BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2024, 08:06 PM   #1
RomeoXantos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 16 X5M

Oil Temperature Lower Than Usual

I’ve had my F85 for almost 4 years. The oil temperature always sat at a bit over the first dot since I’ve had it. Recently its not reaching that point at all. If I’m driving on the highway for a long period of time it almost gets to the dot. As soon as I start driving in the city it immediately starts to drop and sometimes goes down to 70 degree mark. The other day the check engine light came on and also the warning saying “Engine temperature high: drive moderately to cool engine. I took it to a local indy shop and they replaced the thermostat and coolant temperature sensor. They said the water pump was working as it should.

The check engine light is gone but it still doesn’t get up to the normal temperature. I searched a bit and saw the transmission cooler has a thermostat as well. Would that being bad keep the oil temp gauge from reading the normal mark?
Appreciate 0