BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - California

03-29-2022, 12:23 AM   #1
MaximusBey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX (on order)

Any bay area peeps down to let me test drive?

Hey all - I've got an M3CX on order, slated for Week 17. I have yet to drive one or hell, even SEE, one in real life. Would love to hang out, see one and if possible, drive for a bit.

I'm willing to show my Driver's License, and even paystubs (LOL) if it helps people feel comfortable. I'm 35, male, work in tech. Bay area native.

Hit me up if you're down! I'm in Alameda. Would be willing to pay for lunch and with the way gas prices are, I'll drop on the tank
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-29-2022, 04:25 AM   #2
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusBey View Post
Hey all - I've got an M3CX on order, slated for Week 17. I have yet to drive one or hell, even SEE, one in real life. Would love to hang out, see one and if possible, drive for a bit.

I'm willing to show my Driver's License, and even paystubs (LOL) if it helps people feel comfortable. I'm 35, male, work in tech. Bay area native.

Hit me up if you're down! I'm in Alameda. Would be willing to pay for lunch and with the way gas prices are, I'll drop on the tank
I know some guys in the Bay Area with some cars. Maybe they can find someone close to you, that can help you out. I'm about 2 hours from SF, or I would be able to make the trip.

If you wanna see a car, you wanna see an M3, anyway. Me, Mike, and Jeremy, all have M4s. Lets see if they know someone that has an M3 they can set you up with?

M_Adaptive kbanga @[M.Dreamin]

Jeremy, I'm trying to tag Mike, but it wont let me. See if you guys can get a hold of him.

Check this thread. Largest California G8x Meetup to date ///2.12.22 https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1900009

Appreciate 1
      03-29-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:

Hey I'm in the A and can meet up for a bit if you like. I can take you for a drive but probably not let you drive it lol. Shoot me a PM
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-29-2022, 03:28 PM   #4
m.dreamin
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

If/when y'all meet up for lunch or something, I can try to make it as well. I'm over in Fairfax, so not too far. Admittedly I wouldn't let anyone drive my car that isn't on my insurance policy. I suspect you're responsible enough, but I just don't want the risk. Crazy things happen.

Still, it is good to see these machines and sit in them. I never test drove one before ordering mine. I only sat it one at the dealership for a special event where folks with orders like me could see it in the flesh. I knew I already wanted it bad, which seems to be the case with you.

Fair warning: once you see and sit in them, it'll make the wait all that much harder for your delivery. ��

M_Adaptive might be able to make it as well. We both have G82s, so it won't be a one for one but close enough.
      03-29-2022, 05:21 PM   #5
MaximusBey
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
Hey I'm in the A and can meet up for a bit if you like. I can take you for a drive but probably not let you drive it lol. Shoot me a PM
hahaha makes sense, man. I don't think I'd trust a random internet enthusiast to drive my car, either lol

Appreciate the offer. I'll PM you.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13472.00
      03-29-2022, 05:24 PM   #6
MaximusBey
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.dreamin View Post
If/when y'all meet up for lunch or something, I can try to make it as well. I'm over in Fairfax, so not too far. Admittedly I wouldn't let anyone drive my car that isn't on my insurance policy. I suspect you're responsible enough, but I just don't want the risk. Crazy things happen.

Still, it is good to see these machines and sit in them. I never test drove one before ordering mine. I only sat it one at the dealership for a special event where folks with orders like me could see it in the flesh. I knew I already wanted it bad, which seems to be the case with you.

Fair warning: once you see and sit in them, it'll make the wait all that much harder for your delivery. ��

M_Adaptive might be able to make it as well. We both have G82s, so it won't be a one for one but close enough.
Yo! I follow you on IG LOL Ill hit you up on there!! And thanks!!
Appreciate 1
m.dreamin1610.00
      03-29-2022, 05:33 PM   #7
m.dreamin
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Yo! I follow you on IG LOL Ill hit you up on there!! And thanks!!
Another Bay Area G8x driver! Right on!
      04-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #8
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I have let people sit in mine to try the buckets, but not drive it.
Appreciate 1