BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #67
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedup35 View Post
Don't think so. But with the muffler delete or swap options out there now, there's no need to because you can achieve very similar results for a fraction of the cost
Exactly! While I agree that those expensive brand name exhausts look really good and have more refined sound - I don't think there are many owners who would pay $3-4k for exhaust. Maybe on X5M or X6M, but probably not on 50i.
Besides titanium exhaust looks beautiful, but you only going to look at it twice for the life of vehicle: during install and when you'll be selling it. 99% of time it's going to be underneath of car hidden from eyes. As for tips - you can install any tip setup you like with muffler delete mod.
Finally sound is very objective thing, but I like raw deep V8 growl of muffler delete even more than a bit more high pitched refined sound of Eisenmann, Meistershaft, Akra etc. to each it's own of course, but for $3-4k I would rather do so many mods on top of muffler delete rather then just having 1 brand name exhaust. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 3
Russmov1328.00
JMAN1111227.00
geedup35216.00