BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
IFTTT + BMW Labs?

I just got a email from IFTTT that I actually read for a change and had no idea BMW Labs had IFTTT integrations????

https://ifttt.com/blog/2018/12/upshi...&utm_term=Blog

I used IFTTT a ton in the early smart home days (most things Alexa and Google Assistant can do unaided now) to get around choke points, but I rarely use it. Luckily I left all my applets in place as I never knew BMW had a link to IFTTT.

Am I the last to know this?

I set up 2 new ones to test today - when I get a text on my Android phone, it will send it to the iDrive screen (just Bimmercode added OFFICE the other day, so I kind of already have it) and set up a geo fence that triggers when I come up our road to tell Harmony to turn on my house lights.

Have to see if they actually work tonight, but these could be great for garage doors and really anything that you have connected to your smart home.

I'm probably 5 years behind you guys, but in case there is another one like me that did not know it - here you go!
      01-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

You’re here, so you’re not late to the party.
BTW, nice catch.
      01-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Never got anything to work.
Is that because of idrive version ?

Eureka: need the apps package service..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #4
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
OMG this is awesome. Got a text on the way home and it popped up in the split screen with no touch when when I was about 100 yards from my house it showed the trigger and my house lights all came on.

Best thing is, it triggers by the car, not my phone. Where I live I get spotty cell service on the way in, but my car gets better service so it triggers regardless.

BMW might have just found a way for me to pay my yearly subscription fee. The connected app sure is not worth it, but the IFTTT integration opens up TONS of possibilities.

Very cool.