BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #45
delt31
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TBD BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
That air inlet trim defeats the purpose of the clean look you are after. All that trim does is clutter the side profile of the X5 more especially the cheap looking chrome. (Refer back to my photos above)
Yeah I'm going back and forth on those. I like the additional black though - wouldn't do chrome.

Last edited by delt31; 01-11-2019 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #46
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
I think you are confusing the "///m" fender badge with the "X5M" badge on the fender vent trim. Most M-Sport models outside of the US have small "///m" badges on the front fenders. X5Ms do not have these badges, but do have a "X5M" badge on the fender vent trim. Different badges.
Correct, but I'm not confused as I have an X5M. Just stating that ANY badge (M or X5M) on the side fender vents would give the appearance/mistaken for a true M model, as that is an exclusive accent for the M models.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:49 AM   #47
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Correct, but I'm not confused as I have an X5M. Just stating that ANY badge (M or X5M) on the side fender vents would give the appearance/mistaken for a true M model, as that is an exclusive accent for the M models.
Only to certain people.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #48
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not it's not exclusive. Factory applied ///Ms were confirmed earlier. If you're saying exclusive to certain regions? Maybe but who cares about the region - if the company is issuing them to any of their cars, you can say goodbye to that argument.

///m on the fender is fine (IMO) b/c it's done via factory elsewhere. ///m after your X5 is a big no no (IMO) b/c that's not factory, that's just someone adding in their own logo.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #49
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
I think you are confusing the "///m" fender badge with the "X5M" badge on the fender vent trim. Most M-Sport models outside of the US have small "///m" badges on the front fenders. X5Ms do not have these badges, but do have a "X5M" badge on the fender vent trim. Different badges.
Absolutely untrue. I have 7 ///M badges on my Msport X5 directly from factory and so far no one has mistaken my ride for a X5M.

1 badge on my steering wheel,
4 badges on my 469M wheels,
2 ///M on my door entry plates,
      01-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #50
Treeboy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 X4 M40i / '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
'24 X5 M60i  [0.00]
'22 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
As far as I know, there is no true M BMW with the small M badge like this on the fenders. M cars have the M logo incorporated to the fender vent covers, not sitting by itself on the fender like on the M-Sport trims outside of North America.
So this would not fool anyone who knows what true M car is.... And people that do not know BMW's could get confused even by M stickers on the wheels...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:07 AM   #51
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post
So I got the car back and noticed the mpe exhaust tips seen to be pushed out further than the stock I had. See attached. Is this normal for the guys that have mpe?

https://ibb.co/0f3ZkxH
Mine don't stick out that far. They may not have cut enough of the stock muffler piping off so it's pushing the MPE out further. If loosening and adjusting the tips doesn't help, I'd bring it back in and have them correct it.
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #52
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Mine don't stick out that far. They may not have cut enough of the stock muffler piping off so it's pushing the MPE out further. If loosening and adjusting the tips doesn't help, I'd bring it back in and have them correct it.
Thanks - I'll see how I like it. Kind of looks cool a little out but you're right they def stick out more.

btw - my msport shifter doesn't have the M logo on it like this one does. Is this a addon mod?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...m/15998121231/

and what carbon skirt is this one? looks like it really changes the back of the x5 to be more shaped on the msport:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...m/15974314136/

Last edited by delt31; 01-11-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
Kzang3222.00
      01-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #53
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Badging it up

I just picked up these for each one of my doors and hood.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
gqgambler716.00
Maverik2594133.00
alphaod1148.00
      01-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #54
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Quote:
Not it's not exclusive. Factory applied ///Ms were confirmed earlier. If you're saying exclusive to certain regions? Maybe but who cares about the region - if the company is issuing them to any of their cars, you can say goodbye to that argument.

///m on the fender is fine (IMO) b/c it's done via factory elsewhere. ///m after your X5 is a big no no (IMO) b/c that's not factory, that's just someone adding in their own logo.
Quote:
Absolutely untrue. I have 7 ///M badges on my Msport X5 directly from factory and so far no one has mistaken my ride for a X5M.

1 badge on my steering wheel,
4 badges on my 469M wheels,
2 ///M on my door entry plates,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeboy View Post
As far as I know, there is no true M BMW with the small M badge like this on the fenders. M cars have the M logo incorporated to the fender vent covers, not sitting by itself on the fender like on the M-Sport trims outside of North America.
So this would not fool anyone who knows what true M car is.... And people that do not know BMW's could get confused even by M stickers on the wheels...

Clearly individuals are misinterpreting my comments; I said "ON" not "ABOVE". I am specifically talking about the side fender vent covers, not the factory applied ///Ms above the fender vents. Fender vent covers with X5M/X6M logos were unique to the F85/86 M models. The F15 X5s did not come with side fender vent covers from the factory in the US. I am referring to the addition of a feature to the F15 that was not factory applied. Yes, M sports do come with wheels, steering wheel and door trim M logos as standard; typically in the US there is not the addition of the ///Ms on the side fender above the vents (although some did come from dealerships with those briefly). Once again I am only talking about the side fender vent COVERS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NoSugar134.50
      01-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #55
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Clearly individuals are misinterpreting my comments; I said "ON" not "ABOVE". I am specifically talking about the side fender vent covers, not the factory applied ///Ms above the fender vents. Fender vent covers with X5M/X6M logos were unique to the F85/86 M models. The F15 X5s did not come with side fender vent covers from the factory in the US. I am referring to the addition of a feature to the F15 that was not factory applied. Yes, M sports do come with wheels, steering wheel and door trim M logos as standard; typically in the US there is not the addition of the ///Ms on the side fender above the vents (although some did come from dealerships with those briefly). Once again I am only talking about the side fender vent COVERS.
Yes I agree with this.

How about this .... I'm thinking of getting the x5m fender trim but covering the X5 with black tape. Hmmmm. This way I get that m badge on the trim itself which I think would look best.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #56
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Thanks - I'll see how I like it. Kind of looks cool a little out but you're right they def stick out more.

btw - my msport shifter doesn't have the M logo on it like this one does. Is this a addon mod?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...m/15998121231/

and what carbon skirt is this one? looks like it really changes the back of the x5 to be more shaped on the msport:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/oneigh...m/15974314136/
Yeah I guess we all misunderstood. I agree Anything that was a part for F85 that is put on a F15 to make it looks like a M and to mislead people to think its a M is not okay.
      01-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #57
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I agree with this.

How about this .... I'm thinking of getting the x5m fender trim but covering the X5 with black tape. Hmmmm. This way I get that m badge on the trim itself which I think would look best.
Just my only opinion on this. Ghetto.
      01-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #58
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Yes I agree with this.

I really think you would be detracting from the appearance more than enhancing it; sometimes, less, is more.
Appreciate 1
Kzang3222.00
      01-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #59
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Haha yeah you guys are right. Scraping that idea!

Btw dealership fixed the mpe so the exhaust is flush. All good. With mppk in sorry I still do get a little delay when hitting the pedal to get that immediate jump. Noticed this on the 50 I test drove as well. Sometimes though I don't get this little delay. What setting do I put it in to avoid any delay 100% time?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #60
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Btw dealership fixed the mpe so the exhaust is flush. All good. With mppk in sorry I still do get a little delay when hitting the pedal to get that immediate jump. Noticed this on the 50 I test drove as well. Sometimes though I don't get this little delay. What setting do I put it in to avoid any delay 100% time?
Sport/+ always.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 03:01 PM   #61
Kzang
Major General
Rep

When mppk was installed on mine I noticed that as well. But after a full tank of driving it went away. I'm a full believer that the engine has to get used to the new adjustment from the tune.
      01-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #62
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
When mppk was installed on mine I noticed that as well. But after a full tank of driving it went away. I'm a full believer that the engine has to get used to the new adjustment from the tune.
Thanks guys. Are you driving mostly in sport + too? I usually only use sport. Thought the + was only for extreme traction
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #63
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Just sport
      01-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #64
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:

There are devices that reduce throttle lag.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #65
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks guys. Are you driving mostly in sport + too? I usually only use sport. Thought the + was only for extreme traction
I drive in sport but engine in comfort cuz I don't like the sound of constantly having higher revs making it sound like I drive a stick and don't know when to shift.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #66
delt31
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
I drive in sport but engine in comfort cuz I don't like the sound of constantly having higher revs making it sound like I drive a stick and don't know when to shift.
dumb question but how do you put engine in comfort? I'm assuming you're in "sport" mode but what/how about the comfort part?

Also - talk about making things more complicated - this appears to be an M next to X5 on the back but NOT an X5m. Seems like UK 50d? I'm sure people know about this already but I never though BMW put factory M after the x5 on the back for NON bmw x5m. Now I don't know what's wrong and right!!??? haha

Appreciate 0