Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Questions about offsets and spacers.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-20-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Questions about offsets and spacers.

I have narrowed my choices in wheels to either CSL reps, Miro 366s and Moven BRS wheels 19" staggered 8.5' front 9.5" rears. At the moment, I am leaning towards the Movens but the front offsets are ET 40(which I believe is ok, and the rear offset is 44). If my logic is correct, should I get 12 mm spacers which would give me an effective 32 offset? 15 mm spacers would give me a 29mm offset which I believe might be to aggressive for the E92 with the General Exclaim UHP tires. Also, since I am really inexperienced in the use of spacers, are thee spacers sold in pairs(makes sense to me) or are prices that I have seen on **********s per spacer? I figure that I will also need longer bolts/studs.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

Your logic is correct, in the method of which you are going about fitting these wheels onto your car with an aggressive offset.

Just to make sure. I would order the wheels first (which you should order from us ) Then mount it onto your car, and confirm your predictions, that a 12mm spacer will indeed fit. I recommend this, since every car is slightly different, and this is just a little extra insurance, unless you want everything asap! haha.

I am also assuming you are going with the 235/35/19 tires in the front and 265/30/19 tires in the rear right?

Yes, our spacer prices are priced per pair, and most all others should be priced per pair as well.

We also have longer bolts/studs on our site, under the same category/section.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

thanks.

-Don
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post
Your logic is correct, in the method of which you are going about fitting these wheels onto your car with an aggressive offset.

Just to make sure. I would order the wheels first (which you should order from us ) Then mount it onto your car, and confirm your predictions, that a 12mm spacer will indeed fit. I recommend this, since every car is slightly different, and this is just a little extra insurance, unless you want everything asap! haha.

I am also assuming you are going with the 235/35/19 tires in the front and 265/30/19 tires in the rear right?

Yes, our spacer prices are priced per pair, and most all others should be priced per pair as well.

thanks.

-Don
How can you tell visually. I have et40 with 275/co PS2s and am considering a 10mm spacer. It "appears" to me this will work, but I really don't know how to check for certain.
      08-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post

thanks.

-Don
Thanks Don. I guess it actually would be easier to get the CSLs but I've always preferred a wheel with a lip and the VM V715 just seem to be a little plain to me. I'll definitely consider the Moven BRS wheels with the spacers. Will be making my decision soon. Fortunately there are quite a few really nice wheels available at an affordable price.
Appreciate 0