BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

X5 40e Parts Delay Again!. Anyone else with F15?

Well, our X5 40e's air conditioner failed working. We brought it in to our local dealer and diagnosed it to be a defective hose line in the cooling system. Apparently the defective part also cools the 40e HV battery and the car has to be garaged until the replacement part arrives. The part is back ordered 3-4 weeks!

Anyone else experiencing delays from parts on their F15?

Not sure if this delay is specific to the 40e and/or it is being impacted by COVID situation?

Nevertheless, we have gone through several repairs in our ownership specific to the 40e powertrain and it has resulted in prolonged delays from BMW Canada. Being early adopters of the technology, I would say BMW has not been very good at all in supporting the push on PHEV!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
ponytuning
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F16 50i, 15' F15 50i

I suppose some must be backlogged but not all. Just last week I had to cancel a large order with a reputable shop because my order had not moved for almost two weeks after placing it. I ended up reordering from a different shop and the package has not only shipped but is already on the fedex truck for delivery this Thursday.
Appreciate 0