Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Marketplace Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2021 M340 x-drive with MPE for sale

06-10-2023, 02:58 PM   #1
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey everyone!
I have a G80 arriving soon late august and I’m looking to sell it for a reasonable price so someone else can continue enjoying the car vs giving back to the dealer and they sell it for 54k. 2 keys & M key card will be included.

Clean title, I just replaced all 4 tires, it’s fully loaded only missing the autonomous driving. Never smoked in nor did anyone ever eat in the car. It’s tinted with xpel xr plus (15% all around 50% windshield) and was ceramic coated back in 2020. I really don't take a lot of pics of the car. More pics available upon request & feel free to request the angle / view you would like to see.

Attached Images

Last edited by Casone238; 06-10-2023 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 09:40 PM   #2
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
Hey everyone!
I have a G80 arriving soon (late July or early august) and I’m looking to sell it for a reasonable price so someone else can continue enjoying the car vs giving back to the dealer and they sell it for 54k. 2 keys & M key card will be attached.

***Please note I would be ready to sell once my G80 or my wife’s X5 arrives. Which both have an estimated delivery between late July early august.***

Clean title, I just replaced all 4 tires, it’s fully loaded only missing the autonomous driving. Never smoked in nor did anyone ever eat in the car. It’s tinted with xpel xr plus and was ceramic coated back in 2020. I really don't take a lot of pics of the car. More pics available upon request & feel free to request the angle / view you would like to see.
Pm’d
      06-10-2023, 10:21 PM   #3
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa1 View Post
Pm’d
It seems like I can’t send photos in a PM
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 12:05 AM   #4
kingzane
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Pm sent
Appreciate 1
Casone238527.50
      06-11-2023, 09:24 AM   #5
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

The car does need a wash however it’s going to rain the next few days.
Attached Images

Last edited by Casone238; 06-11-2023 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
TNAXZ0.00
      06-16-2023, 08:50 PM   #6
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

I stand corrected I do I have the build sheet!
Attached Images

Last edited by Casone238; 06-16-2023 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 08:55 AM   #7
tgrundke
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M340xi; '16 GTI Autobahn

Garage List
2023 M340  [10.00]
Great spec, and great price!
Appreciate 1
Casone238527.50
      06-19-2023, 11:34 PM   #8
GD1981
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

This should move fast at that price.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 12:15 AM   #9
cleanflow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 05:15 PM   #10
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
When was the in-service date? How much warranty is left? I just shared this with someone I know who’s looking.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

06-20-2023, 07:02 PM   #11
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
When was the in-service date? How much warranty is left? I just shared this with someone I know who’s looking.
I have to check the exact date however I got it serviced early last month. Free Maintenance ends in October- you can extend for another 3 yrs for 100$. The new vehicle warranty ends October of 2024.

Thanks & I appreciate it, however I do have someone very serious and is flying in, in a few weeks to look at the car in person. If he’s likes it he’s going to buy it. I can keep ya updated if it doesn’t fall through.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 09:08 PM   #12
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have to check the exact date however I got it serviced early last month. Free Maintenance ends in October- you can extend for another 3 yrs for 100$. The new vehicle warranty ends October of 2024.

Thanks & I appreciate it, however I do have someone very serious and is flying in, in a few weeks to look at the car in person. If he’s likes it he’s going to buy it. I can keep ya updated if it doesn’t fall through.
I’m a little confused. If you have a buyer who wants it now are you not prepared to sell it now?

Just fyi - I’m not exactly sure what you’re thinking of about extending the maintenance, but I can assure it cannot be extended by three years for $100. I think maybe you’re thinking of transferring what’s left of the initial three years to a subsequent owner for $100. That can be done. The standard rule is the maintenance plan only applies to the original owner, but BMW is allowing it to be transferred to the new owner for $100. I did that with my 2018 F30 340i and got the brake fluid flush done under the maintenance plan.

06-20-2023, 09:20 PM   #13
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m a little confused. If you have a buyer who wants it now are you not prepared to sell it now?

Just fyi - I’m not exactly sure what you’re thinking of about extending the maintenance, but I can assure it cannot be extended by three years for $100. I think maybe you’re thinking of transferring what’s left of the initial three years to a subsequent owner for $100. That can be done. The standard rule is the maintenance plan only applies to the original owner, but BMW is allowing it to be transferred to the new owner for $100. I did that with my 2018 F30 340i and got the brake fluid flush done under the maintenance plan.
I’m just going by what’s showing up in my garage.
Basically the M340 is currently my only car. I need it to get around. My wife has a X5 currently in production and my G80 just got on the boat being shipped here. I listed it early just because if it is not sold by the time my G80 arrives I will have to return it to the dealer. Also I didn’t expect the car to be sold in a few days, to my surprise the interest is much higher then I anticipated. However I’ll be able to sell the car in a couple of weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 09:42 PM   #14
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, that “refresh” option you see is for a subsequent owner to continue whatever is left of the original 36 months after the original owner sells the car.

06-20-2023, 09:47 PM   #15
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So, fyi - if you’re planning to buy out the lease to sell the car you should plan to do that ahead of time. Depending on your state, in the majority of states you can no longer just pay off the lease and have BMWFS send you the title. They will send you a document that you must submit to your DMV to apply for a new title in your name. And you will have to have that title in your name before you can sell the car to a private party.

06-20-2023, 10:44 PM   #16
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the heads up!
I have contacted bmwfs and they told me the buyer can buy out my car on my behalf. They overnight me the title and I have a dmv right by my house that I can go to and reassign the title to. Which I’ve explained to the buyers who have contacted me privately.

The reason why I won’t buy it out myself then sell it is because of the approval process. With the 2 cars & a house it’s highly unlikely I would get approved for another loan. Even if it all goes through that stuff takes a while to get off your credit report even after it’s sold.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:35 PM   #17
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!
I have contacted bmwfs and they told me the buyer can buy out my car on my behalf. They overnight me the title and I have a dmv right by my house that I can go to and reassign the title to. Which I’ve explained to the buyers who have contacted me privately.

The reason why I won’t buy it out myself then sell it is because of the approval process. With the 2 cars & a house it’s highly unlikely I would get approved for another loan. Even if it all goes through that stuff takes a while to get off your credit report even after it’s sold.
I’m not sure if you are in Connecticut or New York, but I would suggest checking with BMWFS one more time and making sure they understand what you intend to do. From info I’ve seen here on the forums I have a little recollection that BMWFS may send you the title in New York, but I’m not certain of that and I have no knowledge about what they are doing for Connecticut.

For the majority of states now BMWFS is not sending the title. The other issue is that because BMWFS is the actual owner listed on the title of leased BMWs a new title has to be issued in the lessee’s name before it can be sold. I would make sure of all of this so you don’t get stuck in a situation where you can’t complete the sale of the car.

One other thing I’ll mention. As a buyer I would be very reluctant (probably unwilling) to pay off another person’s loan/lease and then have the unencumbered title released to anyone other than myself or the financial institution that was financing the purchase.

06-21-2023, 08:28 AM   #18
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’m not sure if you are in Connecticut or New York, but I would suggest checking with BMWFS one more time and making sure they understand what you intend to do. From info I’ve seen here on the forums I have a little recollection that BMWFS may send you the title in New York, but I’m not certain of that and I have no knowledge about what they are doing for Connecticut.

For the majority of states now BMWFS is not sending the title. The other issue is that because BMWFS is the actual owner listed on the title of leased BMWs a new title has to be issued in the lessee’s name before it can be sold. I would make sure of all of this so you don’t get stuck in a situation where you can’t complete the sale of the car.

One other thing I’ll mention. As a buyer I would be very reluctant (probably unwilling) to pay off another person’s loan/lease and then have the unencumbered title released to anyone other than myself or the financial institution that was financing the purchase.
I spoke to bmwfs and I was very clear on my intentions and they even highlighted where on my paperwork once they receive the payment (which does not have to come from me) they will send the title to the address listed on file unless I specify to send it another address. It can’t be a P.O. Box. Even if they do send it to my NY address that is a 35 min drive from my new address and family still lives at my NY addres so that’s not a big deal if they send it there.

You are right some have backed out due to the process some are still willing. If I was seller I would be very cautious, however I told the buyer that’s flying out how does he want the process to play out so that he is confident and has a peace of mind through out the process. We already worked something out.

Another thing regardless I have to go to the dmv to turn in the plates which has to been at the dmv in NY, so if I can’t reassign the title at the dmv in CT I’ll do it in NY, I’m still in NY 2-3 times a week.

I really appreciate your input. I have done my due diligence and my brother sold his lease with his jeep grand Cherokee (similiar process) when he ordered his trackhawk. I have spoken to him about how that process was for him and working with that company.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 12:23 AM   #19
Akhan47
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Id be interested in purchasing this. But do you have an update to the ETA of your G80?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 08:35 AM   #20
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhan47 View Post
Id be interested in purchasing this. But do you have an update to the ETA of your G80?
My G80 is on the boat scheduled to arrive July 7th. My wife’s X5 in is production scheduled to finish on Tuesday.

I’ll be out the country for 12 days so when I get back I’ll be expecting delivery of my wife’s X5 & a date from the PCD to take delivery for the g80.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 02:32 PM   #21
lensar
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Questions

Hello, is the asking price of $49k is the buyout price at the end of the lease? I saw the listing and I have been looking for M340i for a while and just created an account so it doesn't allow me to PM yet but I may be interested to take over the lease. How much are you paying a month and what is the down are you asking?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 04:09 PM   #22
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensar View Post
Hello, is the asking price of $49k is the buyout price at the end of the lease? I saw the listing and I have been looking for M340i for a while and just created an account so it doesn't allow me to PM yet but I may be interested to take over the lease. How much are you paying a month and what is the down are you asking?
The lease ends in October - I’m not sure would want to take over a lease for 2-3 months tops. Just for the sake of information my lease is $660 a month. My buy out currently is 45k that including taxes, fees and the current 3 months of payments remaining.
Appreciate 0