E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My car advert is live, is it good?

10-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

My car advert is live, is it good?

Link

My first time selling a car privately, have i done well?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #2
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Yep its good. Photos are decent aswell. Not much to put on autotrader as it writes the stuff yourself that you tick.

Glws
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Good to hear... there is limited space to write so only can put important points across.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 02:40 AM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Lol at no modifications
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 03:04 AM   #5
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

none on the car nOw
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 04:09 AM   #6
pmmcbl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M-Sport

Mmm I think you forgot to say what is the colour under the wrap. Don't want to come across rude. Considering the mileage is your car maybe a touch expensive?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
ed330D
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: E92 330D

So what do we know from the advert?
It's high mileage.
It's wrapped, so can't check the bodywork.
There's two other nice cars on the drive, so you probably need to sell (as in must).
There's important stuff missing, eg when was the last service, and what did it include. And list all the good stuff, eg fully electric seats with memory

The pictures have a lot of distraction. Next time drive to a nice location, with no other cars in the background, the car on level ground so it sits right, etc. Don't include pictures that detract, eg the one showing a very well worn driver's seat. Make sure each picture counts, eg don't have pictures that are just a slight variation of another one

The description is muddled. You mix servicing up with the car's description. Better if, for example, you first describe the car and it's extras, and then detail it's service history. Don't repeat yourself.

It's probably over priced: Parkers are talking £9230 for an 80,000 mile car. I'm guessing you've spent quite a lot on this car, and are trying to recoup it.

You did ask, so don't take it personal, I'm just trying to help you sell what looks like a nice car.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 05:51 AM   #8
VickersUK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d Msport

If you fancy selling the selling the LCI lights and I can send you my standard ones to stick on there it probably won't affect the car's sale price so you might get a few more quid in your pocket?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
pmmcbl
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed330D View Post
It's high mileage.
There's two other nice cars on the drive, so you probably need to sell (as in must).
There's important stuff missing, eg when was the last service, and what did it include. And list all the good stuff, eg fully electric seats with memory

The pictures have a lot of distraction. Next time drive to a nice location, with no other cars in the background, the car on level ground so it sits right, etc. Don't include pictures that detract, eg the one showing a very well worn driver's seat. Make sure each picture counts, eg don't have pictures that are just a slight variation of another one

The description is muddled. You mix servicing up with the car's description. Better if, for example, you first describe the car and it's extras, and then detail it's service history. Don't repeat yourself.

It's probably over priced: Parkers are talking £9230 for an 80,000 mile car. I'm guessing you've spent quite a lot on this car, and are trying to recoup it.

You did ask, so don't take it personal, I'm just trying to help you sell what looks like a nice car.
Remember that on auto trader you are limited to what you can write. Also they add things for you. I guess you could takes pics on a park but the key thing is good quality pics, I agree about the wrapping and what it could be hiding below. Of course if this becomes an issue when you get people around, you should remove it. I agree with the fact the car is over priced. For that money you can get something with nearly half the mileage and a few years younger. Good spec so should be easy to sell.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 06:57 AM   #10
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed330D View Post
It's high mileage.

you are right. it is abit muddled i need to re-write it again.

im going to try to see if anyone want to buy the car with the wrap first if not i will remove it. i really need to show all the service history, and all the warranty replacement parts right.

thanks for taking time pointing out to me
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #11
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmcbl View Post
Mmm I think you forgot to say what is the colour under the wrap. Don't want to come across rude. Considering the mileage is your car maybe a touch expensive?
I've did say the car is silver underneath, i understand why people would think it is a little expensive but being a lower tax car, and no problems with turbos /injectors and fuel pump + my car has alot of options and Birds B3 suspension kit, listing for 13.250 but aiming to accept 12,500.

if it doesn't sell i revert all back to normal and sell the parts indivdually and sell the car for 11,000 easily, probably much easier to sell than a wrapped car

i've seen other 08 cars with similar millage listed up for 12-13ish, its only been up for the day so i will see if it doesn't go in 2-3 weeks( half the advert age ) then i do some thing else
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #12
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Nice car and some good feedback.

WM
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #13
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

I didnt want to mention price but being a wrapped car it already knocks the price down anyway even tho it looks better its always the case. Even with brids £13250 is mind blowing with 97k. What did autotrader advise? Around 9k i reckon?

I know you say turbos have no problems but it doesnt mean u make people pay more cause youve got no problems. With or without the wrap i think 10k is still steep for it. Mileage is a big issue and im learning the hardway myself with mine which is 103k on. But its e93 and manual and i cant even get 8k for msport and satnav etc
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #14
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
I didnt want to mention price but being a wrapped car it already knocks the price down anyway even tho it looks better its always the case. Even with brids £13250 is mind blowing with 97k. What did autotrader advise? Around 9k i reckon?

I know you say turbos have no problems but it doesnt mean u make people pay more cause youve got no problems. With or without the wrap i think 10k is still steep for it. Mileage is a big issue and im learning the hardway myself with mine which is 103k on. But its e93 and manual and i cant even get 8k for msport and satnav etc
Autotrader said 9800 , i see how it goes for a few weeks then i adjust it down but lets see is on the same page as me.

I think if someone comes to view they will buy since the car is like brand new apart fromthe worned seats.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #15
pmmcbl
Lieutenant
Rep

I promise this will be the last time before you get more annoyed with me. When I was looking someone added a E90 for 19k which was over priced. Within 3 weeks the same car was going for 16k. Now I wasn't interested but it gives the impression the seller was either playing the market or desperate to sell the car. This will but the buyer in a stronger position to bargain. There are loads f time wasters out there. Piston heads and BMW sites are the best place to sell your car. Auto trader is best for standard cars. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #16
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmmcbl View Post
I promise this will be the last time before you get more annoyed with me. When I was looking someone added a E90 for 19k which was over priced. Within 3 weeks the same car was going for 16k. Now I wasn't interested but it gives the impression the seller was either playing the market or desperate to sell the car. This will but the buyer in a stronger position to bargain. There are loads f time wasters out there. Piston heads and BMW sites are the best place to sell your car. Auto trader is best for standard cars. Good luck
why would i get annoyed?? im happy everyone is trying to help and giving me advices. thanks everyone
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #17
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Alan
You know that you looked after the car well and spent good money. Perhaps potential buyer will hardly realize it (though you made an effort to make it clear).
Other forum members have already given you pearls of wisdom so just adding...

Selling point of 335i is performance secondary to modifications and getting max out of it. Having said that most will go with low mileage 335i to put the bmw warranty on the car and add the mods to have hassle free motoring.

Only those will go with your car who want to gamble and run 335i without warranty and in that case, all the work is carried out. So to start with you have limited market due to slightly high miles (for 335i cars). So those who will gamble, they will try their best to buy cheapish 335i which may exclude your car.

As said earlier, give it a go on autotrader and on piston head.

There is strong chance that you will split the mods especially the birds suspension. As potential buyers will want that for free! So if no luck in 2-4 weeks, then splits the mods.

GLWS.
      10-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

To compose an ad with AutoTrader Alan's a bit of an art as there's load of script that sadly you can't quite manipulate to suit your requirments as everything seems to be tick box generated to a degree

As Makk's expalined the big thing re a 335i is the performacne it offers, hence why we buy them, you can have a lot less pain with a 325i but still have the looks but thats not the point.

You've got/had some tasty mods on the car some of which potentual buyers will look to do and your car should stand out as the the works done, but some looking for a 335i may not appreciate the difference hence you'd need to "sell it on the day" on here you won't get an issue most if not all will fully understand. Some however in the wider market may not.

Again as Makk's stated if the mods don't do the talking the options there to part out return to std drop the price a tad and sell the mods to recoupe some funds that way though not as tidy it will be an alternative.

As you know Alan through talking I'm on the same path re selling(soonish)and I wish you luck in selling your car and moving on to the next chapter
      10-12-2015, 04:35 AM   #19
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Whenever I create an Autotrader advert, I don't tick any of the specification boxes and free type all information.

With regards to pics, look at some of the trader adverts and you will get a good idea of good camera shot angles.

They often do a front right pic of the car with the wheel turned left so that you can see the face of the wheel. That's usually the primary advert photo
Appreciate 0