Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Flat tire warning light

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
juanedgardo1
Rep
Drives: 325i

Flat tire warning light

I changed my e90 running flat tires and replace it with normal tires. Same size but not running flat ones. Now the flat tire warning light is on . I did a reset several times but still on. Any idea of what can I do to turn of this light???
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Did you check the tire pressure?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
juanedgardo1
Rep

Yes, all tires are air balanced. When I reset the light will come again in 5 seconds. The problem needs to be with the rear tires because I changed the front tires first and everything was OK. A week later I changed the rear ones and the problem started
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
hugus311
Titanium silver + Sport + Premium
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i (E90)

the car needs to be moving when you do the reset of FTM since it makes that its new base line.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

What year is your car so we know which version of TPMS you have? Either the reset is via the OBC or iDrive and car should be rolling. The only time I had
a TPMS warning it was low on air pressure and after filling the car reset itself. Did they change the valve stems on the rears?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
What year is your car so we know which version of TPMS you have? Either the reset is via the OBC or iDrive and car should be rolling. The only time I had
a TPMS warning it was low on air pressure and after filling the car reset itself. Did they change the valve stems on the rears?
He has a 325 - FTM only, no TPMS
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
axis
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugus311 View Post
the car needs to be moving when you do the reset of FTM since it makes that its new base line.
Actually you can't be moving at all, you have to be sitting still when you reset FTM. It won't even let you reset it while moving.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
juanedgardo1
Rep

I did all those things reset about 10 times. This month about 5 more times but the same .All tires are ok and air measured. but this light on the board is really annoying.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
suertudo14
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i (E90)

Exclamation

This threads a couple of months old but did you ever get your issue solved? I have a '06 330i (no iDrive) and I got the same issue when I replaced my winters tires for my summer RFT's... never had any issue last year when I did it but this year, after about a day or so of driving on the RFT's the warning came on. The tires were a tad underinflated (by 2 psi) but they're good to go now and they're holding pressure just like yours. I'm at the exact same spot you were/are. I've read that it might be a software issue and that the dealer might need to do an update, also I've read that all it takes is a code reset from the dealer...either way all the answers seem to point to taking it to the stealer... did you do anything different to solve your issue or did you just take 'er in?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by suertudo14 View Post
This threads a couple of months old but did you ever get your issue solved? I have a '06 330i (no iDrive) and I got the same issue when I replaced my winters tires for my summer RFT's... never had any issue last year when I did it but this year, after about a day or so of driving on the RFT's the warning came on. The tires were a tad underinflated (by 2 psi) but they're good to go now and they're holding pressure just like yours. I'm at the exact same spot you were/are. I've read that it might be a software issue and that the dealer might need to do an update, also I've read that all it takes is a code reset from the dealer...either way all the answers seem to point to taking it to the stealer... did you do anything different to solve your issue or did you just take 'er in?
I posted on another thread.

While in park, scroll to your FTM and select reset then release and repress the button for 2 seconds until you see a box with a check mark. I had this problem at first as well.
I see you're in Calgary as well.
Pm me if you ever need help.
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
ConfusedJeff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Tried to reset FTM cannot get out of warning screen

Hi ,
Had new front tires installed, tires rotated . Forgot to reset the FTM . About an hour later bing bing, the warning goes off. I've read a lot about resetting thru the I drive and/ or the stalk next to the steering wheel but I cannot get out of the warning screen. I've pushed the Idrive in every way and in all directions and my stalk next to then steering wheel does not have a setting for the FTM, just 'check control' , oil, clock. I can't even change the radio or make calls , just the warning screen. Won't go away. I've check the pressures and all is good and cannot see any foreign object in the tire.
called the dealer but all their service advisors are always busy and never return calls. So here I am, sipping wine and waiting for an answer from the experts...06 330i
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:58 PM   #12
ConfusedJeff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Addendum: I again called the dealer here in the SF east bay area . Funny thing when you call a BMW dealer..first you talk to the receptionist who is normally a really cute girl , then you get transferred to the service screener who determines if a service advisor is needed. Then almost always every service advisor is busy with a customer. This has happened to me each time I call my dealer. The screener told me since I did not get the tire replaced at a BMW dealer the FTM cannot be reset. Since i had 'the work' done at an outside shop BMW can never ever ever reset the FTM. She was basically telling me it will be on for the life of the vehicle and I will never again be notified of a flat tire. I would enter the afterlife before the warning would disappear.
She kinda chewed me out for not getting a tire replaced at a BMW dealership.
Seemed a ridiculous rant from her, as I'm thinking that the dealer CAN reset the darn thing. So i had a brainstorm : call another dealer . this time to my surprise I was transferred to an advisor in a timely manner and immediately was told that , of course it can be reset at any dealer.
Appreciate 0