BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

02-16-2023, 04:48 AM   #1
irzayev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

DA Plus, TJA and other questions about options and codding

Good day,
I Have x5 2017
S508 Park Distance Control (PDC)
S552 Adaptive LED Headlight
S563 Light Package
S575 Additional 12V Sockets
S5A1 LED Fog Lights
S5AC High-Beam Assistant
S5AG Lane Change Warning
S5AP Decoding Anti-Glare High-Beam Assistant
S5AT Driving Assistant Plus
S5DL Surround View
S5DP Park Assist

Could you please tell me -
1. What is included to DA Plus option (5AT)?
2. Does it have Stop&Go function?
The question is because: when I turn on ACC it stops behind the car, but it doesn't start go itself till i press RES button or press Acceleration Pedal.

3. I already activated LIM function and remapped SET to LIM button on steering wheel and now I want to activate TJA

And i found that I need HOD emulator - https://bimmer8.com/products/bmw-hod-emulator
1. Anyone have FDL code manual to activate it and remap my existing buttons on steering wheel?
Code FDL not FA

Thx

Last edited by irzayev; 02-16-2023 at 05:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 07:32 AM   #2
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

Morning Irzayev - yes you have ACC and it’s working correctly as you describe. It’ll move forward again automatically if traffic moves within a couple seconds, otherwise you have to tap the gas pedal or hit Resume. I installed a TJA steering wheel emulator from eBay (to simulate your hand on the wheel) and coded TJA which works well below 40 mph. There are a number of threads on how to code TJA - here’s one lead (a google search will provide more). https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1910231
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2023, 10:46 PM   #3
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

5AT (ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant )

Lane departure warning
Forward collision warning with city braking function(radar and camera-based)
Pedestrian warning with city braking function
ACC Stop & Go
Distance information (only in conjunction with SA 610)
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 03:48 AM   #4
irzayev
Enlisted Member
Rep

Did you like TJA function? is it safe? Or is there bugs that can be dangerous for me and others on the road?
As I understand it should be disabled if I will interrupt to steering wheel (change the line myself).

Thank you for reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variante Alta View Post
Morning Irzayev - yes you have ACC and it’s working correctly as you describe. It’ll move forward again automatically if traffic moves within a couple seconds, otherwise you have to tap the gas pedal or hit Resume. I installed a TJA steering wheel emulator from eBay (to simulate your hand on the wheel) and coded TJA which works well below 40 mph. There are a number of threads on how to code TJA - here’s one lead (a google search will provide more). https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1910231
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 06:04 AM   #5
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

I like the TJA function yes, but it’s really only reliably functional at lower speeds (which is what it’s intended for obviously). You can code it to work at higher speeds but I find the software just isn’t sophisticated enough to keep up with the steering input needs. Even at low speeds it doesn’t steer perfectly and shuts itself down (the self steering part) with a warning at times - particularly when the road is not well marked or it’s under construction. You’re supposed to always have your hand on the wheel and foot ready to brake (this is not autonomous driving!) so it requires constant attention - no snoozing behind the wheel. The only time it could be dangerous is when the driver is not paying attention - it’s not intended to drive the car - it is a driver _assistance_ feature, not self driving! So yes, I like it (and like technology in our BMWs) but there are clear limitations.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 11:27 AM   #6
irzayev
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you mate! This is actually what I wanted to know =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variante Alta View Post
I like the TJA function yes, but it’s really only reliably functional at lower speeds (which is what it’s intended for obviously). You can code it to work at higher speeds but I find the software just isn’t sophisticated enough to keep up with the steering input needs. Even at low speeds it doesn’t steer perfectly and shuts itself down (the self steering part) with a warning at times - particularly when the road is not well marked or it’s under construction. You’re supposed to always have your hand on the wheel and foot ready to brake (this is not autonomous driving!) so it requires constant attention - no snoozing behind the wheel. The only time it could be dangerous is when the driver is not paying attention - it’s not intended to drive the car - it is a driver _assistance_ feature, not self driving! So yes, I like it (and like technology in our BMWs) but there are clear limitations.
Appreciate 0