BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Goose391
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6 35I

2018 X6 Rear "Ping"noise when going over bump

I have a 2018 X6 xdrive35. I notice when pulling into my driveway going over the small driveway lip (bump) i hear a loud "ping" noise like a spoon hitting a pan.. The rear is uneven when I hear the noise (right wheel is above the left wheel) any idea what this can be.. Car has 5k miles on it.. I am taking back to BMW Weds but thought I post to see if anyone else had this issue..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Goose391
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6 35I

Ok so no responses but here is an update. BMW had the car for 2 days.. Said they "adjusted the tailgate bump stops" and the noise is gone.. I am picking the car up tomorrow.. Does this sound correct? I did have the tailgate and exhaust tips painted black. I called the shop that did the work and they confirmed when they coated the tailgate and exhaust tips they had to removed the tailgate bump stops.. just seems to easy to me.. and the sound sounded like it was under the car... Odd but i guess Ill see when I pick the car up tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:15 PM   #3
geedup35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 50i - DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose391 View Post
Ok so no responses but here is an update. BMW had the car for 2 days.. Said they "adjusted the tailgate bump stops" and the noise is gone.. I am picking the car up tomorrow.. Does this sound correct? I did have the tailgate and exhaust tips painted black. I called the shop that did the work and they confirmed when they coated the tailgate and exhaust tips they had to removed the tailgate bump stops.. just seems to easy to me.. and the sound sounded like it was under the car... Odd but i guess Ill see when I pick the car up tomorrow
Sorry no one responded. Seems pretty isolated, was is the bump stops?

Congrats on you new vehicle!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:17 PM   #4
fr_tz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 19 X6 MSport

2019 X6 here with 900 miles on the dial and I have the exact problem. Very noticeable pulling into my driveway as you mentioned.
Appreciate 0