02-22-2018, 09:54 PM   #23
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithNick View Post
LOVE the sound with this intake. Def worth the money just for that alone.
Let's wait for someone to chime in regarding hot air being sucked in, blah2, etc, and so on, and .....
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #24
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Let's wait for someone to chime in regarding hot air being sucked in, blah2, etc, and so on, and .....
Well it is going to do that, but it hasn't ever stopped me from running "cold" air intakes
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #25
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Well it is going to do that, but it hasn't ever stopped me from running "cold" air intakes
Hahaha. Me neither, cuz those air going to get hot by the time passing the hot scrolling turbine.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 10:35 PM   #26
LocksmithNick
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M Sport - G05

Garage List
Quote:
Was that you I spoke to on the phone today?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 12:29 AM   #27
AlpineOnCoral
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6 SDrive35i

Quote:

FMIC wise, the owner of ER said that the F15/F16 X5/X6 already equipped with bigger FMIC. So no necessary for an upgrade.
I was researching this statement and found it to be true. Attached are the FMIC from the X5/X6 (top two pics) vs typical N55-equipped sedans and coupes. The F15/16 does appear significantly more robust!

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #28
pnice1p
General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition

I'm FBO on my 2017 X5 35i. I run e50, and I am on map 7 on my JB4. Whats the question?
2015 M3 Yas Marina Blue retired
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #29
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
gains are minimal if any. It's possible you will lose some power at low speeds due to heat soak as the filter is not shielded. People buy this for the sound.
Agreed, I have it, the gains are minimal, but it sounds fantastic. I have it paired with downpipe and MPE and all you hear is turbo spool and intake suction.
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #30
AlpineOnCoral
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnice1p View Post
I'm FBO on my 2017 X5 35i. I run e50, and I am on map 7 on my JB4. Whats the question?
Thanks for the reply! Mind sharing which other components you selected and why?

Tune: JB4
Intake: BMS
Charge pipe:?
FMIC:?
Down pipe:?
Exhaust: MPE

Do you have MPPK? Ever dyno it? Appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 12:33 AM   #31
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineOnCoral View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! Mind sharing which other components you selected and why?

Tune: JB4
Charge pipe:?
FMIC:?
Down pipe:?

Do you have MPPK? Ever dyno it? Appreciate the help!
Sure:

Tune: JB4 Map 7 (for now)
FMIC: OEM (already upgrade for x5 imo)
Charge pipe: ER
Downpipe: VRSF
GAS (most important): E50

I love this setup, it's the only way that I was willing to get into a truck over my M3 and not spend 110k. I haven't spent 2k on mods and I def increased 90-110hp. Running E50 alone is fantastic but all the rest make the truck feel as light as a sedan. I have plans to do the Pure stage 2 so I can run 20psi. JB4 Map 7 hits only 17 on peak runs. This platform has potential, it's just heavy so you need to be aggressive with the boost if you want results. The MPE is the best combination with downpipes and intake. Sounds menancing.
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2018, 04:27 AM   #32
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Sure:

I love this setup, it's the only way that I was willing to get into a truck over my M3 and not spend 110k. I haven't spent 2k on mods and I def increased 90-110hp. Running E50 alone is fantastic but all the rest make the truck feel as light as a sedan. I have plans to do the Pure stage 2 so I can run 20psi. JB4 Map 7 hits only 17 on peak runs. This platform has potential, it's just heavy so you need to be aggressive with the boost if you want results. The MPE is the best combination with downpipes and intake. Sounds menancing.
Cool, would you be kind enough to post a video of the sound? I already have MPE, BMS Intake and still debating the DP. Any problems with VRSF( Fitment, Smell, CEL)? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #33
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Sure:

Cool, would you be kind enough to post a video of the sound? I already have MPE, BMS Intake and still debating the DP. Any problems with VRSF( Fitment, Smell, CEL)? Thanks!
i keep saying im gonna post the video, I will try today in the afternoon. You gotta do the DP, will change the way the truck takes off. The turbo spools in half the time. The smell is there only when sitting idle for a while but it's not that bad, especially with E85.
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 06:56 AM   #34
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure:

i keep saying im gonna post the video, I will try today in the afternoon. You gotta do the DP, will change the way the truck takes off. The turbo spools in half the time. The smell is there only when sitting idle for a while but it's not that bad, especially with E85.
Thats good to know, now ill definitely get one.

How long did it take to install? Is it difficult. And Since you have Jb4 am guessing it just auto clears the CEL. Right?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #35
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure:

How long did it take to install? Is it difficult. And Since you have Jb4 am guessing it just auto clears the CEL. Right?
I had to load the updated Bluetooth to autioclear, they removed the feature on new jb4s. The Dp install is about 45 mins with a lift. One thing that I had to do was to tac weld the end because my downpipe from vrsf kept on twisting.
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #36
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure:

I had to load the updated Bluetooth to autioclear, they removed the feature on new jb4s. The Dp install is about 45 mins with a lift. One thing that I had to do was to tac weld the end because my downpipe from vrsf kept on twisting.
Thanks, appreciate your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #37
AlpineOnCoral
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sure:

Thanks so much pnice1p! I’m in CA so I don’t know if E85 mixes are even an option around here—still Researching. All of this is new to me.

Have you thought about a flash tune such as BM3? What is your take on where you are with your warranty? After your experience with VRSF DP, would you recommend it?

Appreciate all the help!!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 11:05 AM   #38
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineOnCoral View Post
Quote:
Sure:

Thanks so much pnice1p! IΒ’m in CA so I donΒ’t know if E85 mixes are even an option around hereΒ—still Researching. All of this is new to me.

Have you thought about a flash tune such as BM3? What is your take on where you are with your warranty? After your experience with VRSF DP, would you recommend it?

Appreciate all the help!!
I want a flash tune really bad. I had a flash on my M3 with turbos and fbo but I got a tamper code and I had to trade it in. Flashing now is better but I'm cool with it like this until I change the turbo.
2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #39
pnice1p
General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sure:

Here is a sound clip.

2011 335 M-SPORT retired
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #40
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure:

Here is a sound clip.

Sounds amazing. Do you have MPPK or just Jb4? Because there are lots of burbles
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #41
pnice1p
General
Rep

Just Map 7. DP plus e50 give a strong burble. It's a monster. I surprise everyone with the exhaust note and the speed.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2018, 09:22 PM   #42
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Just Map 7. DP plus e50 give a strong burble. It's a monster. I surprise everyone with the exhaust note and the speed.
Perfect, thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #43
03redtypes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Msport

Quote:
Here is a sound clip.

What kind of power is this setup making?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #44
pnice1p
General
Rep

I believe it's making approximately 420 to 440 horsepower. That's the reason that I need the pure stage 2 turbo. I would like to crack 500 on this truck before the end of the year. I'm currently at approximately 17 to 18.5 psi on my stock turbo and with the pure stage 2 you can go all the way up to 22 to 26 depending on your setup and who does your tuning.

I did see a new kit from big boost turbos for the n55 that makes even more power than pure but it's new so idk.
Appreciate 1