BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3 x30i / '12 Infiniti M37

CPO Experation

I seem to have misplaced the paperwork that shows exactly when my CPO warranty expires. Is there a way to look it up myself somewhere without involving the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
M2taz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

I'd call BMW Genius and they'll be able to provide you with this information. 844-443-6487
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      11-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #3
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep

So I called the dealership, made the appointment to have the side view mirrors looked at (making a ratcheting/grinding noise) then I asked about my CPO expiration. I was told Dec. 2019 or 100k miles, which ever comes first. We bought the 2014 in March of 2016 with 36k miles on it. For those that have CPO warranties, does that sound right?

The person I talked too didn't exude a lot of confidence in what she was doing so I'll double check with my SA when I bring it in. What she told me sounds more like an extended warranty (which we didn't buy) and not a CPO.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #4
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-X5 View Post
So I called the dealership, made the appointment to have the side view mirrors looked at (making a ratcheting/grinding noise) then I asked about my CPO expiration. I was told Dec. 2019 or 100k miles, which ever comes first. We bought the 2014 in March of 2016 with 36k miles on it. For those that have CPO warranties, does that sound right?

The person I talked too didn't exude a lot of confidence in what she was doing so I'll double check with my SA when I bring it in. What she told me sounds more like an extended warranty (which we didn't buy) and not a CPO.
CPO warranties for cars sold in 2014 expired 6 years from when the car was put in service or 100k miles whichever came first.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-X5 View Post

From https://cpo.bmwusa.com/warranty

BMW Certified Pre-Owned
WARRANTY

Every exceptional Certified Pre-Owned BMW comes with a protection plan designed to give you the ultimate peace of mind.

BMW Certified Pre-Owned: Covers you for 1 year with unlimited vehicle miles, after the expiration of the 4-year / 50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid only in the U.S.A. including Puerto Rico) for a total of 5 years / Unlimited vehicle miles. 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance is included. Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle’s coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

The Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan provides specific coverage against defects in material and workmanship; the plan is not a Maintenance Program or an extension of the original 4-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid in U.S.A. including Puerto Rico). There are various items that are not covered by these warranties.

See what is not covered for CPO vehicles retailed on or after 1/1/2014.

For Certified Pre-Owned vehicles retailed on or after January 1, 2014, the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan and the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Elite Protection Plan are not transferable except within the BMW authorized dealer network or subject to the following condition:

Private to private consumer transaction, see Limited Warranty Transfer Application:
Limited Warranty Transfer Application
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
CPO warranties for cars sold in 2014 expired 6 years from when the car was put in service or 100k miles whichever came first.
Cool ... guess she was right, thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #7
Florida-X3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
From https://cpo.bmwusa.com/warranty

BMW Certified Pre-Owned
WARRANTY

Every exceptional Certified Pre-Owned BMW comes with a protection plan designed to give you the ultimate peace of mind.

BMW Certified Pre-Owned: Covers you for 1 year with unlimited vehicle miles, after the expiration of the 4-year / 50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid only in the U.S.A. including Puerto Rico) for a total of 5 years / Unlimited vehicle miles. 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance is included. Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle’s coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.

The Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan provides specific coverage against defects in material and workmanship; the plan is not a Maintenance Program or an extension of the original 4-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid in U.S.A. including Puerto Rico). There are various items that are not covered by these warranties.

See what is not covered for CPO vehicles retailed on or after 1/1/2014.

For Certified Pre-Owned vehicles retailed on or after January 1, 2014, the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Protection Plan and the BMW Certified Pre-Owned Elite Protection Plan are not transferable except within the BMW authorized dealer network or subject to the following condition:

Private to private consumer transaction, see Limited Warranty Transfer Application:
Limited Warranty Transfer Application
Thank you!
Appreciate 0