BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
chamindab
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 XDrive 40E IPerformance

Service reminder X5 2016

Hi can someone pls tell me how the service reminder mileage can increase with time.
Few weeks ago it said service due in 3,800 km, now it says service due in 4,500km. Should'nt this decrease with time rather than increasing. It was originally 8,000km, soon after the oil change.
Thanks
Kind regards,
Chami
      11-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #2
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamindab View Post
Hi can someone pls tell me how the service reminder mileage can increase with time.
Few weeks ago it said service due in 3,800 km, now it says service due in 4,500km. Should'nt this decrease with time rather than increasing. It was originally 8,000km, soon after the oil change.
Thanks
Kind regards,
Chami
Either it's an intelligent algorithm that adjusts on the go depending how you drive your car (highways vs city driving, short trips vs longer trips and so on) - or maybe it was 3800 in miles and now it's in km?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
chamindab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Thanks
Kind regards,
Chami
Either it's an intelligent algorithm that adjusts on the go depending how you drive your car (highways vs city driving, short trips vs longer trips and so on) - or maybe it was 3800 in miles and now it's in km?
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Kind regards,
Chami
Thanks, it has been km all the time
      11-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #4
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

I see a similar behavior on mine: is not increasing but is not going down while I put miles on the car; it shows me that breakes need service in 3,100 miles...for the last 2,000 miles!

and it wouldn't be an issue but I'm almost out of warranty/maintenance at 50k miles
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
chamindab
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
I see a similar behavior on mine: is not increasing but is not going down while I put miles on the car; it shows me that breakes need service in 3,100 miles...for the last 2,000 miles!

and it wouldn't be an issue but I'm almost out of warranty/maintenance at 50k miles
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Kind regards,
Chami
Thanks,
      11-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #6
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:

The brake indicator won't go below 3,100 miles. You need to wait for the yellow triangle warning indicator that shows up next to the status or just go in and ask the Service guys to check the depth of the brakes. Some nice SA's will allow a certain amount of mm leadway to get the brakes changed due to soon to be out of warranty concerns.
DuSh2113.50
nyalpine907433.00
      11-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #7
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Quote:

The brake indicator won't go below 3,100 miles. You need to wait for the yellow triangle warning indicator that shows up next to the status or just go in and ask the Service guys to check the depth of the brakes. Some nice SA's will allow a certain amount of mm leadway to get the brakes changed due to soon to be out of warranty concerns.
Thanks for info, had no idea
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Quote:

Thanks for info, had no idea
No worries, I went through the same thing a few months ago.
      11-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #9
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Also, the miles shown on the dashboard at startup, will always show the lesser of the distance for a specific type of service. In your case, it shows 3,100 since is less than the 8,000 for the oil change. At some point, the oil change distance will decrease enough to be the one displayed at startup. Go to the Service details under Vehicle status in iDrive and you'll see each service with their respective distances/dates.
Appreciate 1
fbuzila367.00