05-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigmundUK View Post
First issue - can you run Carplay without the bluetooth/wifi enabled? I thought it needed that.

Second issue - see http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1480096 I'm a little worried as mine is due mid June and I definitely don't want it working like this!
Hi thanks for your reply.

I’m not using CarPlay, although I have it in my car I use the iDrive system as I prefer having access to the whole car and it’s settings rather than being stuck in CarPlay with AppleMaps that doesn’t work with my HUD. So the issue is with the actual iDrive operating system. On a side note though, from my understanding you can use CarPlay via usb but again I haven’t tried it out.

Secondly, I went to BMW Southend today as I was in the area after inspecting a property and showed them the tailgate they said it’s definitely not supposed to stop only after a few inches and should always open fully via tailgate button, interior button or key fob button.

Im gonna book it in for warranty work soon once Bmw can get me a courtesy car. Currently waiting time is more than a month!
Appreciate 0