BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Maxpider 3D all weather liners

I had the Maxpider 3D Kagu liners in my last SUV and they severed me very well for many years. I took them out in the summer however because I never cared for the "sound" they made when you moved your feet around in them. For summer I used the OEM velours that I scotch guarded the bejesus out of so they cleaned up perfectly.

With this white interior I knew I needed some all weather liners, but the black rubber ones that came with it were ugly, I'll fitting and made that same sound.

My GF got me the Maxpider 3D carpeted ones for Christmas and I loved them. They actually match better than they look in the pics, the contrast is more in the pics. They should be a spot on match for the beige interior and they come in black and gray as well.

Got the 2nd rows in today and thought I would share. The 2nd row fits perfectly too and even has a cut out for the foot lights unlike my rubber ones. Still have the cargo liner in the Kagu style, but it fits and works perfectly back there.

Anyway, heres some pics.
Attached Images

Russmov1328.00
maDjzo851.00
alphaod1148.00
hufington3117.00
      01-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
They look really nice, but how well do they protect the interior? Do the shit you bring on your feet stays there?
      01-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
They look really nice, but how well do they protect the interior? Do the shit you bring on your feet stays there?

Yup, there is a lip all the way around them and they are flexible enough to fix perfect, but stuff enough you can lift them out to dump pebbles, water, etc out of them. had 8 inches of snow this week and I have driven it every day and except for shaking them out, they have not been cleaned and they still look brand new.

They have this almost "soft" male velcro backing all over that let's them lift right out without tugging, but don't move a mm once they touch the carpet floor. very slick set up. The fronts even have the circle retention that lines up with the OEM BMW ones.

Nice quality product and perfect balance between all weather and nice looks if your like me and don't care for the rubber ones.
      01-15-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Those look great... didn't know they made carpeted ones.

I've been using the regular all weather ones in my last car and this x5. Love them... I think they look clean and they aren't slippery when wet. I used to have weathertech digitalfit in another car and they curled up after a couple of years. These fit, look and feel better and are cheaper than weathertech.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Those look great... didn't know they made carpeted ones.

I've been using the regular all weather ones in my last car and this x5. Love them... I think they look clean and they aren't slippery when wet. I used to have weathertech digitalfit in another car and they curled up after a couple of years. These fit, look and feel better and are cheaper than weathertech.

I agree, I didn't like the pick up truck look of the weather techs for my everyday car either. The Kagu ones served me well for years and looked much better. These are basically the same with just like a 1/2 layer of tough carpet on them. Work the same and fit the same. I really like them. Great product.
      01-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
These are pretty nice. Would like to see how they hold up through a winter, salt, sand etc.
Definitely a lot nicer than the rubber mats.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 09:12 PM   #7
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
These are pretty nice. Would like to see how they hold up through a winter, salt, sand etc.
I had the other version in my other SUV for more than 5 years (still have it actually) and I hunted, fished, hauled mulch and all just if boot clad duties in it and they still look brand new. These are basically the same thing with just a thin layer of carpet on the top. I have no doubt they will be just as tough. They have taken this weekend blizzard duties with no cleaning and still look brand new.
      01-15-2019, 09:16 PM   #8
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
I had the other version in my other SUV for more than 5 years (still have it actually) and I hunted, fished, hauled mulch and all just if boot clad duties in it and they still look brand new. These are basically the same thing with just a thin layer of carpet on the top. I have no doubt they will be just as tough. They have taken this weekend blizzard duties with no cleaning and still look brand new.
Ahh ok thanks! I was just looking at them on amazon. So tempted now lol
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #9
johnhol
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 5.0i M Sport

I got the mats in black and can attest the fit is amazing. I have the biege interior and the black contrasts very well.

Well worth the $140 from amazon.
      01-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhol View Post
I got the mats in black and can attest the fit is amazing. I have the biege interior and the black contrasts very well.

Well worth the $140 from amazon.

They really fit exactly perfect. love how far up the dead pedal they go as well. When I have muddy boots on or anything I never sweat it as anywhere they can touch is covered. Love these don't have that hollow bare rubber sound to them, only thing that kept my Kagu ones from being perfect. These might be the perfect combo.
      01-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #11
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Are they easy to clean as well? What I meant is I am lazy: can I hose it down with the pressure washer?
      01-15-2019, 09:35 PM   #12
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Are they easy to clean as well? What I meant is I am lazy: can I hose it down with the pressure washer?
Absolutely, they are perfect for that. That carpet layer is very thin, so you could blast the hell out of them with no worries. They are fairly firm, like you can hold them out by the edge and they'll hold their own weight, but still flexible enough to fit perfect.

That front drivers side was in all week. Boots all weekend and my gore tex trailer runners this week with mud and snow and except for dumping them out and brushing them off with my hand, you see them as they are. Look just like the rear that just came out of the bag today.

Amazon prime, free returns! You won't need it though.
      01-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #13
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Here's a similar option from a Canadian vendor - Findway:

https://www.findway.ca/f518-style-3d...-velcro/09250b

1st row & 2nd row set for $100 CAD. With the exchange rate, they're like 30% less for US buyers! They held up pretty well for 5 years in my old Audi Q7 TDI and I just bought a set last weekend for the X5 we picked up to replace the Q7.
Appreciate 1
unluky7465.00
      01-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #14
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely, they are perfect for that. That carpet layer is very thin, so you could blast the hell out of them with no worries. They are fairly firm, like you can hold them out by the edge and they'll hold their own weight, but still flexible enough to fit perfect.

That front drivers side was in all week. Boots all weekend and my gore tex trailer runners this week with mud and snow and except for dumping them out and brushing them off with my hand, you see them as they are. Look just like the rear that just came out of the bag today.

Thanks for sharing, along with the real life application pictures! Do you think with the bonded fabric material, it'll be difficult to get dog fur off from the mats by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #15
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertstyle View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for sharing, along with the real life application pictures! Do you think with the bonded fabric material, it'll be difficult to get dog fur off from the mats by any chance?

I hope not - because I have one. Mine rides in the cargo area (he's a horse) so the Kagu liners just let it fall right off. I am sure a vacuum will take it right up I think??? I have not found out for sure though. I think they would be MUCH better than a velour mat for sure, but compared to a rubber they might hold it a little more. The carpet is very think - the perfect amount for a weather mat to me. Kinda reminds me of a trade show booth wall??? Looks and feels carpeted, but with just a tiny tough layer. Hard to explain.
      01-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #16
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hope not - because I have one. Mine rides in the cargo area (he's a horse) so the Kagu liners just let it fall right off. I am sure a vacuum will take it right up I think??? I have not found out for sure though. I think they would be MUCH better than a velour mat for sure, but compared to a rubber they might hold it a little more. The carpet is very think - the perfect amount for a weather mat to me. Kinda reminds me of a trade show booth wall??? Looks and feels carpeted, but with just a tiny tough layer. Hard to explain.
Great to know! I was just about to ask about the cargo liner also. I noticed it has a crease in the middle of the liner, is it intended to be folded up in the setting of a 3rd row (which I have)?

Separately, just have to ask, you own a horse that fits in the back of your X5??
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #17
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Great to know! I was just about to ask about the cargo liner also. I noticed it has a crease in the middle of the liner, is it intended to be folded up in the setting of a 3rd row (which I have)?

Separately, just have to ask, you own a horse that fits in the back of your X5??
Yes, it does fold up. Not a huge deal with this one, but my last car had a 3rd row and it had 2 creases. With the weather tech it was in or out, but with the Maxpider if you were out and needed the 3rd row, you could pick the liner up and accordion it up and set it behind the 3rd row once you folded them up. Huge plus over the weather tech one. Held up great and it is still going.

My dog seem like a horse at times. He is only 80 pounds, but he is like 1% body fat so he is a BIG 80 pounds. He prefers it back there stretched out on his bed. Fine with me.
      01-16-2019, 10:56 PM   #18
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, it does fold up. Not a huge deal with this one, but my last car had a 3rd row and it had 2 creases. With the weather tech it was in or out, but with the Maxpider if you were out and needed the 3rd row, you could pick the liner up and accordion it up and set it behind the 3rd row once you folded them up. Huge plus over the weather tech one. Held up great and it is still going.

My dog seem like a horse at times. He is only 80 pounds, but he is like 1% body fat so he is a BIG 80 pounds. He prefers it back there stretched out on his bed. Fine with me.
Nice! Thanks for the helpful info! Our dog rides with us and his hair does end up getting flown around. I have weather tech for our other vehicle but the maxpider you shared about definitely seems more sleek. Great post unluky👍🏼✌🏼🙏🏼
Appreciate 1
unluky7465.00
      01-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #19
covertstyle
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Thanks for the helpful info! Our dog rides with us and his hair does end up getting flown around. I have weather tech for our other vehicle but the maxpider you shared about definitely seems more sleek. Great post unluky👍🏼✌🏼🙏🏼
Ended up getting them! Figured I'd share what they look like in black. Purchased off Amazon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #20
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Thanks for the helpful info! Our dog rides with us and his hair does end up getting flown around. I have weather tech for our other vehicle but the maxpider you shared about definitely seems more sleek. Great post unluky
Ended up getting them! Figured I'd share what they look like in black. Purchased off Amazon.
Those are a little different, those are the Kagu version. I have those in my other SUV and they have served me well for many years! I think they look better than the rubber weather tech, but opinion vary! =)
      01-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #21
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Thanks for the helpful info! Our dog rides with us and his hair does end up getting flown around. I have weather tech for our other vehicle but the maxpider you shared about definitely seems more sleek. Great post unluky
Those are a little different, those are the Kagu version. I have those in my other SUV and they have served me well for many years! I think they look better than the rubber weather tech, but opinion vary! =)
Which do you think are better, since you have both
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 02:35 PM   #22
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Which do you think are better, since you have both
I actually like them both. my other SUV get rougher action, so I like the Kagu in there. It hauls mulch, I take it hunting, all that. For the X5 I wanted something in between as I just needed something to keep the snow and salt out in the winter, yet still look like normal floor mats. They are a perfect compromise for the X5, but I would not want them in my other SUV.

They are the same liner underneth, one just adds a tiny layer of carpet to them.