BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-19-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
DjKristian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 xDrive35i

X6 MPE Exhaust Tip Swap Issue

Hey everyone...So I have the MPE on my X6 M Sport and I attempting to swap the tips out. The chrome on my car is blacked out and honestly I wanted something more aggressive looking than a black trapezoid exhaust tip. I have found several exhaust tips that I like but unfortunately due to the MPE size, the curvature in the pipe and the small clearance in the X6 rear...nobody wants to do the job because they said the exhaust tips are going to be sticking out far. I would like to keep my MPE just swap the tips. I have seen many people do it on the X5, but the X5 has a bigger clearance back there to operate.
Im in South Florida, there should be plenty of places here to do the job. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, what did you do to get around it...

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 12:25 AM   #2
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Hey got excited when I saw mpe as a title, I'm sure it can be done with some cutting of the tips you want and making little adjustments BUT if you want to sell the mpe please let me know, I have a f15 but I'm sure your mpe will fit the f15 chassis
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 03:57 PM   #3
DjKristian
United_States
Rep

I will definitely hit you up...unfortunately the wheel well doesn't give for alot of clearance.. This whole ordeal has been a major pain in the nalgas.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 09:51 PM   #4
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjKristian View Post
I will definitely hit you up...unfortunately the wheel well doesn't give for alot of clearance.. This whole ordeal has been a major pain in the nalgas.
Post pics of the tips you want to install
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 09:09 PM   #5
DjKristian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdesai0326 View Post
Quote:

Unfortunately due to the size restraints I can't post the M tips I want..but my buddy owns a performance shop and I found a way to get sick tips on. After measuring the gap and distance I found these Porsche 997 Turbo tips that worked perfect so they are going to possibly get the in within a couple weeks...[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
      01-11-2024, 07:54 AM   #6
onetake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw X5 35i Xdrive Non MSp

Quote:
Hey everyone...So I have the MPE on my X6 M Sport and I attempting to swap the tips out. The chrome on my car is blacked out and honestly I wanted something more aggressive looking than a black trapezoid exhaust tip. I have found several exhaust tips that I like but unfortunately due to the MPE size, the curvature in the pipe and the small clearance in the X6 rear...nobody wants to do the job because they said the exhaust tips are going to be sticking out far. I would like to keep my MPE just swap the tips. I have seen many people do it on the X5, but the X5 has a bigger clearance back there to operate.
Im in South Florida, there should be plenty of places here to do the job. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, what did you do to get around it...

Thanks in advance.
Do you know what tips I can run with the MPE exhaust on the F15 non m sport. I would like to get rid of the trapezoid tips and if possible make it quad.
Appreciate 0