Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertstyle View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Are they easy to clean as well? What I meant is I am lazy: can I hose it down with the pressure washer?
Absolutely, they are perfect for that. That carpet layer is very thin, so you could blast the hell out of them with no worries. They are fairly firm, like you can hold them out by the edge and they'll hold their own weight, but still flexible enough to fit perfect.

That front drivers side was in all week. Boots all weekend and my gore tex trailer runners this week with mud and snow and except for dumping them out and brushing them off with my hand, you see them as they are. Look just like the rear that just came out of the bag today.

Amazon prime, free returns! You won't need it though.
Thanks for sharing, along with the real life application pictures! Do you think with the bonded fabric material, it'll be difficult to get dog fur off from the mats by any chance?

I hope not - because I have one. Mine rides in the cargo area (he's a horse) so the Kagu liners just let it fall right off. I am sure a vacuum will take it right up I think??? I have not found out for sure though. I think they would be MUCH better than a velour mat for sure, but compared to a rubber they might hold it a little more. The carpet is very think - the perfect amount for a weather mat to me. Kinda reminds me of a trade show booth wall??? Looks and feels carpeted, but with just a tiny tough layer. Hard to explain.
Great to know! I was just about to ask about the cargo liner also. I noticed it has a crease in the middle of the liner, is it intended to be folded up in the setting of a 3rd row (which I have)?

Separately, just have to ask, you own a horse that fits in the back of your X5??
Yes, it does fold up. Not a huge deal with this one, but my last car had a 3rd row and it had 2 creases. With the weather tech it was in or out, but with the Maxpider if you were out and needed the 3rd row, you could pick the liner up and accordion it up and set it behind the 3rd row once you folded them up. Huge plus over the weather tech one. Held up great and it is still going.

My dog seem like a horse at times. He is only 80 pounds, but he is like 1% body fat so he is a BIG 80 pounds. He prefers it back there stretched out on his bed. Fine with me.
Nice! Thanks for the helpful info! Our dog rides with us and his hair does end up getting flown around. I have weather tech for our other vehicle but the maxpider you shared about definitely seems more sleek. Great post unluky
Ended up getting them! Figured I'd share what they look like in black. Purchased off Amazon.
Those are a little different, those are the Kagu version. I have those in my other SUV and they have served me well for many years! I think they look better than the rubber weather tech, but opinion vary! =)
Oh now I understand what you mean between the carpeted ones and this kagu one! Haha didn't realize it until comparing the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 12:08 PM   #24
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC, M sport,THP

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but can anyone who owns these tell me what matches the factory carpet better, the gray or black?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #25
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I believe the ones pictured above are the black KAGU (non carpeted) ones. I had them in my prior car and loved them as well.

I now have in my X5 the CARPETED version which I like even better. They are the same, but the carpeted ones have a super thin layer of super tough carpet on top of them. Still 100% waterproof and tough as nails - just gives it a bit of a better look and much more sound proofing. My old KAGU ones would be a shade noisy when you move your feet around on them just like the WeatherTechs, etc.

If your feet will be muddy a LOT - I'd go with the KAGU. If not - I'd check out the carpeted version. I will get these from now on for sure. They are both great though.
      02-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #26
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I like the carpeted ones, very similar to the Lund Catch All mats I had in my Tahoe. In photos it looks like they may cover the door sill trim plate. Do they or is that just the angle of the pic?
Is the black, true black or dark charcoal like the factory carpet? If I can't get them to match the carpet, I may just get the kagu ones and only use them in bad weather. Really would prefer the carpeted style for full time use though, since we live in the desert and track a lot of sand and small gravel into the vehicles.

Last edited by notslow; 02-27-2021 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 10:57 AM   #27
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by notslow View Post
I like the carpeted ones, very similar to the Lund Catch All mats I had in my Tahoe. In photos it looks like they may cover the door sill trim plate. Do they or is that just the angle of the pic?
Is the black, true black or dark charcoal like the factory carpet? If I can't get them to match the carpet, I may just get the kagu ones and only use them in bad weather. Really would prefer the carpeted style for full time use though, since we live in the desert and track a lot of sand and small gravel into the vehicles.
They actually do cover a little over half of the door sill. They don't cover it completely, but cover enough that an occupant sitting in the seat can't get his foot on to it. They also cover about 90% of the dead pedal in the driver seat and go back far enough that the back Edge is a little under the seat when I'm at my driving position. I've never accidentally got in my foot off them in normal driving positions.

This is my first set of the carpeted. The pictures do not do them Justice. They match much better in person. The carpet is almost two tone and the lighter tone is a good match for my tan interior, so it's almost like a matching contrast. My camera just won't capture it correctly. I have never had a set of black carpeted ones, only the non carpeted ones which I've had two different sets of. But if the black is like the tan and has that two tone look to it I think it would match perfectly.

If you are an Amazon Prime member you could probably order them and send them back for no cost if they're not exactly right. Or order both and send back the ones that do not match.

I have had mine for over 2 years now and I still love them. if they make them for whatever my next vehicle is I will buy them again no questions asked.
      02-27-2021, 03:59 PM   #28
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Okay, I'm getting the KAGU for sure after seeing the overlap. This is great protection with muddy feet, but would drive me nuts if it was like that all the time.

Does anyone know what goes better with the stock carpet, black or gray? Hard to tell if the gray is dark enough or more of a medium gray.
The pics by coverstyle in this thread make the black look like a perfect match to the carpet.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 03:52 PM   #29
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay, I'm getting the KAGU for sure after seeing the overlap. This is great protection with muddy feet, but would drive me nuts if it was like that all the time.

Does anyone know what goes better with the stock carpet, black or gray? Hard to tell if the gray is dark enough or more of a medium gray.
The pics by coverstyle in this thread make the black look like a perfect match to the carpet.

Either way - even if you take them in our out - the carpet ones are the exact same - just with a mini-layer of super tough carpet. The pro's and Cons are the same even if you take them in and out.

Here you can see it with the door closed and open. And you can see how they stand up to boots - which is why they were dirty in these pictures from my farm weekend - but I went at lunch and vac them right out. I love them. That lip up onto the sill insures if you dump a gallon of milk in there - it will hold it all in. It is not "flapping" over up there - it is molded to it if that makes sense?

I've had them both and they never let me down, but I wish I would have went carpet with my last one as I would have left them in all year long! You'll like either I am sure.
Attached Images

12-23-2021, 03:58 AM   #30
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I got the non carpeted ones. Didn't like the 3d logo, so I swapped it for an M logo. Just what it needed, another M logo, lol. Had to put something to fill the space where the 3d logo was.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ggunn9160.00
      12-23-2021, 06:13 AM   #31
DBV1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5d 2021 Tesla S

Quote:
I got the non carpeted ones. Didn't like the 3d logo, so I swapped it for an M logo. Just what it needed, another M logo, lol. Had to put something to fill the space where the 3d logo was.
That is a great idea. How did you do that? I wish Kagu would just ship the mat without the logo, as it really ruins the look.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #32
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Popped the old one off. It has clips holding it on the back that have to be cut out pryed off. I heated the area on a lower setting of the heat gun until it softened a bit and pushing the new emblem hard in place to give it the shape. Glued the news emblem on with a few drops of Goop, flexible adhesive. Took about 10 minutes to do both mats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ggunn9160.00
HJ478.00
      01-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #33
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
I actually like them both. my other SUV get rougher action, so I like the Kagu in there. It hauls mulch, I take it hunting, all that. For the X5 I wanted something in between as I just needed something to keep the snow and salt out in the winter, yet still look like normal floor mats. They are a perfect compromise for the X5, but I would not want them in my other SUV.

They are the same liner underneth, one just adds a tiny layer of carpet to them.
Do you have a link to the carpeted ones? I'm only seeing the Kagu line on Amazon. I saw them in person and thought they looked great for an all weather mat, carpeted would be even better.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #34
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
Quote:
I actually like them both. my other SUV get rougher action, so I like the Kagu in there. It hauls mulch, I take it hunting, all that. For the X5 I wanted something in between as I just needed something to keep the snow and salt out in the winter, yet still look like normal floor mats. They are a perfect compromise for the X5, but I would not want them in my other SUV.

They are the same liner underneth, one just adds a tiny layer of carpet to them.
Do you have a link to the carpeted ones? I'm only seeing the Kagu line on Amazon. I saw them in person and thought they looked great for an all weather mat, carpeted would be even better.
I got mine off Amazon but it's been several years. I have the fronts and the middle seats in carpet but my cargo one is the non-carpet. maybe they're not making them anymore? maybe check ebay? or just Google shopping?
      01-16-2022, 12:19 PM   #35
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I got mine off Amazon but it's been several years. I have the fronts and the middle seats in carpet but my cargo one is the non-carpet. maybe they're not making them anymore? maybe check ebay? or just Google shopping?
I found em eventually...unfortunately the carpeted ones are only currently available in black in the front, not in the back. And tan would look odd with my interior. I'll hold off to see if they come in stock before my next ski trip.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 04:37 PM   #36
Xstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35iX (gone)

Quote:
I found em eventually...unfortunately the carpeted ones are only currently available in black in the front, not in the back. And tan would look odd with my interior. I'll hold off to see if they come in stock before my next ski trip.
The original versions were for the front only. It looks like the 3D F&R (new version) carpet mats are available for F15 but cost a pretty penny more the original set.

https://www.autoanything.com/floor-m...ant-floor-mats

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...l/x5/year/2016
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1366.00
      01-17-2022, 02:14 AM   #37
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstar View Post
The original versions were for the front only. It looks like the 3D F&R (new version) carpet mats are available for F15 but cost a pretty penny more the original set.

Thanks for the links. They look good, potentially as good as the factory ones which I didn't really find to be as high quality as previous BMWs I've had. I figure my two options are to mismatch the front carpet ones off amazon with the non-carpet back one (about 70 + 70), or shell out the extra hundred bucks for matching carpet ones from one of the vendors you listed.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 01:47 PM   #38
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstar View Post

I bought my front and rear carpet ones separately probably about 4 years ago???

I have also had the KAGU one in 2 other vehicles of mine and liked them too - but the carpet ones are the best of all worlds to me. I leave them in year round and everyone is shocked when I tell them they are all weather and not to worry about their shoes. With the KAGU I swapped back and forth - with these I just leave them in - they look great.

Worst thing about that company is their marketing and availability. It's almost nonexistent.
      01-24-2022, 01:51 PM   #39
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Also - I just looked and it seems they have added to the line.

https://3dmatsusa.com/material?vehic...icle_year=2015
      01-24-2022, 02:17 PM   #40
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Also - I just looked and it seems they have added to the line.

https://3dmatsusa.com/material?vehic...icle_year=2015
Those 'elegant' ones look nice, out of stock though. Too bad shipping from any of these sites (3dmats, autoanything, summit) will take way too long for my needs. I was about to pull the trigger today until I got to checkout and saw their shipping times.

Now my options are anything that's on Amazon since I need it before Feb 18, the BMW mats are the same price as Maxpider and I may just get those instead...little less practical but it's OEM which is nice, velcros to the factory pads etc.
https://www.amazon.com/BMW-51-47-2-4...BBMW%2BX5&th=1
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 02:28 PM   #41
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Those 'elegant' ones look nice, out of stock though. Too bad shipping from any of these sites (3dmats, autoanything, summit) will take way too long for my needs. I was about to pull the trigger today until I got to checkout and saw their shipping times.

Now my options are anything that's on Amazon since I need it before Feb 18, the BMW mats are the same price as Maxpider and I may just get those instead...little less practical but it's OEM which is nice, velcros to the factory pads etc.
https://www.amazon.com/BMW-51-47-2-4...BBMW%2BX5&th=1
My car came with the BMW OEM All Weathers and I hated them. They are thick and stiff as shit - at least mine were. Even with the velcro I still had to chase them around a little. Your experience might be better than mine, but I didn't care for them.

That fine "fuzz" on the back of the Maxpider 3D holds them in place 100% - they never move an inch on me.

If you lived close - I'd give you my BMW ones to tied you over!
      01-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #42
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My car came with the BMW OEM All Weathers and I hated them. They are thick and stiff as shit - at least mine were. Even with the velcro I still had to chase them around a little. Your experience might be better than mine, but I didn't care for them.

That fine "fuzz" on the back of the Maxpider 3D holds them in place 100% - they never move an inch on me.

If you lived close - I'd give you my BMW ones to tied you over!
I appreciate the offer! Thanks for the advice on the BMW ones...maybe its best to avoid them. I've always hated rubber mats frankly but the Kagu looks better than rubber.

Do you know if this "classic" mat is the one you have? The loop of the carpet looks different, but if this is good enough then I'm fine with this in the front and Kagu in the back since it's convenient to have a place to set wet/dirty/oily things within arms reach.
https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-L...me=2015+BMW+X5
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 05:12 PM   #43
Xstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35iX (gone)

Findway

How about Findway mats?
https://www.findway.ca/f518-3d-car-f...-velcro/09250b
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #44
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I appreciate the offer! Thanks for the advice on the BMW ones...maybe its best to avoid them. I've always hated rubber mats frankly but the Kagu looks better than rubber.

Do you know if this "classic" mat is the one you have? The loop of the carpet looks different, but if this is good enough then I'm fine with this in the front and Kagu in the back since it's convenient to have a place to set wet/dirty/oily things within arms reach.
https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-L...me=2015+BMW+X5

I know a lot of people have the BMW all weather and like them - but I did not. They seem to be too "thick" and stiff. The gaps around mine drove me nuts and the sound of my feet moving around on them reminded me of a Mack truck.

In my opinion - the KAGU ones are far better than the OEM ones as they fit like a glove and do not move around - ever. It's almost like the entire underside is covered in a sort of mild velcro and grabs the carpet. Still easy to remove, but they do not slide around.

I think the carpet ones take it one step further and give the sounds deadening and feel of normal velour mats with the all weather protection of the KAGU. About 1-2 times a year I pull them out and simple green them and then power wash them and they look new again. And I hunt in mine, so they see mud covered muck boots and all that occasionally, not just a little snow on my loafers.

The "Elegant" ones looks closest to what I have - and might be the same. I have them in the front and back and then the KAGU liner in the cargo area. So far I have not even considered I should have gotten something else - they have been exactly what I hoped when I got them.

I like the all KAGU set up I had in 2 prior vehicles too, but the carpet ones just took it to another level for me. I'd buy them again at twice the price.