BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

any photos of Coral red leather and Flamenco Red exterior?

doesn't look bad on BMW site, but matching interior/exterior can be very risky, haven't seen pictures of this combo anywhere (someone has to have it) or even coral red leather on the X6 for that matter.

would love nappa leather but don't think those two tone options would look good with Flamenco red exterior (which we are set on).
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 08:27 AM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I can't imagine it wouldn't clash. The coral red is brighter and has some orange hues to it while the flamenco red seems much deeper and darker (though I've only seen the paint color in pics). I think you can get away with different shades of other colors more than you can with red. Personally, I would go with one of the lighter tan leathers or black, probably black on something sporty like an X6, but I could see ivory looking very good too.

I just checked the build your own just to see and, while neither color looks true to life in those pics, it still clashes to me.

Here's what I think is a realistic pic of the coral red. Can't speak to how realistic the flamenco is but assume it's close:
Name:  coral red.jpg
Views: 5839
Size:  82.7 KB
Name:  flamenco redx6.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  46.6 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by chrisny; 01-22-2015 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Would love nappa leather but don't think those two tone options would look good with Flamenco red exterior (which we are set on).
I think that the brown two-tone would be an issue, but the Ivory should look pretty good. I wouldn't hesitate to go that route with the red exterior. The two-tone Ivory nappa looks a whole lot better in person than in photos. Almost every dude that I've encountered at the dealership has managed to come by and touch it. I don't think that they do the two-tone in a lot of cars and, unlike the nappa that I experienced in a 5series loaner, the nappa in the X6 feels wonderful.

I'm not sure how the red exterior would look in real life, but that photo in the previous post sure makes it look darned sexy.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Sorry to crash in your F16 thread, but BMW really needs to offer more colors like these for F15. Red (maybe not this particular red but a different one) would look really great on X-Line wheels.
      01-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Sorry to crash in your F16 thread, but BMW really needs to offer more colors like these for F15. Red (maybe not this particular red but a different one) would look really great on X-Line wheels.
Crash all you want, I would be considering the X5 if they had Flamenco red! seriously my wife has always had red cars and won't buy any other color, we trade cars a lot but she always gets to choose the SUV color and said no to the X5 simply because of no "color" options, granted we don't need the extra space it provides, so to us the X6 is more practical because its sportier

Anyway, thanks for the input on the coral red, I guess I didn't think to look at pictures on other series and it really is brighter than the Flamenco red. Black it is I would consider the black/white nappa (love the feel of nappa leather and the cost isn't that bad) but the car will be hauling kids a lot and white/ivory + 4&6 year old kids = although it will be a lease, so...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Anyway, thanks for the input on the coral red, I guess I didn't think to look at pictures on other series and it really is brighter than the Flamenco red. Black it is I would consider the black/white nappa (love the feel of nappa leather and the cost isn't that bad) but the car will be hauling kids a lot and white/ivory + 4&6 year old kids = although it will be a lease, so...
I feel you. I've never had any problems with beige or oyster, but this ivory nappa is even already showing jeans transfer. Who knows what it will do with something more challenging.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #7
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

Picked up my black and red leather X6 Mon and the red leather looks fab. Photos will be on another thread in a few days, only exterior at the moment.

Last edited by Wing Co; 01-23-2015 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 1