BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-09-2022, 06:47 PM   #155
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Cheers, I think there is an issue with the Arnotts, but atm i don't care enough to spend the $$ for a set of OEMs+ new air lines, ect. The X spends most of its time in the garage atm.

ISTA is seen them around 2-2.5cm under spec, at the 78-78.5cm.

Here is my thread with how to get the values in ISTA.
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1925231
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #156
raducris
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5d

Garage List
2015 X5d  [0.00]
If replacing just one side with Arnott, for example, shouldn't the level sensors compensate for any differences?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 01:53 PM   #157
wtwaggoner
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6

Many Thanks

Instructions were spot on. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 11:37 PM   #158
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raducris View Post
If replacing just one side with Arnott, for example, shouldn't the level sensors compensate for any differences?
You never want to replace just 1 side. Besides can guarantee that the other is not far behind.
With that said there won’t be any differences but if so then yes. It will fill the air until it’s level.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 03:02 AM   #159
BlackBeans
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | F15 X5 50i

I just replaced both my rear air springs a few weeks ago. SUPER easy job... Anyways, I used Arnott springs...oem ones were freaky expensive. What is the issue with the Arnott components??? They seemed to be high'ish quality when I handled them...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 06:44 AM   #160
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeans View Post
I just replaced both my rear air springs a few weeks ago. SUPER easy job... Anyways, I used Arnott springs...oem ones were freaky expensive. What is the issue with the Arnott components??? They seemed to be high'ish quality when I handled them...
I had zero issues with them. 99% of all reviews recommended them. I suspect the recent issue is either installer error or a manufacturing defect.

Arnott is the go to for most BMW shops.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2022, 09:20 AM   #161
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
No issue with my Arnotts. Replaced oem at ~43k miles. Just shy of 80k now. Imagine my pump or desiccant will be next to go.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2022, 04:41 AM   #162
BlackBeans
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | F15 X5 50i

Thanks for the responses guys!
And speaking of Arnott springs, when I ordered my two over the summer, the vendor out in Florida made a mistake and shipped me three!! I know it's dishonest, but I didn't say anything...
If anybody needs a spring to do their own job, just pay the shipping and a drink for me at starbuks and i'll mail my extra one to you! It's still in the original packaging. You'd just need to buy one more to be able to replace the pair together. I imagine even on the bad side, the springs will last a handful of years so there's no point in me 'keeping it for later'
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 10:07 AM   #163
alsxe10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
And speaking of Arnott springs, when I ordered my two over the summer, the vendor out in Florida made a mistake and shipped me three!! I know it's dishonest, but I didn't say anything...
If anybody needs a spring to do their own job, just pay the shipping and a drink for me at starbuks and i'll mail my extra one to you! It's still in the original packaging. You'd just need to buy one more to be able to replace the pair together. I imagine even on the bad side, the springs will last a handful of years so there's no point in me 'keeping it for later'
pmed
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 03:55 AM   #164
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Quote:
Let me know if you still Have it. I can get that starbucks to you asap.
      02-07-2023, 08:19 PM   #165
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

I had the same problem about 2 month ago. Both airbags were leaking air. Would drive the car not realizing bags were down and it's the most uncomfortable ride ever. Sometimes it would inflate on start up and deflate in route. Sporadically. Finally changed out both bags to Arnotts. Everything back to normal. Fast forward to last week, car was driving crazy again. Pulled over the rear is slammed. " Chassis restricted" error. Turned car on and off several times , then it finally inflated again. Drove good for about 4 days, now this morning car was slammed again. This time won't inflate. Normally I could turn car on off lock unlock car and it would inflate. This time seem different..

I've read it could be anything from bad compressor filter dryer , bad compressor altogether, frozen height sensor (wd40 fix) to the ride control module. Hope it's just the filter dryer.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 09:20 PM   #166
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone have the part number for the air compressor relay? Would a local Auto parts store carry this?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 09:55 PM   #167
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

swap out to coils, pull the compressor fuse, code out the rear, call it a day
      02-08-2023, 03:10 AM   #168
Chilled
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
swap out to coils, pull the compressor fuse, code out the rear, call it a day
Can you say what is the coding out process?

A few people have said that it's theoretically possible, yet not one person has been able to
  1. Point to a guide on how to
  2. Write a guide on how to
  3. or give the any indication of what this process actually looks like

Last edited by Chilled; 02-08-2023 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:31 AM   #169
kangfu84
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
I had the same problem about 2 month ago. Both airbags were leaking air. Would drive the car not realizing bags were down and it's the most uncomfortable ride ever. Sometimes it would inflate on start up and deflate in route. Sporadically. Finally changed out both bags to Arnotts. Everything back to normal. Fast forward to last week, car was driving crazy again. Pulled over the rear is slammed. " Chassis restricted" error. Turned car on and off several times , then it finally inflated again. Drove good for about 4 days, now this morning car was slammed again. This time won't inflate. Normally I could turn car on off lock unlock car and it would inflate. This time seem different..

I've read it could be anything from bad compressor filter dryer , bad compressor altogether, frozen height sensor (wd40 fix) to the ride control module. Hope it's just the filter dryer.
Exactly the same experience as me.

Changed out both my bags to Arnotts a few thousand kms ago, no issues until a week ago where I pulled into a carpark over a speed bump and both rears dropped slowly (could hear it lowering while waiting in the car). Went back up randomly so I could drive for the day but once I got home it hasn't raised again since.

Booked into a local Indy mechanic so hope it can be narrowed down and fixed. I have a spare aftermarket compressor ready to drop in if it's that. Read online that it can also be the relay in the trunk next to the fuse box but will see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 07:24 AM   #170
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
Can you say what is the coding out process?

A few people have said that it's theoretically possible, yet not one person has been able to

Point to a guide on how to
Write a guide on how to
or give the any indication of what this process actually looks like
yah that's my point. i'd love to see someone do this and share. folks did it on the e70, but i guess no one has done it on the f15?
i was hoping to entice someone
      02-09-2023, 09:09 AM   #171
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep

Bummerlink Scan
Fault code
480DA5: Compressor relay, short-circuit Ubat or line break.

I Checked 110 fuse (good) I checked green compressor relay , it responds to voltage and 0 resistance. I ordered a relay from FCPEuro beforehand anyway and it should be here today or tomorrow. But what that 480DA5 code about?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 06:30 PM   #172
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Bummerlink Scan
Fault code
480DA5: Compressor relay, short-circuit Ubat or line break.

I Checked 110 fuse (good) I checked green compressor relay , it responds to voltage and 0 resistance. I ordered a relay from FCPEuro beforehand anyway and it should be here today or tomorrow. But what that 480DA5 code about?
surprised this forum is still active. The system is so simple especially with all the help already given. Nobody diagnoses the system using codes or scanners.
      10-31-2023, 08:41 AM   #173
EMIBALOO
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 F16

It's a very easy job .... I explain to you the easiest and least dangerous way.

Take out 110 fuse, disassemble wheels, make a hole with cut in the original pneumatic spring. Disassemble from the bottom. Mark with a marker the position of the spring to be disassembled (this makes it easier to copy the mark on the new spring and make it faster), turn 30 degrees counterclockwise. Before taking it out, make another brand with a marker. Disassemble it and take the measure to stretch the new spring to that size and make it easier to install. Copy the marks to the new dock in the reverse order installed .... This is how it is agitated to have to remove the panel to disconnect the pipes in the compressor to empty the spring. 1:30h change of the two springs.

The pipes are inserted under pressure by removing the white adapter .

Very Important ..... do not lower the car completely, it is necessary that they inflate first, otherwise they can break when they shrink more and badly.
Appreciate 1
E90325M475.00
      11-17-2023, 05:32 PM   #174
aschmidt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x5

I couldn't see service function in the ISTA+, only adjustment. Anything should be enabled in ISTA to get the function for deflating?

ANSWERING MYSELF - Need to go through a vehicle identification process to get to service functions.

Last edited by aschmidt; 11-18-2023 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 09:20 AM   #175
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

I had a the rear left air spring collapse, changed both air springs and the left one was visibly damaged (torn). My mechanic replaced both, initially all looked good and the back was up and level.

Drove around a bit, parked the car, and after about an hour came to see the left side sagging again (this time with brand new air spring).

When I start the car it inflates and levels out quickly, however after shutting off it will deflate again - but not as much as when the bag was torn.

What are the other failure points possible?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 10:34 AM   #176
aforget
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 - F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDO View Post
I had a the rear left air spring collapse, changed both air springs and the left one was visibly damaged (torn). My mechanic replaced both, initially all looked good and the back was up and level.

Drove around a bit, parked the car, and after about an hour came to see the left side sagging again (this time with brand new air spring).

When I start the car it inflates and levels out quickly, however after shutting off it will deflate again - but not as much as when the bag was torn.

What are the other failure points possible?
The hose could be leaking air.
Appreciate 0