BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

06-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
Rep
Drives: powered by bootmod3

bootmod3: Direct ENET cable support for iOS/Android (BETA)

Hey guys,
Wanted to share a quick announcement on the upcoming app/system update. Public beta of the new app with the embedded OBD Agent starting soon. This version of the app will allow for a direct cable connection of the ENET cable to your iOS device (iPhone, iPad).

We’re just waiting on Apple to approve the beta build for testing and do some test runs internally with it and we’ll start adding in external/public testers.

To test with us you need to have a bm3 license already, ENET cable and an ethernet to lightning adapter (adapter to connect ethernet end of the ENET cable to your iPhone/iPad).

If you're on facebook check out the bootmod3 enthusiasts group for further details/updates.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50
      06-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #2
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Do you recommend a particular brand of ethernet to lightning adapter?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys,
Wanted to share a quick announcement on the upcoming app/system update. Public beta of the new app with the embedded OBD Agent starting soon. This version of the app will allow for a direct cable connection of the ENET cable to your iOS device (iPhone, iPad).

We’re just waiting on Apple to approve the beta build for testing and do some test runs internally with it and we’ll start adding in external/public testers.

To test with us you need to have a bm3 license already, ENET cable and an ethernet to lightning adapter (adapter to connect ethernet end of the ENET cable to your iPhone/iPad).

If you're on facebook check out the bootmod3 enthusiasts group for further details/updates.

What's up brotha. Do you have stock vs BM3 tuned accel data (on the dragy)? Maybe in another thread? Thx.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey guys,

We're just waiting on Apple to approve the beta build for testing and do some test runs internally with it and we'll start adding in external/public testers.

Quote:
Hey guys,

We're just waiting on Apple to approve the beta build for testing and do some test runs internally with it and we'll start adding in external/public testers.

Nice now just gotta wait for the dme unlock you guys are working on so I can get bm3 and tune the f15
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #5
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Very nice! Looks like I'll have a useless agent laying around but I'll still keep it just in case.
      06-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #6
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e-tron GT, C63 507, ISF, Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by F85MTuNED View Post
Very nice! Looks like I'll have a useless agent laying around but I'll still keep it just in case.
I thought the same thing... but at least I don't have to keep re-flashing the agent. Haha
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50
      06-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #7
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
Quote:
I thought the same thing... but at least I don't have to keep re-flashing the agent. Haha
Yep.. that can become annoying but it doesn't take that long so I never complained lol.
      06-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
1badttx5m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m4 x5m

proTUNING Freaks

Any idea if there will be an update soon to the maps?
Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1620.50
      06-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #9
F85MTuNED
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badttx5m View Post
proTUNING Freaks

Great question, I heard there was suppose to be an update for the OTS stage 2 tune but that was around 3 months ago.
      06-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badttx5m View Post
proTUNING Freaks

Great question, I heard there was suppose to be an update for the OTS stage 2 tune but that was around 3 months ago.
Yeah, there was a thread on the bm3 forum where Halim was tuning a customer's F85. A few of us asked for an update and/or if there would be an update. Halim responded with a winky face. We were hoping that was a coy response for yes... but alas. Nothing yet.
Appreciate 3
      06-20-2020, 06:45 AM   #11
X5M_RoOkIE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
Yeah, there was a thread on the bm3 forum where Halim was tuning a customer's F85. A few of us asked for an update and/or if there would be an update. Halim responded with a winky face. We were hoping that was a coy response for yes... but alas. Nothing yet.
hoping there is a way to control the aggressive burbles. Wish there is a way to customize it like the other bm3 for the m3 and m4. If what are my options?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #12
BadCompany
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M_RoOkIE View Post
Quote:
hoping there is a way to control the aggressive burbles. Wish there is a way to customize it like the other bm3 for the m3 and m4. If what are my options?
There is no way currently to change burble settings with the F85/86 absent a custom tune or switching away from bm3. If you don't like them, but don't want a full custom tune, I'd send a message to Halim or a tuner you trust that works with bm3 and ask the cost to simply turn them off. It might not cost much. I'm not a fan of excessive pops and bangs and would want them extremely mild or turned off. If I want that, I'll drive my AMG. Haha I'm only stage 1 right now, so I don't worry about it.

There was some talk about if you code on (or off) asd, it will disable burbles, but that seems to vary by platform and I've never heard anyone try it on the F85/86 map. Might be worth trying since it is easy and free.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 05:20 AM   #13
X5M_RoOkIE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5M

Quote:
There is no way currently to change burble settings with the F85/86 absent a custom tune or switching away from bm3. If you don't like them, but don't want a full custom tune, I'd send a message to Halim or a tuner you trust that works with bm3 and ask the cost to simply turn them off. It might not cost much. I'm not a fan of excessive pops and bangs and would want them extremely mild or turned off. If I want that, I'll drive my AMG. Haha I'm only stage 1 right now, so I don't worry about it.

There was some talk about if you code on (or off) asd, it will disable burbles, but that seems to vary by platform and I've never heard anyone try it on the F85/86 map. Might be worth trying since it is easy and free.
thanks I hope others can chime in also..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #14
F85MTuNED
Rep

PTF / BM3 are currently working on a few things for our platform so sit tight everyone because we will see a ton of changes in the near future.