236
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
It will be great opasha!!!
Indeed it this video there are some things which I think not applicable for f15(for example read ECU(not VCM) and use Istufe(not VCM parameters) during log in.

Thank you very much guys!!!
It is really helpful what you are posting!!!
I already started process of coding and it easy to understand how it has to be done!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #237
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
:happy anim:: happyanim:

can't wait to watch your video opasha!!!
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #238
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, buddy. I updated the OP .
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #239
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

well guys i have never code but i find this video and i think it have the steps you wrote, and its from tokenmaster maybe helps.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhZ7kep1aY
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #240
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver
  • E-Sys software 3.18.4 or greater with EST token and password (detailed below in Token section)
  • psdzdata 47.4 or greater
FYI. You will never be able to connect to an F15 without at least E-Sys 3.23.4, and most likely a minimum PSdZData version of 50.x

The PSdZData version used must be >= to the last version of ISTA/P used to program the car. If you use the latest PSdZData, then you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise, you will need to read I-Step Current from VCM, cross-reference it to the ISTA/P version, and determine if your PSdZData version is >= to it.

To determine I-Step Current:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...postcount=1403

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #241
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
[/LIST]FYI. You will never be able to connect to an F15 without at least E-Sys 3.23.4, and most likely a minimum PSdZData version of 50.x

The PSdZData version used must be >= to the last version of ISTA/P used to program the car. If you use the latest PSdZData, then you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise, you will need to read I-Step Current from VCM, cross-reference it to the ISTA/P version, and determine if your PSdZData version is >= to it.

Thanks for info Shawn
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #242
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
[/LIST]FYI. You will never be able to connect to an F15 without at least E-Sys 3.23.4, and most likely a minimum PSdZData version of 50.x

Thanks for the quick catch, Shawn! I completely read past this. I corrected it in the OP.