E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Space Gray or Sapph. Black?

06-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
bmwbenz0101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Space Gray or Sapph. Black?

Called my dealer today...he has the order form for the 3 series coupe. He can't put anything into the computer yet, but I can still tell him the options and stuff now, so that hopefully I'll be one of the first to recieve their new coupe. So...the question is...what color do I get. Saphire Black with Black interior and aluminum trim, or space gray with black interior with gray poplar interior. I really love the new space gray color, but I know you can't go wrong with black on black. I'm nervous to see space gray in person, and I know I probably won't see more than one or two e92 before I get mine. When I first saw the e90 I loved the sparkling graphite color, but when I saw it in person I was shocked by the purple and bronze hues in it. I'm scared that space gray will have light blue hues in it. Also, the gray poplar looks great in pictures, and I want something a little more classy than the aluminum trim, but I'm hoping it won't look as cheap as the other wood trims I have seen in the 3 series. SO please help me out, what color should I get.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
CMC
OO(|||)(|||)OO
Rep
Drives: b6 A4 quattro & e85 Z4 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbenz0101
... space gray with black interior with gray poplar interior. .. sparkling graphite color, but when I saw it in person I was shocked by the purple and bronze hues in it. I'm scared that space gray will have light blue hues in it. Also, the gray poplar looks great in pictures, and I want something a little more classy than the aluminum trim, but I'm hoping it won't look as cheap as the other wood trims I have seen in the 3 series. SO please help me out, what color should I get.
I'm going with space grey, black leather and grey poplar. Black exterior is just too hard to keep clean. My boss used to have an Infiniti Q45 with a grey wood trim; it looked so cool in person, almost like it was marble... I'm hoping the BMW grey wood looks like that. As for a blue hue to the space grey, that'd be fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i have SB/BlackInterior/Alum trim... lmao nm.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"

Last edited by just4kickz; 06-22-2006 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #4
SP330
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5

I have a black sapphire z4 3.0si I love it wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't mind taking care of my cars, if you dont have the time or patience you should get space grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
DesiInCT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
Sapphire Black RULES!
      06-23-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
marie-louise
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

My husband's car is Sapphire Black w/ a black interior (and aluminum trim-it's an e46, so he didn't have a choice.) It looks so beautiful... when it's clean. It takes extra effort to keep it that way, but black BMW sedans look so elegant. I particularly like the e46 in black because it has so much black rubber trim. Personally, if I was getting a coupe I'd want something more sporty than black.

Ordered 5/3; picked up at SF Bay Area dealer 6/28 (55 days)
Appreciate 0