E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Headlight options e90 pre lci

01-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Headlight options e90 pre lci

So im happy with the rest of my car but the front looks very plain and boring having pre lci halogen headlights.

Just wondering what my options are?

I would love some xenons but paying the best part of £500 just for the lights then needing all the rest and coding etc i just cant justify it on my car.

I know lci halogens are an option with upgraded led rings to give it a better look but there has not been none for ages pop up at a decent price that aint got lugs broken or scratches all over them.

Has anyone gone for aftermarket projectors? If so where from and how much?

If not anyone got any better suggestions

All answers/replies welcome
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

i am tempted by going for some BiXenon projectors from theretrofitsource:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701284

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...l#.VMiqWWisVzs

but i also have some LCI lights, so am swithering on wether to modify the LCI lights with the Projectors :O (i like the indicator much better on LCI)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
borinous
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

Im in the same boat want to upgrade but don't really want to pay out for oem xenons plus have all the agro of wiring and coding. I would if i got a set for a good price but would much prefer a plug and play set up.

Like the look of the Bi-xenon option but id want angel eyes as well. can they be retro fitted?

I have seen someone with OEM xenon headlights use an aftermarket HID kit so you got the OEM look but with plug and play capabitly. they were on sale on here a while back just couldnt fund the purchase at the time
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 07:32 AM   #4
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

yea theretrofitsource also sell LED rings. you just need to measure the lights and see what size you need
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

From what I can recall, retro fit of projectors into OEM halogen lights from the E90 are very hard, as the lamps themselves do not split very easily at all (in contrast to E92/3).

The advice is to go OEM xenon and fit those, or look for after market options from the likes of Depo etc, who sell complete headlamps with angel eyes and projectors. They will not be bi-xenon however.

Hope that helps.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Oooo now that is abit of me trying the retrofit

Have previously done this twice on a lupo and a mk4 golf to black the headlights with good succession

Going to have a good look in to this tonight as i am very tempted although splitting the glass will not be as easy as other cars

I would add the led halo's aswel, would give it a very unique look.

I will keep an eye out for a broken headlight to see how hard they are to split.

If i painted the inside in sparkling graphite would it need to be heat resistent paint or do these bi-xenon projectors not get that hot?

Also are lci halogens easier to split?

Thanks for the replies
      01-29-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
Pumper
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D

Just go for LCI halogens. Completely transforms the look of the car's nose. I don't think that the xenons are worth at least the 2x higher initial price tag and all the hassle that will come with retrofitting all of the extra electronics.
      01-29-2015, 01:34 AM   #8
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumper
Just go for LCI halogens. Completely transforms the look of the car's nose. I don't think that the xenons are worth at least the 2x higher initial price tag and all the hassle that will come with retrofitting all of the extra electronics.
I know what ypur saying but for £150 i can get bi xenons and super bright led rings,
If i get lci halogens roughly going for £300 atm then buy new bulbs for the halo's im looking at £350 ish.

And doing the retrofit will guve it a unique look that not many others will have